Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Victim of Bullying: Amanda Todd

Old 10-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Victim of Bullying: Amanda Todd

Hey guys,

Just thought i would share this tragic story with you all. Its been all over facebook these last couple days. A 15 year old girl from Vancouver BC, Canada committed suicide on October 10, 2012.

Bullying is still very prevalent in our society, especially in elementary and high school. I was bullied when i was younger and and it affected me everyday. It was as small as getting singled out from a group to being threatened to get beat up. Bullying affects us for as long as we live. We may hide it and pretend it doesnt bother us, but it does. Even when we get older we still bully eachother.

Anyways, i thought i would bring this up because we all need a reminder once in a while.

RIP Amanda Todd

Here is her story:

http://youtu.be/ej7afkypUsc
Old 10-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Very sad to hear someone that young taking their life...
Old 10-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Banned
evh5150 will become famous soon enough
Name: Eddie
evh5150's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, hopefully they go after the people on Facebook that caused this
Old 10-12-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Just read that story on the CBC site

Sad indeed
Old 10-12-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
poor kid.

i wonder where her parents were?

RIP AT.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
I blame the parents for allowing their kid unsupervised online access.

parents (and people in general) are seriously naive or ignorant regarding the internet.

the internet is not a replacement for parenting skills or baby sitting.

It is sad that a young life was lost...
but put the blame where it really lay.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Bullying yes . But where were the parents at ? Webcam at that age ? Drugs and alcohol ? Horrible parenting it seems also .
Old 10-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Bullying yes . But where were the parents at ? Webcam at that age ? Drugs and alcohol ? Horrible parenting it seems also .
All computers nowadays have webcams

Not sure how old you are or what your child hood was like, but around here kids as young as 14 get into drugs and alcohol easily. Me and my friends were drinking almost every weekend by 16. And most of my friends were doing drugs by then too. Its not very hard to find drugs when your in highschool.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #10
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Wow where were your parents ? She was bullied yes but this falls on the parents and her very bad choices .
Old 10-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #11
04v6trd will become famous soon enough

Name: tylor
04v6trd's Tacoma Gallery
i knew this girl no reason anyone should have bullied her she was a awesome person rip
Old 10-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #12
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks, bigtime. Poor girl.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #13
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Wow where were your parents ? She was bullied yes but this falls on the parents and her very bad choices .
First off, fuck you. My parents split up when i was young and i lived with my dad in a very small town. I didnt go to boarding school and theres not much to do in a small town. I dont regret much from my childhood.

Second. You cant blame it all on the parents. Nowadays, parents have very little control on what their kids do outside of home. Sure you can put them up in private school, watch them all the time, make sure they come home every night, and discipline them. What kid wants that!?

Media and internet has shaped the new generation and its completely different from 10 years ago (still dont know how old you are). Kids are growing up watching youtube and tv where drugs, alcohol, and sex are everywhere. So unless you shield them from all of that, they are going to be curious and want to try it.

There are far worse parents out there that abuse there kids on a daily basis. So if you think parenting was an issue here, in my opinion, i think your wrong.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #15
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
First off, fuck you. My parents split up when i was young and i lived with my dad in a very small town. I didnt go to boarding school and theres not much to do in a small town. I dont regret much from my childhood.

Second. You cant blame it all on the parents. Nowadays, parents have very little control on what their kids do outside of home. Sure you can put them up in private school, watch them all the time, make sure they come home every night, and discipline them. What kid wants that!?

Media and internet has shaped the new generation and its completely different from 10 years ago (still dont know how old you are). Kids are growing up watching youtube and tv where drugs, alcohol, and sex are everywhere. So unless you shield them from all of that, they are going to be curious and want to try it.

There are far worse parents out there that abuse there kids on a daily basis. So if you think parenting was an issue here, in my opinion, i think your wrong.
i have to agree, and im still a kid (19)
you expect parents to watch their kids (15+)? 24/7 like a fucking hawk? sit with them while on the comp, home before dark, cant stay out on weekends. that sounds like jail to me. yeah maybe the parents should have been more involved but you can blame the parents for this. thats just stupid.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
i have to agree, and im still a kid (19)
you expect parents to watch their kids (15+)? 24/7 like a fucking hawk? sit with them while on the comp, home before dark, cant stay out on weekends. that sounds like jail to me. yeah maybe the parents should have been more involved but you can blame the parents for this. thats just stupid.
my parents managed to both work and do just what you described
Old 10-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #17
Drunk Canadian

Thank you.

Yes were young and make mistakes. Making making those choices and learning from them is what helps us grow as humans. But its the type of people that take advantage of those mistakes and expose them that bothers me. Thats whats wrong with our society.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #18
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Woah woah . Fuck me because you were a drunk and 16 . Naw fuck you .
Old 10-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
Drunk Canadian

Quote:
Woah woah . Fuck me because you were a drunk and 16 . Naw fuck you .
No, Fuck you because your blaming my parents for the choices i made when i was young.

Im done with you
Old 10-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #20
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
No I was done with you after my post .