1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good vibes, Good prayers and Hopeful wishes.

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by ToyComa92, May 10, 2013.

1. Jun 30, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 [OP] Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    Figured id update,

As of thursday i woke up with a really bad stomach ache so i missed my regular clinic appoinment and slept in. Unfortunely that pissed off my Transplant Coordinators so i actually ended up going to the ER around 2-3. Turns out i was dehyrated and that pretty much stopped me up witch was what caused my stomach pain, So they gave me dilaudid and 3 liters of fluid...Bad idea. I was admitted and i went through all my fluid and finally felt a little better... Pain meds shut down due to signs of "Abuse" not sure what differs abuse for large amount of pain but oh well... Anyways i was admitted overnight due to being so dehydated.

Blood was taken that morning and i wasnt dehydrated but even worse, My kidney was failing. Epic. My anti rejection medical i take is checked twice a week and that level was 14.5 on monday and on friday morning it came out a cool 29.8... Great Kidneys failing. So they did an xray and found out there was large amounts of fluid in the sac between my lung and my chest space so that caused pressure which then caused me to have to be go back onto two liters of oxygen... Damn it! after the doctors got together and talked they decided to stick a needle into the left side of my back which was the worst and drain out the fluid. Here is what came out of my left side of my back (HURT LIKE A BITCH NO PAIN MEDS OR SEDATION BTW)

[​IMG]

Each bottle is a liter.

So after that my back and shoulder have been killing me and ive been giving no pain meds due to the abuse thing. I had not even half a beer the other night and it now has been somehow translated into Alcohol Abuse...WHAT THE FUCK. i dont know why but ever since transplant my left shoulder has been SHOT. and i think it must have been from overuse because im left handed.

So they stopped my anti rejection meds and dropped some other ones down for the time being and as of this mornings blood draw my kidneys are back to normal :D Thank god! So they will start up my pills tomorrow morning and judging on if i can get the rest of the fluid out off my lungs by just taking LASIK instead of getting a needle in my back i should be about to go home :D

Only thing is pain... My back and should are KILLING ME and they wont give me ANYTHING so im honestly thinking about getting my MMJ card and seeing a chiropractor... Guess we will see how it goes...

Will update on that on the discharge status soon

Thank you guys!!!

2. Jun 30, 2013 at 10:36 AM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    First off, with all the meds you're on, alcohol would be the last thing you want to drink. People fail to realize that the "no alcohol" clause on medicine bottles is for a reason..I would slap a alcohol abuse label on a patient as well in your case. Not to stigmatize you but for a wakeup call.

And second, why would you ever have a thought cross your mind of getting a mmj card...? Contrary to popular belief, smoking marijuana increases your chance for long cancer, not to mention lowers your lungs ability to exchange oxygen. Plus do you really want to add another chemical into your body? I highly doubt it...

3. Jun 30, 2013 at 12:10 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Agreed.

Your little friend up here in Philly does not have that mmj option at all. She's had TWO transplants and is still intibated as of yesterday's news.

She's managing (as far as the news reports go) well and only can communicate through an app on an iPad.

4. Jun 30, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    First off, in the books i was given for infomation about transplant, it said very moderate beer consumption, six weeks out and in 12 hours before a certain med is taken then there are no interactions for me to worry about. Dont worry, I did my education, Unfortunely certain people played it out as if i was constantly drinking when i had literally four sips of one beer after six weeks.

As for the marijuana it would be Edible, I wouldnt be stupid enough to smoke it there in which would be no new introductions to my body. You guys gotta start giving me more credit seriously!

Sounds like il be going into OR tomorrow for another lung tap to get the fluid out of my right side... Fuck...

5. Jun 30, 2013 at 2:00 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    I think some docs are sadistic. I cannot imagine having that procedure without them giving you something. I didn't reply to your prev post because I thought there was more to your comments than you typed. And being in pain and not having something for it in a predictable, controlled situation is just not right.
    You really need to have an eye to eye with your group and hash out your abuse " red flag ". Good luck tomorrow.

