Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

God answers prayers & he is so good!

Old 12-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
bridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: If I told you....I'd have to kill you. ;-)
bridgcat's Tacoma Gallery
God answers prayers & he is so good!

I was informed last week that I would be getting about a $40,000 pay cut as a part of cost cutting measures. The pay cut wouldn't really hurt me but I was upset due to the time I have put in to get to where I am financially at age 27. No one likes to have their money messed with. They want to cut costs and we show them ways to save a million dollars a day and they don't take it but then they take money out of our pockets. I started praying about the issue and I felt God wanted me to go elsewhere. Today a friend that I haven't spoke to in a long time called me to tell me they need some guys to work in the GOM for...BP. Here is the kicker. I would actually make 60k more a year going to bp over my current employer before the pay cut. God answers prayers. I am blessed beyond measure.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Official Flatlander
Gieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shedGieser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gieser's Tacoma Gallery
good to hear man. He answers in ways no one can ever predict
Old 12-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
bridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gieser View Post
good to hear man. He answers in ways no one can ever predict
Indeed he does. His answers always show in my wife. I was freaking out...more angry than anything and I complained and worried, and stressed. I felt like while this company is giving other groups raises, they are taking from us. While they waste millions when we show them how to save it and they don't do it, then they realize their finances are a mess....and they cut mine, and 40 other peoples pay. She kept telling me to take it to God and I finally gave it over to him and then I get a phone call about a job.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Good to hear, man!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
That's great news!

I've had my share of ups and downs too and I've learned over the years that it really doesn't matter. Some how, shit always works out.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
The pay cut wouldn't really hurt me but I was upset
I'm cornfused....at 27 yrs old, you're making the kind of bank that a 40k pay cut wouldn't hurt you? In Alabama? God is watching you for sure, my friend. You must be the kind of guy the president wants to tax
Old 12-14-2012, 10:03 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdude View Post
I'm cornfused....at 27 yrs old, you're making the kind of bank that a 40k pay cut wouldn't hurt you? In Alabama? God is watching you for sure, my friend. You must be the kind of guy the president wants to tax
lol. I work for a major oil & gas company. I travel all over the place for work. I've working in the gulf, Pennsylvania, Ohio, North Dakota, The Congo, Ghana, Equatorial Guinea and Australia. I busted my hump to make that money though. Yeah...Obamas taxes are gonna kick me right in the pants.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
jrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrobson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jrobson's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats bro. God is definately good ALL the time.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #10
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Praise the Lord. I find giving is the best way to receive God's blessings, dont forget to tithe on your new increase .
Old 12-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
That's good it worked out for ya. Glad it did for someone

I was laid off in Sept. And was not as lucky as you. I found work but a big pay cut from what I was making. It hurts especially now around xmass.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #12
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
God sure doesn't answer everyone's prayers, especially those most in need of em, it seems. But congrats on that my friend.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlooney View Post
God sure doesn't answer everyone's prayers, especially those most in need of em, it seems. But congrats on that my friend.
He always answers them. It may not be what we always want but it's always what we need. It may not feel that way, but Gods plans for us are long term and never short sighted. What hurts today may be the best thing that could have happened tomorrow. The first move is to allow God to work in every aspect of our lives and give it all to him. Love God, seek him, praise him, glorify him and trust in him and he will bless us beyond measure. Whenever I stumble or question my faith and his teachings or his decisions I always go to this verse.
Psalm 55:22 - Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Remember....when bad things happen...it's not always God doing them. If it is, it's for a reason. We have to remember that Satan works every day to undo the acts of our Lord.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
That's good it worked out for ya. Glad it did for someone

I was laid off in Sept. And was not as lucky as you. I found work but a big pay cut from what I was making. It hurts especially now around xmass.
I'm sorry to hear that Mike. I'll pray for you and I'm sure good things are in store. Just keep your faith in the Lord and don't be allowed to stumble. Keep your head up!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:57 PM   #16
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
He always answers them. It may not be what we always want but it's always what we need. It may not feel that way, but Gods plans for us are long term and never short sighted. What hurts today may be the best thing that could have happened tomorrow. The first move is to allow God to work in every aspect of our lives and give it all to him. Love God, seek him, praise him, glorify him and trust in him and he will bless us beyond measure. Whenever I stumble or question my faith and his teachings or his decisions I always go to this verse.
Psalm 55:22 - Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Remember....when bad things happen...it's not always God doing them. If it is, it's for a reason. We have to remember that Satan works every day to undo the acts of our Lord.
Sorry buddy but I can't buy it. Anyway I'm not here for a religious debate, I'm here to look at sick trucks I was out of line with my first post, just was in a crummy mood. Congrats on the job and everything. Keep those less fortunate in mind. Have a good one.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlooney View Post
Sorry buddy but I can't buy it. Anyway I'm not here for a religious debate, I'm here to look at sick trucks I was out of line with my first post, just was in a crummy mood. Congrats on the job and everything. Keep those less fortunate in mind. Have a good one.
No worries bud. I can't let a chance to glorify him slide by me though. Hope things look up for you and God blesses you and yours. Thanks for the congrats...I'm very excited. You have a good one as well bro!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:18 PM   #18
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Good to hear OP
God has a plan for everyone, sometimes it just really doesn't seem like it.
But it's there, just have faith, me for example I'm jobless : ( but I got faith : ) and things will change.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:03 AM   #20
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
Good to hear OP
God has a plan for everyone, sometimes it just really doesn't seem like it.
But it's there, just have faith, me for example I'm jobless : ( but I got faith : ) and things will change.