1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good vibes, Good prayers and Hopeful wishes.

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by ToyComa92, May 10, 2013.

1. Jun 6, 2013 at 3:09 AM
    ToyComa92

ToyComa92 [OP] Write your love, Then your anger.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD sport Debadged
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    Okay so everyone, I need your serious Help. I need a letter looked over and read just to make sure it would be acceptable to give to my donor family for my first letter, Please grammar nazis and what not. HELP ME OUT! Hit me up if i can send you the letter over PM and you can give me some pointers. Please no sarcasm, This is a very real thing.

2. Jun 6, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Heated katzskin leather, Black TRD sport wheels, Bilstein 5100s, Toytec 2" Springs, Deaver 2" AAL, Pioneer AVH4400BH, Ultragauge, Weathertechs front/rear,
    Everybody wish me luck! I'm on my way home in 10 mins!!!!

3. Jun 6, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    Tacoyota

Tacoyota senile member

Member:
    North of Cali, South of Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd
    4.56 gears, rear trutrac,DT header, 235/85r16 Duratracs, 2nd filter pulled, inter.wipers, Cruise control, Factory alum. whls/winter tires(2nd set), Afe pro Dry-S , Dumbo eared flaps cut down.
    GRATS.

ps, don't tell them about TW ... just say "...you are active in a thriving community":D

4. Jun 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :yay:

5. Jun 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM
    ToyotaKTMracing

ToyotaKTMracing The Blue Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Shay
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2008 DCSB Ink 4WD Auto
    285 BFG ATs, Custom dual exhaust system, 4" total lift (adjustable billies with 885 coils in front and AALs with 1" block in rear), interior LED lighting, LED reverse lights, LED license plate lights, fog light anytime mod, JVC KW-R500 stereo, 20" okledlightbars.com LED light bar, coverking seat covers
    Hope you're doing well! Update us along the way.

6. Jun 6, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    im home and finally settled down, My dog was overjoyed probably more then i was! He was off the walls. Im so SO happy to be home and healthy.

7. Jun 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM
    mommehK

mommehK Never let your fear decide your fate

Member:
    First Name:
    Kel
    Durango
    Vehicle:
    08 Black PreRunner TRD
    ProComp 2.5" Level Kit, MB TKO 16" wheels, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75/16, Plasti-derp'd grill & back bumper, 13" EuroStyle AntennaX, TRD logo Valve Stem Caps, Debadged, Disable Seatbelt Chime Mod
    YAY for HOME!!!!! :bananadance:

8. Jun 7, 2013 at 3:35 AM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    I am finally home and have gotten all my meds in line, My body is still answering to all these new medications. Last night my feel were on fire and i think my dogs hair has taken a new dislike with my allergies so ive needed to take benedyrl twice already.

In other news... I will man up and admit that when i finally got ro lay down in MY BED with MY PUPPY and take my new found breathes... I cried... I was so happy that i CRIED, I dont care what anyone says, Nobody can express the feeling of finally reaching such a life changing goal without getting a little emotional. Last night was the best night of my life and all it involved was my health, my family and my pup... Truly shows you the meaning of "money doesn't buy happiness" Whoever invented that couldn't be much more right im not anyway close to rich but i can say without a doubt that im more lucky then probably half the population of this earth. Nothing knocks you off a high table better then a complete stranger a whole new LIFE... The most outstanding, Unselfish... Shocking gift that only a select few will every experience. I honestly feel blessed for this gift... Im not trying to be cocky but im trying to covey my overwhelmed emotions and just how GRATEFUL i am.

PS i wrote about a 2000 word letter to the donor family and would love for someone to take 5 minutes and proof read it and make sure im not going to personal or to close. I would appreciate it ALOT! i plan on handing this into my transplant doctor on monday so he may send it to the family.

I just want to say, Thank you. Each and everyone of you, Even OST i needed a kick in the ass to reassert my priorities and to clear my vison and see exactly what an amazing responsibility comes with such an Irreplaceable gift.

THANK ALL OF YOU for the amazing thoughts, Vibes, prayers and everything else you guys contributed.

Also im just going to post the letter, Please let me know your honest business so i can make this letter PERFECT.

9. Jun 7, 2013 at 6:03 AM
    Nickel

Nickel Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Rio Rancho New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2013 T/X TRD
    does turning tires to black wall out count? How bout added snug top rebel.
    Congrats on going home!

