1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Her words

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by longbow, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Jul 31, 2009 at 8:58 PM
    longbow

longbow [OP] I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I wanted to share this with you all, this is a letter my wife sent via an e-mail to some of her friends she went to school with. Her last round with cancer is not on here.
    My sister in-law will be reading this tomorrow at her service. I know if you all could you would be here for it, but distance and time will not allow this to happen.
    I spoke to Ben, Dave and Charli about this, it is sad that WE all come together in fellowship when someone is hurting, but yet at times we pass a person on the street and we don't give a second look. I would love so much to put a persons face to the words that have been written here on T.W.
    I personally have decided that in any of my travels I am going to post here first. I want to meet you all.
    I have been blessed to have seen a handful of you in person, you have all touched my life and even the lives of my family. All of you have made an impact in my healing, your prayers, calls, text messages and lifting my family an I to the Lord is truely felt.
    When I am hurting I seek the Lords face more than ever now, and I recall all the wonderful things that you all have done for us.
    Next Saturday Aug 8th (early am) I am traveling to Bristol Tenn, Michele's service will be on Sunday the 9th at her old church she grew up at . I must leave after the service to get my girls back in time for the start of school. If any of you are in the area, I and my family would love to see you and say thanks for everything. You can get my cell number off Ben, and if time permits I will let him know all the information needed, if the Lord is putting it on your heart to come.
    I am going to try hard to get on here in the next few weeks, the days and evenings are line up tighter than cord wood. And if I do it will be in the early hours of the morning.
    I do ask that you all continue to pray for my girls, ask the Lord to wrap his arms around them, and give them a peace when they start hurting. As adults we hurt, and we show it in different ways, but for children they hide so much. I would love the Lord to touch them in a way, that when they hurt, he fills them with nothing but joy.
    I have gone on long enough, below is the letter Michele wrote, these are her words. I hope that everyone of you can use them to heal some part of your life, or part of someone elses life.

............................................................................................................................

Hello,

First, I need to apologize for not responding sooner to many of you. You have been so wonderful to me and my family the last several months. I have truly appreciated the e-mails, prayers, and thoughts as I’ve been experiencing my journey through breast cancer. It’s been a crazy ride, and I’ve not done a great job of staying in touch with many of you. So, I’m going to try to catch everyone up at once in this e-mail.

As you know, it’s been a year and a half since my original diagnosis in November 2007. Then, I had the reoccurrence diagnosed in December 2008 during my 6 month check-up. Now, I’m pleased to report that I’m currently done with treatments, and I am now counting the days of being “cancer-free” once again.

The journey has been interesting to say the least. I recently flipped through a book that another breast cancer survivor had written to document her journey. In it, she recounted the surgeries, chemo, needle sticks, and radiation treatments she had. It was rather interesting, and got me to thinking about my own journey. It looks something like this: 9 surgeries in 12 months, 10 chemo treatments in 4 months, 36 radiation treatments in 7 weeks, and 1 year with NO HAIR! I can’t even begin to count the number of needle sticks or blood draws! Of course, it’s now easier to look back and appreciate it, although at the time I wondered how I’d ever get through. And, yes, I now have hair once again – it’s even curly!!

Although it’s been challenging, I can honestly say it has also been one of the most amazing, and humbling, blessings I have experienced in my life. God has entrusted me with such a special experience and opportunity. The grace and mercy my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, has shown me throughout is absolutely awesome. He has revealed Himself to me in ways I never imagined. From the unexplainable peace Bill and I have both had throughout the last year and a half, to the most incredible images, thoughts, and realizations that have occurred at just the right moment, it is clear that Jesus has had me and my family tightly by the hand from the very beginning. He has been our faithful companion, the ultimate comforter, and the best possible coordinator I could ever want. The will of God in my life has never been so clear. I have also fully realized that my life is not my own – God truly is in charge of each day, and in every situation. It’s all about Him – His glory and His majesty. All we have to do is put our full trust and faith in Him – He is definitely there!!

Again, I do truly appreciate all of your prayers, thoughts, and support. As my oncologist has told me, I will always be a “cancer patient”. For now, though, the journey continues on the “cancer free” trail. I am just grateful for each and every day that my Lord sees fit to have me experience. May God bless each of you and your families.

