1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just got out of the psychiatric ward ICU

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by e.deCastro, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Oct 1, 2014 at 2:03 PM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
    Glad you are doing better. Suicide isn't worth it. I've been there before and know people that took their lives, and it's rough for everyone involved. If you ever need to talk, shoot me a message. I'm here for ya.

2. Oct 1, 2014 at 2:22 PM
    Pitthunter

Pitthunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2014 V6 SR5 DC/LB 4X4
    Glad you're here with us-let us know if you need anything. Remember-you have the greatest gift a man can have. A son.

3. Oct 1, 2014 at 2:24 PM
    thewarriordinghy

thewarriordinghy General Lee's Titan

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Nissan Titan 4x4
    Temporarily Stock
    this may just be me, but when I get stressed, I like to take my truck somewhere secluded, and floor it.... maybe this can help you continue to feel better in the future, and I hope it helps man.

4. Oct 1, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    TacomaRobert

TacomaRobert Well-Known Member

Member:
    I don't have experience with this. Yet this thread brought tears to my eyes. Because of the op's pain and because of the kind replies. Wish I could snap my fingers and make the pain go away. Hang in there brother.

5. Oct 1, 2014 at 3:38 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    :facepalm:

6. Oct 1, 2014 at 3:46 PM
    Explor

Explor Don’t take the trip ... let the trip take you

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Northampton County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    FUN
    TRD valve stem caps , A Chimney & Back up camera. , Cooper STMaxx 255/80/17, SCS Dark Bronze wheels, , bed matt, weathertech floor liners and bug deflector , flyzeyez dash and glove box light , Best Top supertop, Brute Force Sliders , Bumpers ,KC back up lights, vent shades, tinting, superwinch 9.5 , Factor 55 winch thimble , KC ditch lights , BAMF IFS skid plates , Tepui Ruggedized RTT , Awning , Bed light kit , Hood Struts , Camburg UCAs ,Bud built gas skid , all pro differential skid , cbi jerry can holder , 15lb CO2 Tank , URD short shift , Defined engineering shackle bolt crossmember, Clazzio seat covers , 4:56 Nitro gears , ARB rear locker, CMKA12 compressor. Super Bump Stops, Bushwacker Flares , CBI bed rack , king resi front 700# , OME Dakar, Bilstein 6100's 10" light bar diode dynamics , AV monster fogs , TC bed reinforcement brackets , TC spindle gussets w swaybar Yeasue Ham , cb
    Be True To Thy Self , One Day At A Time

Bad things come and go , Good things come and go , Stick around and smooth it all out , One Day a at A Time .... I'm glad I did 31 years ago .
    Life Is Good

So Happy for You doing the right thing !!

7. Oct 1, 2014 at 3:51 PM
    thewarriordinghy

thewarriordinghy General Lee's Titan

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Nissan Titan 4x4
    Temporarily Stock
    psalms 118:24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
    remembering this also helps keep me from being down.

8. Oct 1, 2014 at 3:51 PM
    Maximus

Maximus Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Bay
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Icon Suspension with CDCV, SPC Light Racing UCAs, Wheeler's 3 Leaf AAL, Wheeler's Superbumps, sPod SE BAMF Sliders, All-Pro Skids, AFE Drop in filter, Magnaflow Exhaust, RCI Aluminum LCA Skids, BAMF Bed Brackets, 4X Innovations Rear Bumper, FX-R Retrofit Headlights with Philips 4300k, Custom Nestah Edition Firestik AM/FM Antenna, Famous Fab Hood brackets, FrontRunner SlimLine 2 Roof Rack, Mob Town Offroad tailgate reinforcement plate, Ram A pillar mount, Anti-Dark hood lights, Lots of LED lights,
    I'm so glad to hear that you took the man route and sought help. Your family needs you more than you'll ever know :)

9. Oct 2, 2014 at 6:29 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA

Similar to that, I love the smell of burning gunpowder. Just one of those comfort smells that has always been associated with fun/recreation time my whole life. It seems to relax away the problems. And before anyone gets the wrong idea, I am talking about legal target shooting or hunting as a hobby, done at a controlled and safe gun range.

10. Oct 2, 2014 at 6:23 PM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    I know what you are saying, but actually not good advice for someone with suicidal thoughts. (The reason why I don't keep any guns in my house. Easy access can go bad real quick in a weak moment)

11. Oct 2, 2014 at 6:31 PM
    CelsisTaco

CelsisTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Des Monies, IA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB
    2 inch lift. LED fog lights (Cali fab) Alpine head unit. Kicker door speakers. Skar subwoofer.

Awesome man, so proud of you. If you ever need anything, PM me and we can talk bro!

12. Oct 2, 2014 at 6:45 PM
    Justus

Justus fucks not given

Member:
    First Name:
    Nabisco the kid
    In ur toolbox
    Vehicle:
    not so low, not so slow 2006 6 lug
    stockish
    U can PM me anytime..... As well as anyone else here when in need.

Just last year I did my best and was found pretty much dead and spent a few days in a coma, then held against my will for a few days in county and lost my guns. Hence the name of my build thread is the 5150 build.

I also WORK in the field, so I'm no stranger.

Please pm me if needed.

13. Oct 2, 2014 at 6:56 PM
    jackhart

jackhart Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB
    OP, I am glad you didn't go through with it! I am happy for you, and maybe even more for your family. I think this issue hit home for many people reading about Robin Williams recently. Depression and suicide know no boundaries. I hope your story is an inspiration to someone else maybe contemplating taking their life, and perhaps encourages them to get help too.

