1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Critically sick wife - need help.

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by neverstuck, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Feb 4, 2015 at 10:57 AM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 old man

Member:
    bump for a good cause

2. Feb 4, 2015 at 5:16 PM
    neverstuck

neverstuck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support.

scottalot likes this.
  3. Feb 4, 2015 at 5:17 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    any word back from Go Public ?

scottalot likes this.
  4. Feb 4, 2015 at 5:21 PM
    Fightnfire

Fightnfire Recklessly tired

Member:
    Marysville, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 (Prev 09 Access Cab V6 4X4)
    Starting over with a new GMC AT4 Satin Steel Metallic Softopper, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75 in the front, TSB Rear, 17x8.5 Lvl 8 Guardians, 265/70-17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, Scooped, Anytime fog mod, Osram Nightbreakers, LED Interior lights, Debadged, Painted valance, Removed rear head rests, De-flapped, Hidden Hitch installed, Weather Techs, Flyzeye'd A/W/A, Cover Kings.
    Ugh, sorry to hear man.. .

scottalot likes this.
  5. Feb 4, 2015 at 5:24 PM
    neverstuck

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    slide-in camper, OME Nitros w 884's and Dakars, Michelin A/T2, Pro EFX heated towing mirrors, Timbren HD bumpstops, KB VooDoo bed rails and tailgate cap, ImMrYo rvm bracket, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors, Ultragauge, window visors, hood deflector, Wet Okole seatcovers, in-vehicle safe.
    Just the automated response. Nothing else yet. There's no way that I will be able to get out of country medical costs covered so fundraising is really the only thing that will help right now. The political stuff will make it easier for people with lyme 5 years from now and is important but we can't hold our breath waiting for that change.

This fundraising site has spread really well on social media with 464 people sharing it on their site or through email so far (and 72 contributors).

6. Feb 4, 2015 at 5:27 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

I understand what you're saying , I was thinking though that if they did pick up your story they usually provide a link to where people can donate or help out in these types of situations and that exposure may help your fundraising efforts

7. Feb 4, 2015 at 5:34 PM
    neverstuck

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB sport
    Absolutely. Any exposure can't hurt at this point.

8. Aug 22, 2017 at 9:04 AM
    Toyko Joe

Toyko Joe Here for the pictures

Member:
    How's she doing? :pray:

I was out camping with my wife this weekend and we were diligent about applying and re-applying bug spray and I sill got bit by a tick, but found it within minutes of attachment.
    :annoyed:

9. May 7, 2020 at 4:00 PM
    HighCountryTacoma

HighCountryTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB TRD Off Road Quicksand
    Hey Matt, first I'd like to say sorry about your wife's medical condition. This thread is a few years old so I hope things took a turn for the better both physically and financially for the two of you. Did you ever find a successful treatment, doctor or treatment center for your wife's lyme disease? My ex girlfriend has been diagnosed with Neurological Lyme Disease as well as a host of other things. As far as I can tell it is ruining her life. I'm fairly distraught over this and she has been devastated. If you or anyone reading this has any insight please let me know. Thanks

Also, sorry if I dragged something up from the past that you no longer wish to speak on.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    specter208 likes this.
To Top