6. Jun 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Im kind of at a loss... I refuse to go against any medical advice i mean i cant leave that would be stupid... I dont have anything to do to treat my pain now... ive asked all i can ask doctor wise... What can i do besides be in pain?!

7. Jun 30, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    mommehK

mommehK Never let your fear decide your fate

Member:
    First Name:
    Kel
    Durango
    Vehicle:
    08 Black PreRunner TRD
    ProComp 2.5" Level Kit, MB TKO 16" wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75/16, Plasti-derp'd grill & back bumper, 13" EuroStyle AntennaX, TRD logo Valve Stem Caps, Debadged, Disable Seatbelt Chime Mod
    You can request to speak to the hospital advocate. Period. Every hospital is supposed to have won! That is a contact person you can speak to if you are not happy with the care that you are being given.

8. Jun 30, 2013 at 3:08 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Yah but am i right to go to such lengths? I mean... the more i do the more i seem like a pain addict but really... Im just in a shit ton of pain!

9. Jun 30, 2013 at 3:55 PM
    mommehK

mommehK Never let your fear decide your fate

Member:
    First Name:
    Kel
    Durango
    Vehicle:
    08 Black PreRunner TRD
    ProComp 2.5" Level Kit, MB TKO 16" wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75/16, Plasti-derp'd grill & back bumper, 13" EuroStyle AntennaX, TRD logo Valve Stem Caps, Debadged, Disable Seatbelt Chime Mod
    It is absolutely your right to receive proper care, and if you're not receiving proper pain management, then there is a definite problem. Explain yourself to the advocate, that you only had a couple sips of beer, and it shouldn't be an issue. Do they think you mowed through your pain meds at home?

10. Jun 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    They think i took them to often, But its how they were taken. I didnt want to take both oxycodone and oxycontin so i just took one but unfortunely i needed more of just one. i didnt even end up using my 120 they wrote on last monday...?

11. Jun 30, 2013 at 4:42 PM
    Nickel

Nickel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Rio Rancho New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 T/X TRD
    does turning tires to black wall out count? How bout added snug top rebel.
    Hey Bud, I'm sure you're in a lot of pain, but you need to learn to deal with it in another way. This is coming from someone with chronic pain, and I was addicted to pain killers for a year. Pain killers are the worst thing, they mask your pain so that you can do the things you want to do, but at the same time you're making things worse because you're not listening to your body. But everyday the pain killers work less and less, and you have to take more and more to achieve the same level of relief, before you know it you're taking three or four times the amount you started taking. This leads to bad things, buying pills on black market, begging docs to give you more, some people even commit robberies at pharmacies because their doctors won't give them more. Plus they get you high, don't you want to enjoy your gift, not just be a pain killer zombie looking for your next painkiller because you're afraid to feel pain?

I'm old enough to be your dad, and I have a son older than you, and if my son was in your predicament, this would be the advise I would give him. GET OFF PAINKILLERS! Listen to your body! If its hurting, that means you need to chill out, not pop a pill. You're always going to be in pain, find a way to deal with it without taking painkillers. You need a plan that does not include relying on pills to get better, because if you rely on pills, you'll never get better, just more addicted, and you'll have to rely on a doctor once a month to give you relief. Nobody is pain free, everybody is in some type of pain, my grandfather had over 100 spots of bone cancer, one dime size hole in his right femur, dozens of smaller holes, bone cancer is supposed to be one of the most painful cancers, my grandpa took ONE aspirin per day, he worked on the ranch for hours everyday until the last month, until he couldn't walk, then he had a real tough month before he died, never took one pain killer.

I've also tried mmj. It doesn't take the pain away at all! All it does is allow your mind to stop thinking about it every second, kind of moving the pain from the primary thing your brain is thinking of, to a secondary type of thing, you still feel the pain, but you don't have to dwell on it. It might help you, but I know you'd have to eat it, it's kind of hard to manage the intensity level when you eat it, I've had friends that had good luck with the lollipops, a couple licks, just enough to take the edge off of the pain. Maybe this would help you, but you need to talk to your doctors about it, not just go try it on your own.

