1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just got out of the psychiatric ward ICU

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by e.deCastro, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Sep 30, 2014 at 8:11 AM
    e.deCastro

e.deCastro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    '01 S-Runner original owner
    Exterior TRD 5 Piece body kit Grillecraft grill DDM Tuning HID retrofit Custom etched Lexus HID Projectors Custom two-tone pin stripe by Jprints Chrome Rocker panels Wheels/ brakes 99 Lexus RX300 OEM wheels converted to 3 piece by ChamorroBoy86 Cadillac ATS Brembo 4 piston calipers Cadillac CTS-V Ceramic Brake pads Mitsubishi EVO IV 12.6” rotors provided by BR Autoworks modified by ChamorroBoy86 Subaru WRX STI Stoptech Stainless Steel brake lines Suspension Custom FBSS air suspension Accu-Rate manifold Dual 444c Viair compressors Accuair Chrome tank Custom Polished Hardlines Streetacos weld on c-notch Custom front shock mounts Custom airbag brackets Streetacos ball joint flip kit Engine TRD supercharger URD 2.2” Supercharger Pulley 312cc NA 2JZ Supra fuel injectors JBA Ti Ceramic Headers Spectre Carb Legal CAI LCE Pro Clutch LCE lightened flywheel 16” electric fan HPS silicone radiator hoses Yellow Top Optima battery Custom Battery tie down Universal oil catch can Denso 105 amp alternator AEM 320 LPH Fuel Pump Interior 02 Lexus SC430 trispoke woodgrain Steering wheel Japanese Rose Wood dash kit Authentic JDM Tsurikawa Nishijin Sakura Gold Black (heart version) Authentic JDM Suichuuka shift knob Authentic Junction Produce Fusa Authentic Junction Produce seat cushion Authentic Influenced VIP satin Pillow set Broadway mirror Custom Aloha print door jamb decals from BigHeadzdesigns LCE Short shift kit Electronics Soundstream VRCP-65 Double Din Multimedia entertainment center Alpine MRV-F545 4-channel amplifier Alpine MRD-M1005 monoblock amplifier NVX VCW124 12” Subwoofer MB Quart DSH216 6.5” 2-way component speakers Black Vue 650S Front and Rear Dash Camera AEM boost gauge AEM Uego wideband O2 controller URD Mass Air Flow Fuel and Timing calibrator
    I suffer from depression and anxiety. it affects me pretty bad somedays. I recently had family problems and wanted to commit suicide. I went as far as writing suicide notes for my parents, wife and 3 year old son. I called the suicide crisis hotline. I was at the point where I couldn't take living anymore. but I was in the right mind to head to the ER and tell them I was feeling suicidal. they admitted me and transported me to the psychiatric ward ICU (the funny farm) I'm also a cutter and cut my arm up pretty good again.

I deleted my facebook and intsagram so I have no real contact through social media. These days I have no friends anymore. I see them maybe once every two months. so I have my family. I want to spend more time with them but I work full time and wish I could just quit and hang out with my wife and son more

anyway, that is my story. I'm better now, my life seems a lot more brighter now. I'm thankful to be alive and breathing. so if anyone is suffering out there please get help. life is precious and shouldn't be taken for granted. thank you for listening.

Eric

2. Sep 30, 2014 at 8:20 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    Glad to hear you are doing better, and thanks for sending out the words of encouragement to other sufferers. There is hope out there, as long as you keep trying. Stick with it, and continue to help others when you can. :thumbsup:

3. Sep 30, 2014 at 8:28 AM
    FATPUBUS

FATPUBUS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Moulton, Texas
    Vehicle:
    13 Tx Edition
    I feel ya dude! ive been there n done that! 41 years old...it gets better but itll get bad first. At least you were bein proactive in goin to the er. Best of luck!

4. Sep 30, 2014 at 8:33 AM
    T Fades

T Fades Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    Stay strong brutha! Nothing like some TW support.

5. Sep 30, 2014 at 8:33 AM
    SoutheastTaco

SoutheastTaco Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    steven
    columbia sc
    Vehicle:
    09 trd sport dc 4x4
    rear spring tsb, 255/75/17 bfg muds
    Think about all the positive things you have to live for. Also, you have a little boy. He's going to need his daddy around. I hope and pray you will get through this and see exactly how many people need you and depend on you on a daily basis. Your son needs you, who is going to teach him to drive? Who is going to throw a baseball with him? Who is going to have the "talk" with him? Who is going to tear his ass apart when you catch him smoking out back one day? Who is going to teach him how to fix things? Who is going to teach him to love and respect his mommy like she is the only woman on earth? Nobody is going to do any of the above like daddy will.. You sir are needed. He needs you, your wife needs you, everyone around you needs you. If you ever just feel like venting pm me I'll give you my number, I'll listen.