Thank you for having the courage to get help. I am also touched by the honesty and compassion shown by fellow TW members. Peace to you my friends.

14. Oct 7, 2014 at 4:47 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    Sorry, did not mean that as specific advice to anyone. Just sharing another general example of how some hobby could provide much needed relaxation and diversion to some people.

15. Oct 7, 2014 at 5:01 AM
    Boerseun

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    No problem ^^^. :)

16. Oct 7, 2014 at 8:40 AM
    e.deCastro

e.deCastro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    '01 S-Runner original owner
    Exterior TRD 5 Piece body kit Grillecraft grill DDM Tuning HID retrofit Custom etched Lexus HID Projectors Custom two-tone pin stripe by Jprints Chrome Rocker panels Wheels/ brakes 99 Lexus RX300 OEM wheels converted to 3 piece by ChamorroBoy86 Cadillac ATS Brembo 4 piston calipers Cadillac CTS-V Ceramic Brake pads Mitsubishi EVO IV 12.6” rotors provided by BR Autoworks modified by ChamorroBoy86 Subaru WRX STI Stoptech Stainless Steel brake lines Suspension Custom FBSS air suspension Accu-Rate manifold Dual 444c Viair compressors Accuair Chrome tank Custom Polished Hardlines Streetacos weld on c-notch Custom front shock mounts Custom airbag brackets Streetacos ball joint flip kit Engine TRD supercharger URD 2.2” Supercharger Pulley 312cc NA 2JZ Supra fuel injectors JBA Ti Ceramic Headers Spectre Carb Legal CAI LCE Pro Clutch LCE lightened flywheel 16” electric fan HPS silicone radiator hoses Yellow Top Optima battery Custom Battery tie down Universal oil catch can Denso 105 amp alternator AEM 320 LPH Fuel Pump Interior 02 Lexus SC430 trispoke woodgrain Steering wheel Japanese Rose Wood dash kit Authentic JDM Tsurikawa Nishijin Sakura Gold Black (heart version) Authentic JDM Suichuuka shift knob Authentic Junction Produce Fusa Authentic Junction Produce seat cushion Authentic Influenced VIP satin Pillow set Broadway mirror Custom Aloha print door jamb decals from BigHeadzdesigns LCE Short shift kit Electronics Soundstream VRCP-65 Double Din Multimedia entertainment center Alpine MRV-F545 4-channel amplifier Alpine MRD-M1005 monoblock amplifier NVX VCW124 12” Subwoofer MB Quart DSH216 6.5” 2-way component speakers Black Vue 650S Front and Rear Dash Camera AEM boost gauge AEM Uego wideband O2 controller URD Mass Air Flow Fuel and Timing calibrator
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. I'm doing much better now and have a new outlook on life and love being alive. Seriously I appreciate all your posts. I read them all and it warms my heart that so many of you care. thank all of you.

Eric

17. Oct 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM
    Boerseun

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Glad you are doing better Eric! Remember that you have lots of friends here who really care, even if we are miles apart and will most probably never meet in person.
    Enjoy life one day at a time!

18. Oct 7, 2014 at 9:10 AM
    Guerrilla

Guerrilla L(.)(.)K@G(.)(.)Dz

Member:
    First Name:
    D. Cooley
    Coast to Coast
    Vehicle:
    El' Black 13 DCSB 4x4
    Stuff
    Glad to hear you're better. Depression and anxiety is no joke. I'm glad you made the right decision, it also takes a man to publicly say what you have, due to the stigmatism's and criticism's. Good luck to you and stay strong.

19. Oct 8, 2014 at 9:53 PM
    TRDMEDIC

TRDMEDIC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    14 DC OFFROAD
    That's good new man. Stay strong and may your future stay bright.

20. Nov 16, 2014 at 6:54 PM
    emelianenkov

emelianenkov Santa/Alex Emeliahoweveryouspellhislastname

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    NORTH POLE
    Vehicle:
    Alex's Shitbox Emporium
    NE Special Rust Edition
    My ex-fiancee was bipolar and had many episodes of self harm and deep depression. It was tough but she finally got help because she realized that she needed it, and from what I can tell, she is much better off, but I've stayed out of contact.. it just hurts too much. Love never dies.

My father tried to end things once. I didn't know it at the time, but when I found out years later, it kind of just broadsided me. I could tell he was unhappy with my mom (I was about 9 or 10, kids are good at noticing unspoken energies like that) but I was always taught by my family that taking your own life is the most selfish and cowardly thing you could ever do. As they say, it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Stay strong. Live for your family and enjoy the unfathomable love they ALL have for you. Life can be VERY tough, but everyone was placed on this earth for a purpose. You have a beautiful little boy, and a wife and family who love you very much. I wouldn't trade that for the world, Eric. Cherish that. They will always be there for you, for better or for worse.

It might not apply for your situation, but I would suggest looking into a support group or a partial program (again, if it applies and if your schedule allows). The partial program helped my ex so much. She was able to talk with a group of people in a comfortable environment which does a lot more than you would think. You can learn alternative coping mechanisms or activities to get your mind off things.

Don't forget that we are here as a community too. We are all brothers and sisters. There's no absence of support from what I've seen in the last few years I've been on here.

God bless you, Eric. Be strong and enjoy your life. Every. Single. Day is worth living!

To Top