1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

God answers prayers & he is so good!

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by bridgcat, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Dec 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    bridgcat

bridgcat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    I was informed last week that I would be getting about a $40,000 pay cut as a part of cost cutting measures. The pay cut wouldn't really hurt me but I was upset due to the time I have put in to get to where I am financially at age 27. No one likes to have their money messed with. They want to cut costs and we show them ways to save a million dollars a day and they don't take it but then they take money out of our pockets. I started praying about the issue and I felt God wanted me to go elsewhere. Today a friend that I haven't spoke to in a long time called me to tell me they need some guys to work in the GOM for...BP. Here is the kicker. I would actually make 60k more a year going to bp over my current employer before the pay cut. God answers prayers. I am blessed beyond measure.

2. Dec 13, 2012 at 6:18 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    Just thought I'd share my good news with my TW family.

3. Dec 13, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    Gieser

Gieser Official Flatlander

Member:
    MB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 tundra yamaha edition
    scion Head Unit and magnaflow muffler...so far
    good to hear man. He answers in ways no one can ever predict :thumbsup:

4. Dec 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Indeed he does. His answers always show in my wife. I was freaking out...more angry than anything and I complained and worried, and stressed. I felt like while this company is giving other groups raises, they are taking from us. While they waste millions when we show them how to save it and they don't do it, then they realize their finances are a mess....and they cut mine, and 40 other peoples pay. She kept telling me to take it to God and I finally gave it over to him and then I get a phone call about a job.

5. Dec 13, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    Slodgetto

Slodgetto Über Posre

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
    :woot: Good to hear, man!

6. Dec 13, 2012 at 8:25 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    That's great news!

I've had my share of ups and downs too and I've learned over the years that it really doesn't matter. Some how, shit always works out.

7. Dec 14, 2012 at 8:56 AM
    jeepdude

jeepdude Regular Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2004 ext cab 4x4 TRD, bone stock for now
    I'm cornfused....at 27 yrs old, you're making the kind of bank that a 40k pay cut wouldn't hurt you? In Alabama? God is watching you for sure, my friend. You must be the kind of guy the president wants to tax

8. Dec 14, 2012 at 9:03 AM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    lol. I work for a major oil & gas company. I travel all over the place for work. I've working in the gulf, Pennsylvania, Ohio, North Dakota, The Congo, Ghana, Equatorial Guinea and Australia. I busted my hump to make that money though. Yeah...Obamas taxes are gonna kick me right in the pants.

9. Dec 14, 2012 at 9:06 AM
    jrobson

jrobson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4
    Ultimate lift kit, LR UCA's, Bi-xenon 8000K headlights, Xenon 8000K foglites, (4) KC slimlites on N-Fab light bar, Extang trifecta toneau cover
    Congrats bro. God is definately good ALL the time.

10. Dec 14, 2012 at 9:09 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    Praise the Lord. I find giving is the best way to receive God's blessings, dont forget to tithe on your new increase :).

11. Dec 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    That's good it worked out for ya. Glad it did for someone

I was laid off in Sept. And was not as lucky as you. I found work but a big pay cut from what I was making. It hurts especially now around xmass.

12. Dec 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    dlooney

dlooney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Wilmington NC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport PreRunner
    Satoshi w/ hella 500s mounted behind, 20% tint, 6K HID retro headlights, 4300k HID fog lights, DTRLs, plastidipped front valence, cb mount
    God sure doesn't answer everyone's prayers, especially those most in need of em, it seems. But congrats on that my friend.

13. Dec 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    He always answers them. It may not be what we always want but it's always what we need. It may not feel that way, but Gods plans for us are long term and never short sighted. What hurts today may be the best thing that could have happened tomorrow. The first move is to allow God to work in every aspect of our lives and give it all to him. Love God, seek him, praise him, glorify him and trust in him and he will bless us beyond measure. Whenever I stumble or question my faith and his teachings or his decisions I always go to this verse.
    Psalm 55:22 - Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Remember....when bad things happen...it's not always God doing them. If it is, it's for a reason. We have to remember that Satan works every day to undo the acts of our Lord.

14. Dec 15, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    I'm sorry to hear that Mike. I'll pray for you and I'm sure good things are in store. Just keep your faith in the Lord and don't be allowed to stumble. Keep your head up!

15. Dec 15, 2012 at 8:56 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man! And we will always praise him!

Yes sir. My wife reminds me all the time. It's because of her that my faith has become so strong.

16. Dec 15, 2012 at 8:57 PM
    dlooney

dlooney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Wilmington NC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport PreRunner
    Satoshi w/ hella 500s mounted behind, 20% tint, 6K HID retro headlights, 4300k HID fog lights, DTRLs, plastidipped front valence, cb mount
    Sorry buddy but I can't buy it. Anyway I'm not here for a religious debate, I'm here to look at sick trucks :D I was out of line with my first post, just was in a crummy mood. Congrats on the job and everything. Keep those less fortunate in mind. Have a good one.

17. Dec 15, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    No worries bud. I can't let a chance to glorify him slide by me though. Hope things look up for you and God blesses you and yours. Thanks for the congrats...I'm very excited. You have a good one as well bro!

18. Dec 15, 2012 at 9:18 PM
    Dcpsychobilly

Dcpsychobilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Bumpers, skids, lights and more lights, trail gear bumper, sliders, front kings, dakar lift leaf springs rear, corbeau seats
    Good to hear OP
    God has a plan for everyone, sometimes it just really doesn't seem like it.
    But it's there, just have faith, me for example I'm jobless : ( but I got faith : ) and things will change.

19. Dec 15, 2012 at 9:33 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Yes sir! I'm sure things will work out better than you could have imagined! Keep the faith!

20. Dec 16, 2012 at 7:03 AM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,

:pray:.

To Top