6. Sep 30, 2014 at 9:05 AM
    tomwil

tomwil Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast USA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Reg Cab 4x4
    I hope that someone on TW near you could be a friend and help you with your project.

7. Sep 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    Very close to the heart subject for me. You are to be congratulated that you came to the realization and sought help before it was too late. That is a lesson to many of us. In most cases the person hurting sends out lots of signals and signs they have lost hope and approaching the crisis point. Even if they don't intend too. It would behoove all of us to play close attention to our friends, families and co-workers. Everyone should do a google search on crisis prevention and you will learn some of the common signs to watch for. They require us to attend an annual refresher briefing on it where I work.

Then take the initiative and push, pull, drag the friend to someone that can help, whether they go along with it or not. Let the professional determine if it is real or not.

8. Sep 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM
    Engine33

Engine33 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2014 Silver Sky
    Eric,
    I'm glad you got the help and are man enough to face it. I'm a Medical Examiner (coincidently in San Diego) and I unfortunately see the aftermath of this on a daily basis. The toughest part is explaining the actions taken to the surviving friends and family. This is especially true to young children. Simply saying "I'll always love you" in a note won't really help them later on as they faced challenges in life that only you can help them with. Does that make sense? Let's just say that I'm glad I did not meet you and or your family this time. PM me if you wanna talk.

9. Sep 30, 2014 at 9:42 AM
    e.deCastro

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Exterior TRD 5 Piece body kit Grillecraft grill DDM Tuning HID retrofit Custom etched Lexus HID Projectors Custom two-tone pin stripe by Jprints Chrome Rocker panels Wheels/ brakes 99 Lexus RX300 OEM wheels converted to 3 piece by ChamorroBoy86 Cadillac ATS Brembo 4 piston calipers Cadillac CTS-V Ceramic Brake pads Mitsubishi EVO IV 12.6” rotors provided by BR Autoworks modified by ChamorroBoy86 Subaru WRX STI Stoptech Stainless Steel brake lines Suspension Custom FBSS air suspension Accu-Rate manifold Dual 444c Viair compressors Accuair Chrome tank Custom Polished Hardlines Streetacos weld on c-notch Custom front shock mounts Custom airbag brackets Streetacos ball joint flip kit Engine TRD supercharger URD 2.2” Supercharger Pulley 312cc NA 2JZ Supra fuel injectors JBA Ti Ceramic Headers Spectre Carb Legal CAI LCE Pro Clutch LCE lightened flywheel 16” electric fan HPS silicone radiator hoses Yellow Top Optima battery Custom Battery tie down Universal oil catch can Denso 105 amp alternator AEM 320 LPH Fuel Pump Interior 02 Lexus SC430 trispoke woodgrain Steering wheel Japanese Rose Wood dash kit Authentic JDM Tsurikawa Nishijin Sakura Gold Black (heart version) Authentic JDM Suichuuka shift knob Authentic Junction Produce Fusa Authentic Junction Produce seat cushion Authentic Influenced VIP satin Pillow set Broadway mirror Custom Aloha print door jamb decals from BigHeadzdesigns LCE Short shift kit Electronics Soundstream VRCP-65 Double Din Multimedia entertainment center Alpine MRV-F545 4-channel amplifier Alpine MRD-M1005 monoblock amplifier NVX VCW124 12” Subwoofer MB Quart DSH216 6.5” 2-way component speakers Black Vue 650S Front and Rear Dash Camera AEM boost gauge AEM Uego wideband O2 controller URD Mass Air Flow Fuel and Timing calibrator
    thank you so much. I'm glad you didn't get to see me either. yes leaving a note isn't enough to raise children. I never once thought about the feelings of others now I know I can never take my own life. My family needs me as much as I need them.

10. Sep 30, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    Engine33

Engine33 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2014 Silver Sky
    You're welcome, now go drive that kickass truck of yours with the windows down, music blaring and enjoy your life!!!!

11. Sep 30, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    Marine.Doc

Marine.Doc Well-Known Member

Member:
    central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5 Prerunner V6
    I am no therapist by any means but my best advice is to find friends who will encourage and support you. Get involved with a support group and whenever you are around anyone who attempts to make fun or try to humiliate you, do away with them. They are not your friends.

12. Sep 30, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    Jeffvt0508

Jeffvt0508 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Anderson, SC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB 4x4 trd offroad
    Ome 887s, dakars, lr uca,sliders, konig countersteer,
    I have suffered from anxiety my whole life..when I was in elementary school was first time I wanted to commit suicide. I didn't want my anxiety to become an inconvenience to the ones I loved..felt like the most reasonable thing to do. I have such bad anxiety that I don't have friends except for the brotherhood of Tacomaworld. So bad that becoming social anxiety to point of cant eat in public. I know its hard brother but you have to find what makes you happy and most comfortable..all other things including relationships will work them self out..I lost my wife and little girl all to my anxiety..she left said I was mental and didn't want our child to turn out like me..it hurts brother ..I know all too well. Get your mind off everything and take a mental vacation..even if you have to go fishing daily..or wash your truck..I promise everything will work out..best therapist there is, is yourself...only you can make yourself happy and calm yourself down..praying for you..hang in there..talk and walk it out with God. Have a journal..write down your day..plan everything out so there is no anxiety. You got this brother i believe in you

13. Sep 30, 2014 at 11:23 AM
    e.deCastro

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    sorry about your family. I am blessed my wife sticks it out with me. I am very thankful to be alive. I know it will get bad again someday but must stay strong for my family. Thank you for sharing.

