Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Today has been one of the toughest days of my life

Old 09-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #201
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
He's a tough little bastard, can tell by the FU look in his eyes
x2. he is.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #202
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
You sir are one tough, stubborn sob!!!!!!!

Glad you got your cat back!!!!!
Old 09-08-2012, 03:21 AM   #203
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
OH btw, did you tell everyone that you notified (meaning the locals out that way) that he is now home? That way they don't keep looking for him.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:16 AM   #204
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Way WAY cool your furry buddy is back in his home. Super job on not giving up on him. I'm such a softy for animals, like them better then people. Opps, let me wipe that tear from my eye. So Happy for you Mr. OP
Old 09-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #205
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
LMAO...no, but I'm free tomorrow if you wanna come take a look

Poor guy actually had to have surgery today at the vet. The lacerations he suffered from after hitting that barbed wire did some pretty bad damage to his chest and stomach, but it missed his organs, thank God.

The vet and nurses were literally beside themselves when we told them he had spent a week in the wilderness without food and water available and in a survival, threatened state of mind. They said heard of many cases of lost injured cats who did not make it due to predators snatching them up...but they couldn't believe our story.

He really is a trooper...poor guy had to get 10 stitches from his infected wounds, and has been put on pain meds and antibiotics for the next 3 weeks. It really makes the story of Ramsey's survival much more incredible...I'm very proud of him
I'm willing to bet that your bringing familiar items to the area and leaving them around helped Ramsey through this and gave him the added strength for survival. Ramsey stayed in the area you kept coming back to, he wanted to find you as much as you wanted to find him. Had you not kept going back Ramsey may have given up; your a great "dad". Congratulations on getting your baby back and kudos to TW for the support and prayers.

I wonder if your story brought any cat fans out of the closet, we all know the type; they claim they hate cats but are really cat-curious.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #206
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Give Him a hug and a kiss from Tammy & Steve!
Old 09-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #207
yellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud ofyellowrubiu has much to be proud of

yellowrubiu's Tacoma Gallery
Wow man, that is awesome. I was away camping with the family for the weekend and was hoping when I got back I would see exactly what I'm seeing. Love that picture and I'm so glad to hear Ramsey is home. You should be very proud of what you've accomplished. If you listen closely you'll hear me applauding your perseverance and complete commitment to getting Ramsey home again, totally awesome man
Old 09-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #209
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you all for the supportive comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
OH btw, did you tell everyone that you notified (meaning the locals out that way) that he is now home? That way they don't keep looking for him.
Yes, we tried our best to notify everybody in town, and all the people from the National Abyssinian Rescue that he's home safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
I'm willing to bet that your bringing familiar items to the area and leaving them around helped Ramsey through this and gave him the added strength for survival. Ramsey stayed in the area you kept coming back to, he wanted to find you as much as you wanted to find him. Had you not kept going back Ramsey may have given up; your a great "dad". Congratulations on getting your baby back and kudos to TW for the support and prayers.

I wonder if your story brought any cat fans out of the closet, we all know the type; they claim they hate cats but are really cat-curious.
I agree, and that's why I was so adamant about driving back up ever other day to just "be there" and have him know that we're around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
Matt, hows the kitty doing?
Ramsey is recovering from his surgery very well...as stated, he's a trooper. He's spending most of his days napping around the house, yet he's quite active at night like usual. It's taking a constant effort to watch him and make sure he's not licking his stitches, and the cone isn't working since they're so low, and hes so damn flexible!

Otherwise, I think he has a new appreciation for his family. Ramsey was never a "lap cat", he always liked to just come and go as he pleases and never really stayed in one part of the house for a while. But lately, he's been jumping onto the couch and napping on my lap for sometimes hours! It's nice to see him so appreciative
Old 09-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #210
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
Nice story, great ending, and congrats! Went camping last four days with no Internet or cell coverage... Waiting for the outcome was killing my wife and I!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #211
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
One of the best threads I've ever read! So glad you found him, OP!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #212
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
So glad you got him back man! Like I said, I dunno what I'd do if one my girls went missing.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #213
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is a super old thread, but I enjoyed reading it and I'm happy the cat was found! What a happy ending!

When we had to put my cat down it was horrible, I can only hope there is a kitty heaven!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #214
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for bumping this up..missed it the first time around.

well done OP!! well done.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:27 AM   #216
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
7 months later, and Ramsey is going strong! He's actually gotten quite accustomed to being outside lately. He's snuck out of the house 3 times this week only to snoop around the yard and hop the fence into the wilderness behind it and then hop back over then wait at the door for us to open it.

I'm not worried about him losing his way around the neighborhood, but more the predators in our area. Plenty of bobcats, raptors, coyotes, and snakes behind the fence.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #217
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
7 months later, and Ramsey is going strong! He's actually gotten quite accustomed to being outside lately. He's snuck out of the house 3 times this week only to snoop around the yard and hop the fence into the wilderness behind it and then hop back over then wait at the door for us to open it.

I'm not worried about him losing his way around the neighborhood, but more the predators in our area. Plenty of bobcats, raptors, coyotes, and snakes behind the fence.

wassup Ramsey? I had cats growing up, they killed everything that wasn't too big or moved too fast. My house never had birds or squirrels.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #218
Pay it Forward
Graham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant futureGraham has a brilliant future

Graham's Tacoma Gallery
I am emotionally exhausted after reading this thread!

Glad you got your buddy back OP!
Old 04-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #219
El Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shed
El Chip's Tacoma Gallery
What a story!

Glad you got your buddy back. I would be a mess if I lost one of the cats or dogs. Like our children they are.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #220
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
wassup Ramsey? I had cats growing up, they killed everything that wasn't too big or moved too fast. My house never had birds or squirrels.
If he's a good squirrel hunter, can I borrow him?? Please