1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

still stuck on the past

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by Fienoma, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Oct 4, 2009 at 8:57 PM
    MLandgraf

MLandgraf Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Rockport TX
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    ARB, 3" lift
    Where are you at in New Mexico by the way? I grew up in Aztec (near Farmington) and miss it every day.

2. Oct 4, 2009 at 9:13 PM
    01tacoprerunner

01tacoprerunner 01 4WD Prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD Prerunner
    When you have those bad images of the ER try to concentrate on the good times you had with him, use the good images to block the bad ones. Dont beat yourself up by taking drugs and stuff, your brother wouldnt want that for you. God does everything for a reason, he maybe doing this to bring you closer to him. God is your friend, talk to him, tell him how you feel and ask him to help you, i know you are mad at him but he still loves you. Focus on God and read your Bible the Lord might show you a verse to help you.

3. Oct 4, 2009 at 9:20 PM
    dunkhi

dunkhi CSULB socal

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Sirois
    Southern California. Fountain Valley
    Vehicle:
    09 Ivan Stewart
    Toytec Coilover kit. Bilstein's 5100. Alcoa Wheels. General Tires. Magnaflow Cat-back. BLHM. Yellow fogs. 13TW5 jl sub. Stewart Decals.
    i am so sorry to hear man. i can't even imagine how painful that is. but god takes the good first. as many have said he wouldn't want u to live ur life through drugs and especially run the risk of getting caught. yea he died way too soon. but you didnt and its not worth living your life unhappy becuase you/or anyone you love could die any minute as well. be happy man! were all here for you.

4. Oct 4, 2009 at 9:26 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    x2!!!!

im pretty good guy and so is everyone else on here!
    im sorry to hear that i havnt dealt with death a whole lot but there was definatley one time i have and it was the worst thing ever (my friend drowned right in front of me.. i couldnt do anything)

anyways God is the Almighty... i promise you He did not take your brother cuz he wanted you to be miserable... it was his time to be in Heaven... no matter what God will be there for you... ill be praying hang in there man!

5. Oct 4, 2009 at 9:27 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    GREAT! advice :)

6. Oct 4, 2009 at 9:31 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    +1

Find purpose from your loss. He will be proud you did. I am currently listening Victor Frankl's "Man Search for Meaning." Very much a classic and a great read/listen for all of us. His story is how he survived a concentration camp by using his mind in a good way.

I lost my two best friends while growing up - Another friend was responsible for his death. I am very good friends now with the one that accidentally killed them (my 2 best friends). Kind of weird, I thought I never would. God works in our lives in ways we don't realize. Although the older I get, the faster I realize the blessings that come from the trials. God bless.

One other thing. For many years I said that I would never be hurt like that again. Went through my days of alcohol. Made sure I never got too close to many very good people. Many years and relationships wasted due to my misunderstanding of what life was about. Once again, find purpose and not resentment.

7. Oct 4, 2009 at 9:48 PM
    Fienoma

Fienoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    New Mexcio
    Vehicle:
    2007 double cab Off road 4x4
    BHLM, In bed lights mod, K&N intake,OEM bed extender....more to come?
    Albuquerque bro ah thats cool i've never been in the area hehe

8. Oct 4, 2009 at 9:54 PM
    Fienoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    New Mexcio
    Vehicle:
    Thanks alot guys..seeing how many of you guys are so helpful is very comforting..much more than any therapist could offer..TW is a pretty great place..Thanks very much for the comfort and advice... I'm reading the posts over and over to make sure i beat this into my head..I've also suffered a serious fall to the head a couple years back causing me to lose some of my memory and having a hard time to keep recent things in memory but none the less i wont forget the advice offered here by total strangers who have been almost Family to me..Thank you.

9. Oct 5, 2009 at 5:16 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I can relate to the fall, Bud. A few years ago, I fell off a sun deck, and took a good blow to the head. For the first month, I couldnt remember what I had for dinner the night before.

