Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Keep an eye on your dogs

Old 08-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
o5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant futureo5iiawah has a brilliant future
Name: Tim
o5iiawah's Tacoma Gallery
Keep an eye on your dogs

My folks in FL just lost their 1Yr old black Lab. They also have 3 y/o ridgeback who is smarter than most people i know. She came across an eastern Diamondback on their property, and immediately ran whereas the puppy (samson) went over to investigate as all puppies with no sense do.

He was bit in the snout and leg and they were 2 hrs away from the nearest $600/vials of anti-venom. The vet only had 2 left and the dog wouldn't have made it that far and probably would have needed more than that anyways.

They put him down Rural FL style which is the most humane thing they could have done for him being so far from a vet.

Even though my mom was only 10' away when they came upon the snake, there's really nothing they could have done to avoid it. They were after all in his home. Keep an eye on your dogs fellow TW'ers.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1.5 yr old yellow lab....Im sorry about your parents loss. That's really sad. My lab discovered toads teh other night....they were too scary and she ran off, I think she's good from snakes.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
NvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvrSumR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Jeff
NvrSumR's Tacoma Gallery
That's terrible. Poor pup. I'd lose it if that happened to my lab.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Damn... couldn't imagine losing my lab like that

Very glad we don't have shit like that up here!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear. I have a 1.5 year old black lab and this is like my second child. Very awesome dogs
Old 08-31-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Easterns are some bad boys. This pic was sent to me early this week from a bud in south GA.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #10
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I just saw a snake the other day on a trail. It was dead, but still scared teh piss out of me. I hate snakes.

Even more dangerous to dogs is stupid humans. Eventhough its September now, its still really hot out and this jackass killed his dog by leaving it in the car. He was a cop too and so was the idiot who left him in there. This careless neglect pisses me off more than anythign and it happens all the time. Story below.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...atrol-car?lite
Old 09-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #11
RoninTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
RoninTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear about the pups. I think we could safely say the majority of us here at TW have pooches and are part of our family.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for your loss... I've got a 1 1/2 yo Choc lab and she's very nosey... and I HATE snakes!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
sorry to hear about the dog. Them snakes are vicous. Not a bog fan of them or spiders. My Ridgeback will alert when a sna.ke is around but never attack one. My son found a Black widow on the play set todayl. freaked my ass out. there were three sacks with her.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
For those that may not know, you can get your pet vaccinated against snake venom. Its about $25-30 bucks. It does not make them immune but it strengthens their immune system so that at a minimum it buys them 3-4 hours of additional time to get them to a vet and then reduces the amount of anti-venom they will actually need which can get get pricey. Its cheap insurance and it also reduces the pain and swelling of the bite.

Give your local vet a call for specific details if your interested. Oh and many places do rattlesnake training as well to teach your pet to steer clear of snakes.