Please don't take this as me being condescending, I'm sure you're in a lot of pain, today I'm sure you're freaking out because you're thinking you've just been doing what the drs have been giving you, but you need to accept the fact that you're going to be in pain no matter what, pain killers won't stop your pain, they'll just mask it until they can't, and then you'll feel like the pain is 100 times worse than it really is, probably like today. When I was hurting, I probably wouldn't have listened, but I've been subscribed to this since your first post, and I know how hard you worked to even get on that list, so I know you can get through this! I'm not telling you to quit cold turkey today, but think about it, I guarantee the pains not as bad as your bodies telling you, it's just used to the high and the masking effects of the pain killers, and you can handle the pain without pain killers, you just have to be tough again like you were before the transplant. I hope you understand that I wouldn't have spent an hour typing this if I didn't care about you, and I only wrote this to try and help you, not to make you feel bad! Like I said before, I'm going to tell you like I would my own son, you've had a hell of a journey to get this far, and you still have a long journey in front of you, please don't rely on painkillers to get you through it!

12. Jun 30, 2013 at 8:08 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    pain meds suck but when they do a procedure that includes inserting a large needle into your back and then making incisions for a tube to be put in so that the fluid can be drained thats putting pressure on your back then i expect some quick pain relief lol

13. Jul 1, 2013 at 5:17 AM
    Nickel

Nickel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Rio Rancho New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 T/X TRD
    You definitely need something for that procedure! I'm talking more in the long term sense, you've been tough enough to get off them before, you can do it again, is what I'm trying to tell you. :)

14. Jul 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Why the fuck do they prescribe me long acting oxtcontin... Why not short acting... Why not something less addicting.

15. Jul 1, 2013 at 6:06 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Got discharged, was given 14 oxycontins to ween myself off of them. Fortunely didnt need to have the procedure. Unfortunely i havent eaten in 5 days and im still not hungry :( idk whats going on.

16. Jul 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Here is the fluid they took out of one side of my lung, my right side has fluid but probably 3/4 of what you see here... Crazy huh?!

[​IMG]

17. Jul 7, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    Nickel

Nickel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Rio Rancho New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 T/X TRD
    How you been man? Hope everything's going good.

Oops, just saw the ban.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  18. Jul 7, 2013 at 2:58 PM

169.254.255.201 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Interwebs
    :confused:

Anyone know why?

19. Jul 7, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    He'll be back in about 10 days

20. Jul 18, 2013 at 9:12 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Ha im back, and TBH my last week has NOT been fun. I came to the ER late thursday night last week complaining of really bad stomach pains and after moaning for almost four hours they couldnt give me anything so they ended up giving me Ativan... Bad Idea. I have alot of problems with that drug which i expressed and was basically told its either this or be in pain... Awesome... So they gave me 25mg IV which is a TON and it put me OUT! i was admitted and actually woke up that night afternoon... I went to my truck where i had Ativan which was prescribed to ME and i took it to get some sleep... I took four MG pill wise and was out, Well i woke up that next afternoon and took yet another 6mg of pill ativan... Only this time it didnt quite give me the desired effect. I blacked out and dont remember any of it past someone taking my keys and being restained my security. . . Fucking HATE that drug so i was put on a 72 hour hold and during that time they placed a chest drain tube in my back because i had alot of fluid on my lungs when i came in... Seven liters of fluid later and hopefully getting it taken out and going home tomorrow... They did a bronch on me and ran a ton of tests and still dont know why my lungs collect so much fluid... i was given blood and lasik today because of how bad i was retaining water and how much my legs were and back were swollen last night.

Anyways... Im so glad that week is past me, And oh to remind you i have been given 0 pain meds in the last week and all along ive had a fucking tube in my back which KILLED the first couple nights. But its over and hopefully home tomorrow. anyways... Its definitely been a crazy fucking week.

To Top