1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Waterproof Cochlear Processors for my son

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by imsikotic, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Sep 9, 2012 at 9:49 PM
    imsikotic

imsikotic [OP] If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    Our son Dominic was born profoundly deaf in the left ear and moderate severe in the right. He was fitted with hearing aids at four months old which did not provide enough sound for him to produce speech, we wanted to get him cochlear implants but he did not qualify for them at the time. At 18 months old he was learning to walk and fell and hit his head hard he stopped responding to sound completely so we took him in for a hearing test and it showed he lost all hearing he had left in the right ear, which then qualified him for the implants. We struggled to make the decision to become a signing family or to give him the gift of hearing through technology. We decided right away that we wanted him to hear! Dominic had his bilateral surgery on Feb 1st 2010 and they were activated on Feb 23rd 2010. He heard music, our voices, everything for the first time. It was amazing! The only downside to the processors he wears is they are not waterproof. The company that makes his processors is Advanced Bionics and they have come out with a waterproof processor that can completely be submerged in the water. We tried to get insurance to cover them but they will not because his current processors are "functioning". We feel it is vital that he is able hear in the water and be able to communicate with us, his frustration level will decrease and his language will expand if he hears in the bath, pool and beach. Please help us with this fundraiser any way that you can. These processors are a total of $16,000. We have a grant that United Healthcare has approved for $5,000 and we have his back up unopened processors that can be traded in for an amount of $7,000. All we have left to raise is $4,000! Thank you so much for any help you can provide! God bless.

Please follow the link below:
    http://fundly.com/p6ag5mfj

2. Sep 11, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    nfs257

nfs257 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    She gone
    Bump for a great family! Lets pull thru for our family here on Tacoma World once again!

3. Sep 11, 2012 at 9:12 AM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Good luck buddy I was born and raised with about 70% hearing loss in both ear's and wait for the day when they make waterproof hearing aid's. I think it's a great decision to raise him to be a hearing child in a hearing family, god only knows how life would be had my parent's put me in a deaf and blind school. If you have any question's that you want answered from someone whom has been where Dominic is and will be in life feel free to PM me I'll answer them as best as I can.

4. Sep 11, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    Thank you for the kind words Gentlemen.

5. Sep 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM
    imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
  6. Sep 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM
    Sje1124

Sje1124 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 DBL Cab TRD OR 4x4
    Just a few
    Bump for a great cause!

7. Sep 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM
    imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Thanx you Sean. It is vastly important to my family that he has the ability to hear in and around water. It is very dangerous that he cannot hear commands and we cannot teach him to swim.

8. Sep 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
  9. Sep 16, 2012 at 9:08 PM
    nfs257

nfs257 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    She gone
  10. Sep 16, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    IGO4LOW

IGO4LOW Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Fullerton, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4 w/ JBL Audio
    3" Procomp lift, 285/70 R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Procomp series 6005 wheels, Fog lights on Anytime mod, illuminated oem fog switch, bed mat, all weather floormats, CB Radio in dash, alternating turn signal mod, automatic center console light. Blacked out badges, D2s in the grille.
    Good luck to you! My sister was born completely deaf. She has had her implant for 11 years. She just got a waterproof prossessor a couple months ago! She has had the regular processor and the over the ear one. She doesn't like the waterproof one as well as the over the ear one. She says it has a "weird" sound to it compaired to the others. It just takes time to adjust. Sign language is a great thing to learn also as it can be very useful in emergencies or if your battery runs out.

11. Sep 21, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
  12. Sep 21, 2012 at 6:34 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
  13. Sep 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM
    imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Replied

14. Oct 2, 2012 at 12:12 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Bump for Randy's son.

15. Oct 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM
    imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Thank You David!!

16. Oct 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM
    roberts white lightning

roberts white lightning Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    robert
    riverside
    Vehicle:
    07 speed way blue prerunner
    stock for now
    Hope everything works out man!

17. Oct 2, 2012 at 8:25 PM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    Donated $10. Maybe more later on, I just spent $500 on my anniversary and I have to recover.

18. Oct 2, 2012 at 8:49 PM
    imsikotic

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Thanks soooo much Mario! If half the folks on TW could donate 5-10 bucks our goal would be met in no time at all.

19. Oct 2, 2012 at 10:52 PM
    RJALLDAY702

RJALLDAY702 U MAD? OH U MAD

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
    Bump for Randy. <3

20. Oct 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM
    jobrien

jobrien shit happens then you die

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ontario California
    Vehicle:
    2011 single cab base 4x4
    Bed mat, cleats, scangauge, new headlight bulbs, weather techs, more to come
To Top