Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Prayers & Support

Notices

Life lessons

Old 10-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
clowns to the left-jokers to the right
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
hoosiertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Life lessons

I viewed this as support.......hope it's not a repost. I received it in an e-mail and thought I would share. I just don't know why #45 isn't there.

> Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland ,
> Ohio
>
> "To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It
> is the most-requested column I've ever written. My odometer rolled over to
> 90 in August, so here is the column once more:"
>
> 1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
> 2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
> 3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
> 4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and
> parents will. Stay in touch.
> 5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
> 6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
> 7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
> 8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
> 9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
> 10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
> 11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
> 12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
> 13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey
> is all about.
> 14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
> 15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God
> never blinks.
> 16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
> 17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
> 18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
> 19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up
> to you and no one else.
> 20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for
> an answer.
> 21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't
> save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
> 22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
> 23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
> 24. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
> 25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ''In five years, will
> this matter?".
> 26. Always choose life.
> 27. Forgive everyone everything.
> 28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
> 29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
> 30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
> 31. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
> 32. Believe in miracles.
> 33. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or
> didn't do.
> 34. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
> 35.. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
> 36. Your children get only one childhood.
> 37. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
> 38. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere..
> 39. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd
> grab ours back.
> 40. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
> 41. The best is yet to come.
> 42. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
> 43. Yield.
> 44. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
I viewed this as support.......hope it's not a repost. I received it in an e-mail and thought I would share. I just don't know why #45 isn't there.
Maybe #45 is

> 45. Pay no concern to what or whomever is not there, love and appreciate the things or people who are and look forward to the things and people who will be.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Great post Ben! I needed to read this today.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:24 AM   #7
hoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoosiertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrn2taco View Post
Maybe #45 is

> 45. Pay no concern to what or whomever is not there, love and appreciate the things or people who are and look forward to the things and people who will be.
Excellent, I like that!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Great advice. I wish I followed some of them more often...
me too bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
Great post Ben! I needed to read this today.
That makes it all worth it. I'm lifting you up in prayer today sister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
46) There's only one thing in life that you have to do - and that's die. Everything else is a formaility and can be taken lightly.
Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Great find!!!

#45 Wizdom is passed down.. Never up!!
Good one!! I like it!!
Old 10-15-2009, 08:28 AM   #8
The G stands for smooth
Gsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shedGsquare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GG
Gsquare's Tacoma Gallery
Thx Ben -- appreciate you taking the time to put that up. Good tonic.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:31 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsquare View Post
Thx Ben -- appreciate you taking the time to put that up. Good tonic.
you're welcome
Old 10-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Love some of the #45 responses.

Wish I could think of something clever to say
Old 10-16-2009, 05:32 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Love some of the #45 responses.

Wish I could think of something clever to say
Me too Susan.........how 'bout everyone that has one, continue to add #45 responses.... Let's hear 'em.....
Old 10-16-2009, 06:45 AM   #12
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiertaco View Post
Me too Susan.........how 'bout everyone that has one, continue to add #45 responses.... Let's hear 'em.....
works for me Keep posting 'em guys/gals
Old 10-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #13
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
My Grandmother is 87 years old. I call her on the phone once a week. I'd say she's my favorite person to talk to because when you've been on the planet that long, you learn a thing or two. She went through the depression, WW2 where her husband and basically the rest of the men in her family went off to fight in it, two kids, a husband who died at 60 of heart failure, and so on.

What I get out of talking to her is that sometimes the things people worry or fret about aren't really worth it in the grand scheme of things. She'd been there, done that, and sometimes been there more than once. Like serious financial meltdowns for example.

I am not looking forward to the day that she passes away.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:17 AM   #14
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, Ben!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:18 AM   #15
Gone But Not Forgotten

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilson1977 View Post
My Grandmother is 87 years old. I call her on the phone once a week. I'd say she's my favorite person to talk to because when you've been on the planet that long, you learn a thing or two. She went through the depression, WW2 where her husband and basically the rest of the men in her family went off to fight in it, two kids, a husband who died at 60 of heart failure, and so on.

What I get out of talking to her is that sometimes the things people worry or fret about aren't really worth it in the grand scheme of things. She'd been there, done that, and sometimes been there more than once. Like serious financial meltdowns for example.

I'll bet she has some stories to tell..... You're lucky you still have her
Old 10-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #16
Quote:

I hear you brother. I have a 102 year old gr granmother who will be 103 next month. She is one of the most interesting people I've ever known.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thanks, Ben!!!
you're welcome dude. Come on.....we're all dying to hear your #1 life lesson......norrow it to one though......or more, I don't care.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:16 AM   #17
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What I get out of talking to her is that sometimes the things people worry or fret about aren't really worth it in the grand scheme of things.
Exactly!!

I try to practice a more 'relaxed' frame of mind in anything I do.

At work (around machinery & production), the more demanding the job becomes ...the slower I move. Because afterall....when you're stressed & rushed - you can't think straight and you end up making poor decisions.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #18
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
here's a couple that I like to go by.

#45. you only live once
#46. all income is disposable income
Old 10-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #19
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Exactly!!

At work (around machinery & production), the more demanding the job becomes ...the slower I move. Because afterall....when you're stressed & rushed - you can't think straight and you end up making poor decisions.
amen, you gotta take it slow and relax
Old 10-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #20
Quote:
Exactly!!

Absolutely! Poor decisions and being rushed can also lead to unsafe actions and injuries.