1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Victim of Bullying: Amanda Todd

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by MapleMoose, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Oct 12, 2012 at 1:29 PM
    MapleMoose

MapleMoose [OP] Drunk Canadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    Hey guys,

Just thought i would share this tragic story with you all. Its been all over facebook these last couple days. A 15 year old girl from Vancouver BC, Canada committed suicide on October 10, 2012.

Bullying is still very prevalent in our society, especially in elementary and high school. I was bullied when i was younger and and it affected me everyday. It was as small as getting singled out from a group to being threatened to get beat up. Bullying affects us for as long as we live. We may hide it and pretend it doesnt bother us, but it does. Even when we get older we still bully eachother.

Anyways, i thought i would bring this up because we all need a reminder once in a while.

RIP Amanda Todd

Here is her story:

http://youtu.be/ej7afkypUsc

2. Oct 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    BostonBilly

BostonBilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Easton
    Vehicle:
    2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
    Holy Shit that sucks. RIP

3. Oct 12, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Very sad to hear someone that young taking their life... :(

4. Oct 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM
    evh5150

evh5150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Auburn,Ma
    Vehicle:
    2010 D/C S/B V6 6 Speed
    Bilstein/5100 combo from Toytec. LR UCA's.1.5 AAL's Full audio upgrade.Pioneer 8400, JL Audio subs. All Boston Acoustic pro speakers, and a Kenwood XRS 5 amp. Grillcraft, Smittybuilt stainless steps. Debadged. Soon 17x8 ATX Ledge wheels w/285/70/17 BF Goodrich
    Wow, hopefully they go after the people on Facebook that caused this

5. Oct 12, 2012 at 1:52 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Just read that story on the CBC site

Sad indeed

6. Oct 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    poor kid.

i wonder where her parents were?

RIP AT.

7. Oct 12, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    TacoDell

TacoDell Truck ~n~ Tow

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '00 Tacoma SR5 4X
    Donahoe CO's, Deaver leaf paks, Lockright Locker, All Pro body armor ( sliders, front and rear bumpers ), All Pro under belly skids, Warn M8K w/Masterpull synthetic line, Dual Optima battery system, 4 ea LightForce Striker 170 offroad lights, 8 ea wired rock lights, and plenty more I'm sure
    I blame the parents for allowing their kid unsupervised online access.

parents (and people in general) are seriously naive or ignorant regarding the internet.

the internet is not a replacement for parenting skills or baby sitting.

It is sad that a young life was lost...
    but put the blame where it really lay.

8. Oct 12, 2012 at 4:55 PM
    MapleMoose

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    3" Eibach Coils, 3" AP Springs, AP 6" Shackles Toytec Diff drop, BAMF Sliders, Deck plate mod,Volt meter, Highbeam mod, PIAA fogs, 18" Magnaflow, LED dash swap, Color matched Satoshi Grille, Custom Rear Plate Bumper
    All computers nowadays have webcams

Not sure how old you are or what your child hood was like, but around here kids as young as 14 get into drugs and alcohol easily. Me and my friends were drinking almost every weekend by 16. And most of my friends were doing drugs by then too. Its not very hard to find drugs when your in highschool.

9. Oct 12, 2012 at 4:59 PM
    04v6trd

04v6trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tylor
    port moody
    Vehicle:
    silver double cab ted
    i knew this girl no reason anyone should have bullied her she was a awesome person rip

10. Oct 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM
    T Fades

T Fades Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    That sucks, bigtime. Poor girl.

11. Oct 12, 2012 at 5:12 PM
    MapleMoose

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    First off, fuck you. My parents split up when i was young and i lived with my dad in a very small town. I didnt go to boarding school and theres not much to do in a small town. I dont regret much from my childhood.

Second. You cant blame it all on the parents. Nowadays, parents have very little control on what their kids do outside of home. Sure you can put them up in private school, watch them all the time, make sure they come home every night, and discipline them. What kid wants that!?

Media and internet has shaped the new generation and its completely different from 10 years ago (still dont know how old you are). Kids are growing up watching youtube and tv where drugs, alcohol, and sex are everywhere. So unless you shield them from all of that, they are going to be curious and want to try it.

There are far worse parents out there that abuse there kids on a daily basis. So if you think parenting was an issue here, in my opinion, i think your wrong.

12. Oct 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    97yota4wd

97yota4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    alot of metal, small engine, decent travel.
    caged, camburg long travel, 50t leafpack (soon to be installed) light rack over cab, 5pt harnesses etc
    i have to agree, and im still a kid (19)
    you expect parents to watch their kids (15+)? 24/7 like a fucking hawk? sit with them while on the comp, home before dark, cant stay out on weekends. that sounds like jail to me. yeah maybe the parents should have been more involved but you can blame the parents for this. thats just stupid.

13. Oct 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    my parents managed to both work and do just what you described

14. Oct 12, 2012 at 5:27 PM
    MapleMoose

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    Thank you.

Yes were young and make mistakes. Making making those choices and learning from them is what helps us grow as humans. But its the type of people that take advantage of those mistakes and expose them that bothers me. Thats whats wrong with our society.

15. Oct 12, 2012 at 5:31 PM
    MapleMoose

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    West Kootenays
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma SR5
    No, Fuck you because your blaming my parents for the choices i made when i was young.

Im done with you

16. Oct 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    You two chill out. This isn't about you and your baggage...

17. Oct 12, 2012 at 5:51 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    I wonder why..People do that shit every day(show on webcam)..There has to be more to it then she showed her boobs, and hooked up with a dude that had a gf. Most people dont even bat an eye at that kinda stuff anymore.

18. Oct 12, 2012 at 5:55 PM
    dfrugia

dfrugia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Goose
    Roswell, NM
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD OFF RD 4X4
    Running boards w/steps, Weathertechs
    Failure surrounded this poor girl. Raise your kids to not be bullies and to stand up for the weak. I did it when I was in school and I'm raising my 6 year old son to do the same. Pray this girl finds peace in heaven.

19. Oct 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    add in that she's a teenage girl, and that her parents are split up, and who knows what else

It's easy to say stuff shouldnt bother someone...but when it's something embarrassing in and of itself and then it's thrown in your face and used to embarrass you on a daily basis...that kind of stuff cuts deeper than many of us will ever understand

20. Oct 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now

I think it if would of been a one time thing it would of been different.

BUT...The one guy she said kept "following" her, knew all her addresses and schools, even made a FB page about her breasts.:rolleyes:

To Top