1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My daughter has MS... please help

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by PCHearn, May 3, 2013.

1. May 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    PCHearn

PCHearn [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Moore, OK
    Vehicle:
    11 PreRunner SR5
    My daughter has Multiple Sclerosis, or MS. Her name is Kim. She was diagnosed several months ago. She's 42 years old, married, and has one son. My heart breaks every time I think about her, which is just about all the time. TW friends, I'm asking for your help.

Here's a little information about Kim. Fortunately, she is not confined to a wheelchair. At least not yet. Our goal is to keep that from happening. Kim has lesions on her spine, and on her brain. Her auto immune system is being assaulted by this disease. She is now more vulnerable to all germs, even the common cold will be very hard on her. Every day, Kim injects medication into her body that will not kill the disease, but will hopefully slow it down so that she can live her life with less pain, numbness, and fatigue. Every day for the rest of her life, the shots will cause her to endure large welts, redness, and painful injection sites. Every day. Until research finds a way to halt MS, Kim has no choice butto endure the reactions to this harsh medication. So far, the medication has been no help at all. None.

Like I said, I'm asking for your help. First and foremost, your prayers would be appreciated. Prayers work sometimes when nothing else seems to work. Also, each year there is a national Walk to show support for, and to raise funds for, Multiple Sclerosis research. The Walk MS is on different dates in different cities around the country. We're located in the Oklahoma City area, and our Walk is scheduled for Saturday, May 4th. If you are going to be in the Oklahoma City area on May 4th, please join our team. My daughter's team is Kim's Fuzzy Fighters.

TW friends, even if you can't join us on May 4th, please donate. Not to me, not even to Kim. Donate to the National MS Society, in Kim's team name. Even a small amount will help. Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to read this post, because it means you obviously care about Kim and her fight against MS.

I hope to see you (and your Tacomas) on Saturday, May 4th.

How to join the team or donate? Go to this site:
    http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Walk/OKEWalkEvents?team_id=320907&pg=team&fr_id=20777

Then just click on the orange button for Donate to Kim's Fuzzy Fighters or the one for Join Our Team. Then follow the instructions. Thank you SO MUCH for your help.

2. May 3, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    a good friend of mine has MS also

watch the heat when outdoors.

the medication he uses is a depo form and I think he uses it every 2 weeks.....

to counteract the pain at the site, nausea, and some other side effects, he has a rx for medical MJ. hes NOT using it for rec use....he uses it just like cancer patients do for nausea suppressing and appitite stimulation, as well as pain relief.

I wish ur family well...............this disease def effects ur quality of life.

3. May 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    We had a dear friend who had MS. My family supports the local MS organizations. Research is making great strides - keep your hopes up and faith strong. We will keep Kim and your family in our prayers.
    Other members, please support the MS Walk if you can - let's pull together for Kim and others.

4. May 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    Our prayers are with you.

5. May 7, 2013 at 10:53 PM
    Dcpsychobilly

Dcpsychobilly Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Bumpers, skids, lights and more lights, trail gear bumper, sliders, front kings, dakar lift leaf springs rear, corbeau seats
    I wish the best for her, have faith it really does help. Prayers sent

6. May 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    So sorry to hear OP. My parents lost a good friend to MS when I was young, and I have a friend who's mother is reaching her end of life with the disease now. It's a difficult diagnosis for sure. :(

7. May 16, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    sportsterchop200

sportsterchop200 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NE Georgia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Tacoma 4x4
    OME 881, Bilstein 5100 @ 0", OME 10mm JK spacer, Stock rear on 265/70-16
    Im not overly familiar with MS but I am a two time cancer survivor. If her diet allows you may want to look into protein and amino acid supplements. Amino Acid Glutamine is alledged to boost immune function. In my experience supplementation has helped me out. Fell free to PM me if you have any questions, Im not an expert but Ive been doing it for over eight years. Faith is one of the most powerful medications in my opinion, stay strong and one day at time.

8. Jun 16, 2013 at 6:33 PM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    my wife was diagnosed with MS about ten years ago. MS affects everyone differently. Fortunately for her the medication she takes has worked for her. The other positive note is researchers are really close to a cure. Keep a positive attitude.

9. Jun 16, 2013 at 8:28 PM
    Ecip

Ecip Well-Known Member

Member:
    My wife has ms also.

To Top