Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Prayers please for my mom on her way

Old 05-06-2013, 06:58 PM   #41
CINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCINER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cindy
CINER's Tacoma Gallery
Prayers for you and your family.....may your mom rest in peace...
Old 05-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #42
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry for your loss. Wishing your family the best.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #43
lakerfan is on a distinguished road
Name: Doug
lakerfan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so sorry for you're loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #44
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for your loss
Old 05-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #45
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, Bill, sorry to hear that brother, make that celebration of life a good, fun party man. She sounds like she was an awesome human being, people like that are gold. I hope no tears are shed when I pass, I wouldn't want anyone cryin over my ashes. I would much rather have people laughing hysterically telling stories of my nutty exploits, that would suit me better.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #46
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry for you loss Bill I will be keeping you in my prayers
Old 05-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #47
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
So sorry bro
Old 05-06-2014, 07:11 AM   #48
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
-----

It has been a year ago today that I lost my mother. I send this message out to her.

Mom, There are no amount of words, nor combination of words, that could even begin to express what you have meant to me over the years. When I was sick, you always worked to make me smile and feel better. When I was hurt you would make the pain go away. When I cried you would cry with me, then tell me everything would be better....and it always was. Whenever I needed someone to talk to, you would listen, and never judge me. Even if you disagreed with my opinions or thoughts, you always supported me in them. I knew that no matter how dark of a day I was having, you would part the clouds, and let the sun shine down, even if just for a fleeting moment. I will always remember you, and how you made me feel. I miss you Mom. I miss our talks. I miss going fishing with you. I miss a lot of things. But most of all I miss just having you here with us. You are loved, and you are missed. Anyone who met you had their lives touched by a remarkable person. I hope your journey to your spot in heaven was free-spirited, and a pleasure. I love you Mom!

Your son, Bill.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:15 AM   #49
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
-----
Mom, There are no amount of words, nor combination of words, that could even begin to express what you have meant to me over the years. When I was sick, you always worked to make me smile and feel better. When I was hurt you would make the pain go away. When I cried you would cry with me, then tell me everything would be better....and it always was. Whenever I needed someone to talk to, you would listen, and never judge me. Even if you disagreed with my opinions or thoughts, you always supported me in them. I knew that no matter how dark of a day I was having, you would part the clouds, and let the sun shine down, even if just for a fleeting moment. I will always remember you, and how you made me feel. I miss you Mom. I miss our talks. I miss going fishing with you. I miss a lot of things. But most of all I miss just having you here with us. You are loved, and you are missed. Anyone who met you had their lives touched by a remarkable person. I hope your journey to your spot in heaven was free-spirited, and a pleasure. I love you Mom!

Your son, Bill.
^^^^^^^^^
Old 05-08-2014, 02:33 AM   #50
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Its a blessing to have a mom that you love/loved to think about on mother's day.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #51
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Bill, I read your latest posting in this thread yesterday and really didn't have a response I could put into words and I still don't.

All I could think of was being in your position which I know, barring me dying early, is inevitable. In march of 2013 my mother was near death and we were told to say our goodbyes. We did and she had a little wisdom to share with each of us. Her problems were the result of a relatively simple surgery gone wrong. But, we got lucky and contrary to what the doctors told us she pulled through, though not without significant ongoing problems. It was truly the worst day of my life. I feel guilty saying it but, there were times while she was in the hospital that I wondered if dying, as horrible as it would have been, would have been better for her. Though I can tell you it wouldn't have been for me and I can't measure how much it means to me that she survived.

Like I said, even though reading this evokes strong emotions, I really don't have much to add except I'm glad you had the opportunity, as I have also, to enjoy such a fine person in your life.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:28 PM   #52
Vorra65 is on a distinguished road

Vorra65's Tacoma Gallery
Bill, your words moved me. I lost my Mom Christmas Eve 2013 early morning. Christmas will never be the same, as I will always think of my wonderful Mom. She was everything you expressed. Thanks, I write this to share with others-value your parents..............

I thought I would be prepared for the day when my parents were no longer with us. I was so so wrong.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:37 PM   #53
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
I wont lie, I started to tear up when I read the part about your mom squeezing your fingers when you asked her to respond.

That's so cool. I'm sure it felt great knowing she was able to understand what you were saying that last time.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:57 PM   #54
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I stayed away from this a bit because it is always a difficult position for anyone to be in. We all know that in the normal path of life, we will always have to see our parents pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Bill, I read your latest posting in this thread yesterday and really didn't have a response I could put into words and I still don't.

All I could think of was being in your position which I know, barring me dying early, is inevitable. In march of 2013 my mother was near death and we were told to say our goodbyes. We did and she had a little wisdom to share with each of us. Her problems were the result of a relatively simple surgery gone wrong. But, we got lucky and contrary to what the doctors told us she pulled through, though not without significant ongoing problems. It was truly the worst day of my life. I feel guilty saying it but, there were times while she was in the hospital that I wondered if dying, as horrible as it would have been, would have been better for her. Though I can tell you it wouldn't have been for me and I can't measure how much it means to me that she survived.

Like I said, even though reading this evokes strong emotions, I really don't have much to add except I'm glad you had the opportunity, as I have also, to enjoy such a fine person in your life.
Thank you for your kind words Joe. I am glad that your mom won this fight! I do agree with you as when our mother had finally reached the point where she was essentially unresponsive, we had to all ask ourselves, would it just be better for her to move on? Unless someone has been in that position, you just can't fathom how hard we tear at our own selves, hating ourselves when we sit by our parent's bed and instead of praying to God to save our parents and let them live, we pray to God to save our parents, and let them die. I hope your mom pulls through and you have many more years with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorra65 View Post
Bill, your words moved me. I lost my Mom Christmas Eve 2013 early morning. Christmas will never be the same, as I will always think of my wonderful Mom. She was everything you expressed. Thanks, I write this to share with others-value your parents..............

I thought I would be prepared for the day when my parents were no longer with us. I was so so wrong.
We knew within a day or two exactly when we were going to lose our mother, and even then, nothing could prepare us for when it happened. One thing our mother shared with us, that I will share with you. These are not exact words, but essentially what she had told us if she ever passed at a holiday.

"Don't approach the holiday with a heavy heart, and memories of loss. For now is not the time to mourn for my passing, but a time to celebrate the holidays past that we DID have together. Do not cry sad tears because I left, but cry happy tears that I am no longer in pain, and that God has selected a special place in his domain. Holidays are for happy memories, not sad ones."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensecondchevelle View Post
I wont lie, I started to tear up when I read the part about your mom squeezing your fingers when you asked her to respond.

That's so cool. I'm sure it felt great knowing she was able to understand what you were saying that last time.
That time will forever be in my mind. It was sad, but happy. I knew that while I may never have another conversation with her, so much was said in a simple squeeze.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #55
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
My prayers and thoughts for your family Bill. Sorry for your loss.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:06 PM   #56
ASE Master Tech

It's been just over a year now. It's been easier, and harder all at the same time. Thanks tho Murph!
Old 05-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #58
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry bro! My condolences .