Please keep in touch!

Love in Christ,

Michele

A couple of my favorite verses:

Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”

Jeremiah 29:11-12 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.”

2. Jul 31, 2009 at 9:02 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Ghost96Romeo What is the Search Tab for????

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness
    Great to hear Bill. I only wish I lived closer too..... I wish you the best, and will continue to keep you in my prayers.

3. Jul 31, 2009 at 9:05 PM
    beastlytaco

beastlytaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Vehicle:
    08 Access Cab SR5
    thanks for posting that bill. i will continue to keep your family in my prayers

4. Jul 31, 2009 at 9:07 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    :pray: were still here for yall, i wish i was closer, i would be there at the service to provide support for your family.

5. Jul 31, 2009 at 9:09 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    God bless you , Bill. :(

6. Jul 31, 2009 at 9:19 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    x10:(

7. Jul 31, 2009 at 9:25 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    I will keep you and your family our prayers.God bless

8. Aug 1, 2009 at 12:57 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    Thank you, words can not express how much appreciation there is for everything you are sharing.
    My Dad lives in Indiana and I have never been there, but if I ever visit him there I would like to meet you and the girls. :)

9. Aug 1, 2009 at 2:39 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Bill, thank you so much for the nice comments in your note above. All of us here at TW will definetly keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers...God Bless! :pray: I'll be visiting family in Indiana all next week. My wife and I are making a road trip out of it, depending on where your located maybe we could get together for a coffee...just PM me if interested :) We will be staying just outside of the South Bend and Mishawaka area

10. Aug 1, 2009 at 3:45 AM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    Bill thank you i know in my heart you the girls and family are going
    to fine God bless you and girls
    As always prayers always in my heart

11. Aug 1, 2009 at 4:09 AM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    Did you ever notice, how GOD always takes the best ones first? Although I have never Michelle, I feel blessed for having witnessed been a small part of your journey. Your faith and kind hearts make me proud. Good luck and GOD bless you all.

12. Aug 1, 2009 at 4:10 AM
    johneman

johneman Life is good relaxin' on the porch!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Warwick,Bucks PA
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR Magnetic Gray
    Go Rhino Dominator D1 step, Extang Encore Tonneau.
    Bill, thanks for sharing the letter your wife wrote. Prayers go out to you and the girls. The loss of a loved one brings much pain but with the help of family and friends that pain can be eased. Spend time with the girls as they need it now. Still in my prayers. God Bless your family.
    Ken:pray::pray:

13. Aug 1, 2009 at 5:08 AM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    God Bless you and your family Bill.

14. Aug 1, 2009 at 5:11 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    Thank you Bill and God bless you

i really like jeremiah 29 may it bring peace and comfort to you and your daughters

15. Aug 1, 2009 at 5:28 AM
    4getful

4getful Senior Junior Member In Training

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    09 DCLB 4X4
    6" Pro-Comp Stage 2, 35x12.50x20 ProComp Xtreme All Terrain, 20" KMC Revolvers, 4.88 Gears, Banks Exhaust De-Badged
    May God Bless you and your girls! Loss is not easy, I know, but you seem very strong and dedicated to your family, so I know that you and your girls will make it through. We are all here for you whenever needed! Stay strong my friend!
    God Bless You!

16. Aug 1, 2009 at 5:53 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    thank you for posting that Bill. still lots of prayers for you and the girls. one of these days.......i will shake your hand!

17. Aug 1, 2009 at 6:01 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Michele has left a lasting impression and influence on my life. It will not fade. Thank you Michele.

18. Aug 1, 2009 at 6:06 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    God bless your family.

19. Aug 1, 2009 at 6:15 AM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    Bill, thanks for sharing something so personal with us all in such a trying time. You and your family are in my prayers.

20. Aug 1, 2009 at 6:30 AM
    chestnut35

chestnut35 Well-Known Member

Member:
    tempe
    Vehicle:
    08 Off Road Double
    bixenon HID, chrome running boards, access tonneau cover, Bilstein 5100, rear TSB leafs, 18x9 XD wheels, 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Front Bull Bar
    Thanks for showing us that heartfelt letter. You and your family will be in my prayers:pray:

To Top