10. Jun 7, 2013 at 7:28 AM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man! :)

11. Jun 7, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Totally went back to the hospital for blood draws and an X-ray and to meet up with my doctor to discuss last night so I got EVERYTHING ready meds in advance and all so I get there and all I needed was blood work, the doctor would call me with results later... And to top it all off, the papers I got together this morning, Including the letter to the donor family and I fucking forgot to grab it so i sitting there pissed off that I forgot my papers and I didn't even need the damn things!!! UGH 50 miles for a blood draw?!

12. Jun 7, 2013 at 10:39 AM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    I've always said the best way to proof a paper is to not look at it for a day and come back to it. Read it out loud to your self, you will usually catch 99% of the mistakes and it allows you to change it with your own wording.

13. Jun 8, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    So... Coming up on my three week ani. Since i got my lungs and its been... One hell of a ride. A lot of overwhelming emotions, Arguements, Worry... Fear.... Anxiety... to recap everything in a paragraph i would have to say... even after everything that has happened with seizures and my blood sugars... Id do it all again for the reward ive recieved, After over 20 Needle punctures, four chest tubes, Two breathing tubes, two foley caths, and a billion pills... Its all worth it.

Today i got to drive my truck for the first time in almost three weeks and... Ive never been more relaxed and excited at the same time just to drive to my local grocer... The doctor doesnt want me driving on any major roadways or anything over 5 miles just in case my incisions decide to go awol. But man... That 2 mile drive made me feel like i did when i first bought the tacoma. I actually spent all day detailing and cleaning it so it felt well deserved.

My sugars are still going batshit crazy for some reason (staying around 300-400) Ive maybe been under 200 three times in the last two weeks. Which is NOT GOOD my extremities are starting to get effected, Feeling like my toes and fingers are on fire due to the damage of nerves from so much glucose in my body. But ive been staying on top of all my meds and doing exactly everything right so im pretty motivated to live as long as possible and as happy and... Respectful as possible.

Thank all of you no matter the words, prayers thoughts or vibes, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for your support. The TW world has definitely been a major + in my recovery.

14. Jun 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    Congrats on being home dude

15. Jun 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man, Ya you never know how amazing it is to just sit on your couch and watch TV until you havent for three weeks lol. There are circumstances to being lazy and this is one of them! unfortunely ive been feeling to good to be lazy, I sleep maybe.... 6-8 hours a day and the rest im cleaning or organizing or something lol... Who would have thought feeling good would cause such OCD

16. Jun 8, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    SconnieHailer

SconnieHailer PutterClutch

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road Double Cab V6 6Speed
    Nice update! keep the positive attidute, rootn for ya :)

17. Jun 8, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    Dude I know you feel when I got back from being in the hospital for 11 days I didn't do homework or anything I just played halo 3 and this was back in high school so lol

18. Jun 8, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    I wont lie, I was at times just so ready to call it quits, Some of the jumps id had to make seemed so high. But after pulling through it definitely feels like the storm is passing and im finally bathing in some sunshine and warmth.

Nothing but + outlooks and dedicating my life to respecting the gift i was given... Some of lives miracles really are... Indescribable... Life is a two way road... Sometimes you have to drive into oncoming traffic and face your obstacles to get past the things that are slowing you down.

19. Jun 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    SconnieHailer

SconnieHailer PutterClutch

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    West Central Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road Double Cab V6 6Speed
    Very true. I was delt a BS hand when some guy took me out skiing this year and blew up my left knee and right ankle. Rehab and recovery was and still is not easy but i'm ecstatic that I can walk normalish and do bout everything I used to. Life is amazing when respected!

Godspeed Jon.

20. Jun 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM
    ToyComa92

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Conifer, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Nothing makes you more humble and respectful when something like walking or talking or taking a deep breath is taken from you... Anything earned always feels better in my opinion... I would like to think ive earned this second chance at life.

Sorry to hear about your knee man, I have had pretty bad back pain and sometimes its just... Debiliating and its funny because the last thing you want to hear from your doctor is that you need to move more and do therapy and rehab... But man i cant tell you how much going to rehab for the two months i fought to get lungs helped... Pretty sure if i didn't do any rehab and went though that surgery recovery in life would be a WHOLE lot different.

To Top