Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Wuzzy121 Memorial Train Run 8/2/14 / Phantom Creek

Old 06-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Wuzzy121 Memorial Train Run 8/2/14 / Phantom Creek

Some of you may know (more of the CO guys) that Mike "Wuzzy121" was battling cancer...unfortunately, Mike lost the battle on 6/18/2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzy121 View Post
Hey everybody. I'm not sure how to post on this forum so forgive me. This is Mike's wife. I wanted tell everyone that Mike passed away Wednesday June 18th. I know that one of the last normal things he could do was talk with others about his truck. I don't know when we will do a memorial but I will try to let you guys know. Thank you for giving Mike something to think about instead of fucking cancer. You all gave him a gift.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #2
MichelinMan
teamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shedteamhypoxia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

teamhypoxia's Tacoma Gallery
NYCO put together a neat backroad route for us northerners to get down to the Springs for Mike's memorial run today...

Went through the Hayman burn area...

When we all met up, we found a nice little meadow area for Mike's memorial.

Mike's wife and sister drove Mike's truck

That's an urn with Mike's ashes on the hood of the truck.

BBQ with raffle and auction followed afterwards

Thanks to all who organized and participated. It was great to see everyone coming together to support Mike's wife and family.

RIP Mike

Album
Old 08-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery

RIP Mike, we knew you were there with us when your car alarm went off in the parking lot before everyone left for the run.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #4
"old Brett"
BDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
BDN's Tacoma Gallery

This one didn't quite turn out as well as I had hoped, that's the group through the doorway.

Taco line

Rest In Peace Mike.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #6
Sitka's chauffeur
Husky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USN IM
Name: Kipp
Husky Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
RIP Mike, we knew you were there with us when your car alarm went off in the parking lot before everyone left for the run.
That was his truck? How funny. Something else strange happened when everyone was packing things up to leave after the raffle. Kim, Mike's sister & I saw it happen. Kim screwed the cap back on the Bud Light that she opened for Mike & within a a minute or less the cap flew back off again with no bubbles or foam noticeable.
Old 08-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #7
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #10
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky Driver View Post
That was his truck? How funny. Something else strange happened when everyone was packing things up to leave after the raffle. Kim, Mike's sister & I saw it happen. Kim screwed the cap back on the Bud Light that she opened for Mike & within a a minute or less the cap flew back off again with no bubbles or foam noticeable.

Mike said "excuse me, I'm not done with that!"
Old 08-05-2014, 05:32 AM   #11
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeTaco View Post
Mike said "excuse me, I'm not done with that!"
Nice reply there.

Kim, I wish I could have been there to give you the collections we have taken up in person, as well as met you and perhaps even have had the honor of riding around in Mike's truck. I still have not forgotten that I will be making the Stage 1 Kit he wanted for his truck. It is yours. Right now we have a nice little collection for you. I don't know if Sean has told you the total yet, and if not, I would like it to be a surprise!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:25 PM   #12
wuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwuzzy121 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
wuzzy121's Tacoma Gallery
Hey again. I wanted to pop in and say thank you all so much for everything. Jackie and I had so much fun. I understand now why Wuzzy loved wheeling. I didn't know what I was missing.

Mike did knock the lid back off his beer just as we were leaving. Just like him to let a beer go flat... He would order a beer and take a few drinks, and set it down and forget it. He always got caught up in some conversation.

So I just washed the tacoma today, first time since Mike died. Does any one else get teary-eyed when they watch the dirt wash away from their trucks? No more mud now. I should do something to get it dirty again. What do you all think?
Old 08-11-2014, 08:31 PM   #13
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Are you saying you wish to 4 wheel more because that can be arranged I'm sure! I know there were some people in our event thread looking for a trail run on a mild trail again.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #14
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey again. I wanted to pop in and say thank you all so much for everything. Jackie and I had so much fun. I understand now why Wuzzy loved wheeling. I didn't know what I was missing.

Mike did knock the lid back off his beer just as we were leaving. Just like him to let a beer go flat... He would order a beer and take a few drinks, and set it down and forget it. He always got caught up in some conversation.

So I just washed the tacoma today, first time since Mike died. Does any one else get teary-eyed when they watch the dirt wash away from their trucks? No more mud now. I should do something to get it dirty again. What do you all think?
Courtney would love to go wheeling with you guys again! It was her first time and she said she'd love to drive another trail.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:40 PM   #15
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Good idea! Especially since I got screwed out of the memorial meet. Bad luck really but whatever. Let us know what/when and we will make some plans.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #16
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you saying you wish to 4 wheel more because that can be arranged I'm sure! I know there were some people in our event thread looking for a trail run on a mild trail again.

Definitely this!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:50 PM   #17
Sitka's chauffeur
Husky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedHusky Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: USN IM
Name: Kipp
Husky Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

Quote:
x3
Old 08-12-2014, 05:32 AM   #18
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Sean, can you do me a favor and ask Kim to message me or text? Thanks.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:38 PM   #19
Wolfhunter910 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: Officer
Name: Dusty
Wolfhunter910's Tacoma Gallery
Very touching when I read this and looked through the pics. Don't even know how I found this thread, I was cruising the forum and accidentally clicked on it somehow but glad I did really made my afternoon.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #20
MPG? LOL

sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
Hey Sean, can you do me a favor and ask Kim to message me or text? Thanks.

I sent her a text

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfhunter910 View Post
Very touching when I read this and looked through the pics. Don't even know how I found this thread, I was cursing the forum and accidentally clicked on it somehow but glad I did really made my afternoon.

Thanks for stopping by, brother...TW is like a small brotherhood in itself.