Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Prayers for Gabe Lyall

Old 04-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #21
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers to Gabe and his family. Get better soon...
Old 04-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #22
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Any update?

prayers sent.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #23
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Our prayers are with you.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #24
El Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Chip is one of the sharper tools in the shed
El Chip's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers sent.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #25
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks again for all your prayers folks. A little update on Gabe, his chemo is on hold for a little bit to give his body a break. They attacked it pretty aggressively from the get go and his immune system pretty much broke down. He's been sick and coughing a lot, very lethargic. The saddest part is his hair is starting to fall out I went and visited last weekend, he was actually in a very chipper mood and laughed with me and we played with his Iron Man, Wolverine, and Captain America monster trucks.

The chemo is set to resume soon. The good news is the tumors are still shrinking and there is hope they can do surgery to remove some of them soon! So please keep praying for the kid! I will be running a 5K with his shirt on this coming weekend in his honor. Last weekend we held a trail ride at the Hatfield-McCoy trail system. Landau Eugene Murphy was the guest of honor and we raised almost $10,000 for his medical expenses!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #26
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Poor kid, doesn't even understand what is happening or why

Old 04-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #27

Ignore my cousins, I was snapchatting them while up there so they could see him.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #28

Excellent news! The doctors ran some tests today, the tumor behind Gabe's heart has lost 20% of it's mass! He still has a long way to go but this is such great news to hear!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #29
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupster88 View Post
Excellent news! The doctors ran some tests today, the tumor behind Gabe's heart has lost 20% of it's mass! He still has a long way to go but this is such great news to hear!
go Gabe!!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #30
City Slickin' Redneck, I wear a suit with a mullet
ChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shedChiveOn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ChiveOn's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, as I read this my eyes are tearing up for this little guy and his family! I've already sent one prayer but trust me I'll throw up another one tonight for Gabe.

As a kid who had 2 heart surgeries before I was 2 I know the non medical costs that can wheigh in on a family, saying this if Gabe's family needs help with hotels, toys, food, etc PLEASE let us know!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
go Gabe!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
Wow, as I read this my eyes are tearing up for this little guy and his family! I've already sent one prayer but trust me I'll throw up another one tonight for Gabe.

As a kid who had 2 heart surgeries before I was 2 I know the non medical costs that can wheigh in on a family, saying this if Gabe's family needs help with hotels, toys, food, etc PLEASE let us know!
Thanks for the prayers, I truely believe all the prayers and thoughts have aided his progress. We have held multiple fundraisers inlcuding a mud run, silent auction, bake sale, and car wash. We have set up a PayPal account where anonymous donors have been coming in by the dozens. We had a t-shirt and wrist band sale with almost all proceeds going to Gabe's family. As of a couple weeks ago, we had raised $17k, but obviously that gets used up pretty quick when you look at his battle.

I was able to get sponsored and run my first ever 5K this past Saturday. I finished 65th out of 1,300 and I can say that any time I wanted to slow my pace or walk I looked down at my shirt or my wrist to see Gabe's name and I ran faster. I was crossing the finish line at the right time to get photographed and my picture published in the paper. That alone has brought in some more attention! There just seems to be not enough things I want to do for Josh and Erina (Gabe's parents). They are so strong right now.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #32
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Do a search for aslcancerresearchfund.org I think it is. Its been a while since I have looked but they were doing research on using a strain of salmonella to treat tumors and if I remember correctly they actually completely elimanated the tumors in some cases. I don't know if this is relevant information to this case or not but that site does have alot of information on it.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #33
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Rooting for Gabe! Get them kiddo!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:55 AM   #34

Well the group and family received some very disheartening news today. After undergoing a CT Scan, it's been shown that his tumors are not reacting to his chemo at all. As a "last resort effort", they are changing his chemo one more time. Major blow to everyone's hopes but we are all still praying hard.

As for any other updates, if anyone reads Marvel comics, Gabe has been featured in the back of many editions throughout the month of June. Make A Wish has come in and is giving Gabe a trip to Disney.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:14 PM   #35
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupster88 View Post
Well the group and family received some very disheartening news today. After undergoing a CT Scan, it's been shown that his tumors are not reacting to his chemo at all. As a "last resort effort", they are changing his chemo one more time. Major blow to everyone's hopes but we are all still praying hard.

As for any other updates, if anyone reads Marvel comics, Gabe has been featured in the back of many editions throughout the month of June. Make A Wish has come in and is giving Gabe a trip to Disney.
Sorry to hear this. this other treatment will work.

Hope they have a BLAST at Disney
Old 09-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #36

Sorry I haven't given y'all an update in a while, but unfortunately this update will not be one I am happy to give:

After 3 different rounds of chemo + radiation, Gabe's tumors are not shrinking or reacting to treatment. He has been sent home with Hospice care to spend the rest of his time here on earth with friends and family. Cannot imagine what his parents or family are going through right now.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #37
lowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shedlowcountrytj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Phillip
lowcountrytj's Tacoma Gallery
I am disheartened to read the latest . I can only pray that he gets better . I truly cannot imagine what he , family , and friends are going through right now. Please know that I am keeping him in my prayers. Praying for Gabe .
Old 09-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #38
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
for Gabe and his family and friends
Old 09-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #39
You can't see me
dand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to beholddand is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
dand's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers sent, am very saddened by the latest update. He looks like a strong young man, hopefully he'll be graced by a miracle. I cannot begin to guess what his family is going through. Pray for all of them .
Old 09-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #40
Sje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSje1124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Sean
Sje1124's Tacoma Gallery
My family will be praying for the best. Hard to read something like this with a 4 yr old of my own.