Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Today has been one of the toughest days of my life

Old 08-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Today has been one of the toughest days of my life

And I guess I should say I've been lucky because it's about my cat. Nonetheless, it's extremely painful.

Exactly a year ago, we brough Ramsey into our house. He's a playful, joyful, Abyssinian cat who was around a year old. Now at age two, we decided to take him and my 13 year old golden retriever on a camping trip to Lake Tahoe.

This morning, while getting coffee in Olancha, a sleepy small town along the 395, Ramsey jumped out of the RV window and it's been 14 hours since any of us saw him. We've been searching non stop, keeping somebody at the RV at all times, taking shifts sleeping, and leaving food out for him. My dad says he saw home jump out, get spooked by some other dogs, hit a barbed wire fence and head into a closed off field. Theres NOTHING out here...dirt roads, tumbleweeds and bushes. We've contacted every home in 2 miles to let them know he's missing.

There's no sign of him, and we called off the trip. The friendly neighbors and cafe provided us with water and power, and we're giving him until morning to come back...or we're heading home without him.

It's the toughest decision I've ever had to make...leaving him behind. What of he came back just after we left? What if he's out there injured and needs help? There is no animal control for hundreds of miles, and nobody to help us search.

I'm scared, sad, angry, and depressed...I haven't eaten all day, and haven't slept in over 26 hours due to driving. I'm writing to you from outside my RV, while my family sleeps and dreams of reuniting with our friend. Until then, it's going to be a long night but I have to keep the light on for him.

I'm sorry for rambling...I have to stay strong for my family but it really is hard to hold back the tears...we all love him very much and he's been a part of all our lives for the last year. I can't imagine returning home without him.

Sen your good vibes, send him home for me, fellas. I'm not a man of faith, but I'll admit I've looked up a few times today.

Goodnight.

Today has been one of the toughest days of my life-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346477353.606556.jpg
Old 08-31-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
hope you find him brother ill send a prayer your way keep strong
Old 08-31-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
WARR4NT is on a distinguished road
WARR4NT's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks man, I'm sorry. Get some rest and eat something. Check again in the morning, leave your number with the neighbors in case they find your cat. You could post some Craig's list ads also. I hope you find your cat.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:44 PM   #6
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
damn man that sucks! hope you find him save and sound before you leave! all ways thought he looked really cool. and i’m not really a cat person at all.

edit: tobad you not really close. i would come help look right now. i can’t sleep at all. not even tired.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:55 PM   #7
Goflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Goflight2's Tacoma Gallery
Hang in there, Matt. As a pet owner myself, I understand the feelings you're having right now. If I was there, I'd be looking right along side of you.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers that you find him!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sorry to hear man.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #11
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Thats horrible. Im sorry man!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #12
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
The "unknown" is always the worst. Good luck to him and you. Hopefully you'll be reunited again.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #13
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys...just got back from doing another round in the field with the flashlights. Worst part is that the wind is really picking up. It's blowing 20mph gusts...Ramsey's only been an indoor cat his whole life. I can't imagine how scare he must be.

I'm trying to pass the time and this thread is helping me keep positive. Thanks again...you guys are the best.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #14
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-01-2012, 12:22 AM   #15
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Best of luck to you, I hope you find him.
But if you don't and have to leave don't beat yourself up about it too much.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #16
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Not funny.
x2!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #17
Goflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoflight2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Goflight2's Tacoma Gallery
Life's a big shit sandwich sometimes, and we all have to take a bite. You're a good guy, and you're doing the right thing. Don't beat yourself up too much. Do what you can, for as long as you can and you will be at peace with the final outcome. It was not your fault.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #19
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
Asshole much ?
Old 09-01-2012, 12:55 AM   #20
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Hope ya find him man, think positive