1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Living in harmony with my pregnant wife.

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by winL, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Mar 13, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    winL

winL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Leer 100R Cap, OEM Hood Protector, Bilstein 5100's @0, Wheeler's 3leaf AAL no TSB, Replaced oem OL, OME 885, Pioneer AVIC-D2
    Wouldn't know where to start, or how to start explaining. But, hope some of the guys that's been through this can give me words of wisdom, or prayers.

So, my wife is 5 months into her pregnancy and her bump is clearly there. I mean... it's a good size. :confused: She gets exhausted quite easily, her mood does swing a bit. She wants to eat all sorts of things and wants it to be healthy (of course). So, I do a lot of the shopping for food, chores at home since she has trouble bending over and standing back up. And three little toy yappers that she'd rather divorce me than get rid of them (married the wife, married the dogs). Those little dogs has to stay indoors since we live in a townhome.

Can't argue with her, since she seems like she'll faint once we get 1minute into our heated debate. So, I keep my mouth shut and walk away.

It's honestly quite frustrating that the messes never end since we bought our new home couple months ago and still getting the last bits together, endless meals of fresh home cooking that I do(going out to eat every night is budget blowing), her cooking is great, but her cleanup skills in the kitchen just isn't up to par, work, prep for upcoming child...etc.

It's numbing my mind out... and btw, my mother-in-law will be coming in a month to stay for couple months. Nothing wrong in our relations, but I've never lived with someone not my parents, or my wife.

Take it as a rant (aka complaint), or I'll just say a thanks for reading this far. Hopefully I'm not the only one that's been through this, that can give me some words that'll carry me through sanely. And, hearing about the lack of sleep I'll be getting in the future, diapers I have to blow through, though I don't get a lot of sleep already....

Not sure what to think, mind is numb, work is hectic... I'll support my family through this definitely, but this situation is quite something.

Everything was quite smooth before that bump, I'm thankful we have a boy coming into our lives, but this period is crazy.

I know the Lord won't put me through something that I can't conquer.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. Mar 13, 2013 at 4:57 PM
    rmb_crew

rmb_crew My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jacksonville, FL 30.243103, -81.591007‎
    Vehicle:
    2010 F150 XLT SuperCrew 4X4
    Access larado tonneau, magnaflow exhaust
    Its gonna be wild for a little while man. My daughter is 8 months right now and its been a trip for sure. It really does put a hamper on doing stuff but in the long run its worth it. Once shes old enough to walk on her own things will start to change again. And i know it sucks but the cleaning will never end. I hate it too and my daughter loves to make a mess. But it is truly the best thing that has happened to me. I hope the best for you and hope you hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

3. Mar 13, 2013 at 5:06 PM
    MudFlap

MudFlap Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Memphis (north mississippi)
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Ahhh Grasshoppah! do not worry......... This too shall pass!

Every grown man has been where youre at my friend. Its a real PITA too. Be there for your wife and child as much as you possibly can, but there will come a day when you will have to let her know, that you don't mind going to the end of the world for her but you aint gonna listen to a bunch of yapping on the way. Its all part of growing pains in a relationship, and trust me, if she were gone tomorrow you would WISH you had her there to pick up after and to wait on hand and foot. But be patient, the line WILL have to be drawn somewhere at sometime. Don't do it when your pissed off, be calm and be firm and let her know how ya feel.

Good luck dude, and don't take too much crap from the mother in law, there will be differences there too but just take it one day at a time.

4. Mar 13, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    TacOffRoad11

TacOffRoad11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Georgetown, KY
    Vehicle:
    '18 F150 XLT
    I went through a lot of the same thing when my wife was pregnant with our daughter. The hardest thing I have had to learn is how to balance work, family life and me time. Now, I know me time sounds kinda nuts but trust me man you'll need it. Thats why I have a garage! Haha!

About the cleaning. My wife is clean freak. Me, not so much. Now don't get me wrong I like my house picked up but I do not care so much as my wife. My philosophy is a messy home with a toddler (my daughter is 18 months old) is a happy home. Yeah, there are toys all over and I have stepped on a lego a time or two but seeing my daughter happy makes it worth it. Keep your head up and remember the most important thing is not a spotless house or perfectly cooked meals but your son and wife! BTW, congrats on the kiddo!!

On a side note and I may be completely nuts but wife was hot when she had her baby bump!

5. Mar 13, 2013 at 5:23 PM
    bigeye227

bigeye227 bigeye227

Member:
    First Name:
    Charlie
    Kernersville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Banks Exhaust, K&N CAI, Custom Mud Flaps, Weather Techs
    You are doing all the right things. Hang in there and keep cleaning. It will get way better soon.

6. Mar 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    winL

winL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Leer 100R Cap, OEM Hood Protector, Bilstein 5100's @0, Wheeler's 3leaf AAL no TSB, Replaced oem OL, OME 885, Pioneer AVIC-D2
    Nice to know I'm not going crazy. Good news is you've all mentioned that this will eventually end. But Mudflap's quote "if she were gone tomorrow you would WISH you had her there to pick up after and to wait on hand and foot. " really hit the spot.

Got quite a few good laughs from you guys too. Thanks all.

7. Mar 13, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Buck up puss. If you think it is rough now, wait until the little rugrat is born. Luckily for me, our daughter is seven going on eight years old and our second child is due in May so I have already started to train her to help out mommy.

8. Mar 13, 2013 at 6:31 PM
    SoCalTacos

SoCalTacos Turd runner

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    Yeah, it'll buff out.

9. Mar 13, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    RedruM29

RedruM29 Blinking Car Mod...

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Nor☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    Just enough, and never enough
    Hey man if you need to get out and have a beer some time... Pm me! Oh and good luck.

To Top