10. Oct 5, 2009 at 5:57 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!

Can't offer much more than what is already been noted here. Go back and read the post's involving Bill (longbow) and his bride Michele. This is one of his most recent post. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/prayers-support/54313-moving-process.html#post980435
    Bill's wife Michele lost her battle with cancer just over a month ago. The power of our Lord was evident throughout the proceeding weeks as the TW members hit there knees in praying for a miracle. I feel we witnessed a miracle in that Bill and his girls were able to bring Michele home and witness her unwavering love for our/her Lord Jesus Christ. I'm not trying to convert you here, for me personally I have found that time alone talking to God helps me. Talk to him as you would a friend, ask and pray to him for answers. He will listen.
    Your brother is very proud of you for this year of being clean and sober.
    You are in my prayers.

11. Oct 5, 2009 at 7:10 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    ^Well said Gary, and everyone else too!!

Welcome to the family of TW.........I'll be praying for you brother.

12. Oct 5, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    Fienoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    New Mexcio
    Vehicle:
    haha thats good to know someone is in the same boat..i myself fell down a stair case after breaking up with my ex haha..guess it was a good thing since i woke up and didn't remember her cheating on me haha..Good times..good times

13. Oct 5, 2009 at 7:35 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    good to hear we can help..TW is always glad to help. We need a virtual bar, like in Cheers.

14. Oct 5, 2009 at 7:58 PM
    Ty's Taco

Ty's Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sweet home Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner SR5 Sport Pearl Black
    Ask visa or my wife. They both constantly remind me how much I've got left to spend.
    I agree with everything that was said and only wanted to encourage you to follow up with finding a therapist to help you get through this. The steps of grieving are: denial, anger, bartering, depression, acceptance, you need someone that is a trained professionsal to help you with going through these steps and sort out your emotions. You are a young man with a lot to offer this world, grow up to be the man your brother would want you to be and the first step is getting counseling.

15. Oct 5, 2009 at 8:16 PM
    05 TRD Sport

05 TRD Sport She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.

Member:
    30 minutes south of Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    Red Prerunner AC
    Sorry to hear of all your pain. I lost my big brother a little over 6 years ago in a car crash. Unlike you, I had him for almost 45 years, we were teenagers together. Only a year and a half age difference. Lot's of memories, some good, some not so good. Time makes it better but it doesn't go away. I don't really want his memory to go away. He's in my dreams alot, like the wreck never happened. I like them. Try to find some way to honor him. Do things you know he would like. I've made it very important to me to be a constant presence in his daughter's life. She was only 6 and doesn't remember alot about him. I make it a point to tell her good stuff about him. IDK, I wish I could be of more help. Keep your head up. Don't let it ruin you. He wouldn't want that. It's all part of the deal, if you're gonna be alive, then you're gonna be dead. I hope that I don't sound cold. It's just how I deal with it.

16. Oct 6, 2009 at 8:26 PM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    For a five-year-old, the images would be disturbing--stop thinking as an adult for a moment, and try to think as a small child who doesn't understand what is going on. The mind can bury what is painful, but often it come back eventually, and that may be what is happening now. Don't try to bury the images or forget them--deal with them as an adult comforting the child that you were. Tell the five-year-old you what really happened and try to deal with those images instead of just trying to forget them. Remind yourself that what you see is through the lense of a child, and that the reality is different, no less awful, just different. You've spent so much time trying to forget, but that hasn't worked. Maybe now is the time to remember, and then put them away in peace as an adult rather than locking them up in the fear and confusion of a child. Then maybe you can remember more of the feeling of him looking out for you and watching over you and replace those bad memories with good ones.

17. Oct 6, 2009 at 8:31 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    sorry to hear of your troubles my friend. dont ever let go of your brother......keep him close, but realize he would want you to be happy........and rest in the comfort of knowing he is in a far better place.

18. Oct 7, 2009 at 10:03 PM
    Fienoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Hieu
    New Mexcio
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the supportive input guys..it really has helped alot i've been doing my best to apply these as daily chores and it's seems to be working out..still see horrid images here and there but i remind myself what you guys have told. Buncha great people on here..i can't thank you guys enough!!!!!!!:)

To Top