14. Sep 30, 2014 at 11:23 AM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    Man you may think you don't have friends but hey on TW you are family man.

15. Sep 30, 2014 at 11:23 AM
    loosnut

loosnut Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jerry
    feasterville pa
    Vehicle:
    06 dbl cab long bed
    ome 2.5lift leer cap
    Keep fighting it takes time

16. Sep 30, 2014 at 11:27 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Keeping reaching out!
    Good peeps here with help lift you up.

17. Sep 30, 2014 at 11:37 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    Hang in there.

18. Sep 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM
    slcsez2000

slcsez2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    St Aug, FL
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport 4x4
    Exterior: -Current Suspension- Icon extended travel front struts w/ 700lb coils Icon extended travel Remote Resi rear shocks Dakar leaf pack Icon Tubular UCAs with covers Icon neoprene shock covers -OEM Roof Rack -2 fold down cup holders in bed -Bed bottle opener -Access lite rider roll up tonneau cover -AFE Prodry air filter -Pop and lock bed lock -Rear differential breather relocation mod (behind tail light) -Aeroturbine 2525XL Muffler Armor: -SOS Concepts bolt on sliders W/ kick out -SOS Concepts aluminum front bumper with full hoops -SOS Concepts Rear HC Bumper -SOS Concepts IFS/Mid skids
    I dated a girl in high school and we were together for 6 years (until several years of college) Memorial day after she graduated from high school her mother hung herself in her parents bedroom. The most tramadic experience I have ever had, I was 2 years younger than her but it changed her life FOREVER. She was already accepted in college and was well on her way but this just changed everything. Needless to say she never could pick herself up and get to college or move on from this and it has ruined her life and relationships for years. She would often resort to saying she should kill herself years later when we would have dissagreements and long story short after about 2-3 years of that I couldn't take it anymore and had to more on. I often wonder what she has done with her life now but her mom doing such a selfish act and having 4 kids left behind always angered me beyond belief.

On another note my wife's father shot himself a year before we met. We were already together for awhile and pretty serious until I found this out and I can see it really hurts those around you forever as they go on through life not having that person around. When we got married it broke my heart that she had no one to walk her down the asle and when me and my mother had our dance she had no father to dance with.

I pray you will never resort to this action. I send many prayers for you and your family man and hope you always lean on God to help you through.

19. Sep 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport 4x4
    Upgraded 2002 Tacoma to 2018 Tundra
    This^^^

Eric,
    I am so glad that you made the right decisions at the worse time in your life. I am from a family that has seen too many suicides, my dad and uncle included. It did not resolve any problems for the people left behind, on the contrary, made it very difficult. At first I was mad at my dad for doing it, but then later I started understanding what he was going through, and realize that it must have been the most lonely shittiest time in his life. He needed help and support that was not there for him at the time.
    I am 43 now and I sometimes feel down and think about just ending it, but realize through my experience that it is not the way to go. I too have children to raise. It keeps me going. I try to focus on the good in life. It is not easy, as you know, so I don't have to preach to you about that.
    I am just glad that you made the right decisions, and hope that you keep doing that. Also, glad that you shared here on TW. This is truely a family (something that my wife does not understand :) ) You sharing here has the potential of touching so many lives, maybe even saving some. You will never know for sure, but believe that you can touch lives every day and support others who are going through the same struggles.
    Enjoy your family, and raise that boy well!
    Thanks for sharing bud!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  20. Sep 30, 2014 at 11:50 AM
    Flowin

Flowin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Acworth, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD OFF ROAD
    OME 3" lift, 265/75/16 KO2s, 35% tint
    I feel for you, my wife has depressions and refused help, that finally led to me and her going through a divorce right now :(
    I also noticed that she can't think straight at all...alot of her actions and thought process makes no sense and she doesn't think a minute about the feeling of others. I fought a long time and offered any support I can, but there's only so much I can do. She thinks living by herself will make her happy...I truly think it will make it alot worse. Me and her mother tried all we could but she refuses any help especially professional help! It started to drag me down and I won't let this happen.

Keep focusing on the positive, end your day with 3 postive things that you did/observed today - that helped me a lot. Enjoy every day.

Luckily we have no kids, but it still makes me sad to see her go down that path :(

To Top