1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sad day...

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by 951TRD, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Mar 14, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    951TRD

951TRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Irvine, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OffRoad
    Tinted windows, Upgraded door speakers with 10" Kicker CVT Sub, Pioneer AVIC D3, Magnaflow exhaust, Bilstein 5100 set to zero and Camburg 4" spindles
    After almost 14 yrs as a part of the family, I had to put my dog Hunter down after suffering from violent seizures the past few days. It was hard to say goodbye but it was time to let him go so that he won't suffer anymore. I never imagined that it would be as hard as it is. I'll see you again one day Hunter. We love you and you sill be missed.
    [​IMG]

2. Mar 14, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Lions Not Sheep

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma / 2000 4.7 Tundra TRD
    Im sorry man I hate to hear that. One of my dogs just got diognosed with cancer last week. The best way to get over it is to get a new puppy.

3. Mar 14, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Sorry to hear. :sorry:

4. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    951TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Irvine, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OffRoad
    Tinted windows, Upgraded door speakers with 10" Kicker CVT Sub, Pioneer AVIC D3, Magnaflow exhaust, Bilstein 5100 set to zero and Camburg 4" spindles
    Thanks for everyones support... A few months back I was thinking about getting another Golden Retriever or a Chocolate Lab. So we will see.

5. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:06 PM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    [SIZE=+1]Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Iam so sorry
    [/SIZE]

6. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    so sorry to hear about your loss.

7. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:15 PM
    Beau02

Beau02 Black Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Beau
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 Limited TRD V6 Auto (234k+, 1-owner)
    Lots of small stuff; Grillcraft MX, Bilstein 5100's, Deck Plate Mod w/ AFE air filter, Airaid MIT, braided SS brake lines, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood struts, Extang Full-Tilt tonneau cover, fog light mod, gray wire mod, power outlets on-demand, Diff breather ext, additional contours to passenger side from oak tree.
    Sorry to hear that - the best companions are the hardest losses.

8. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:21 PM
    DieselTech

DieselTech Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    2005 Taco
    3" Lift, Eagle Alloys, 285/75 Mickey Thompson BAJA's, Flowmaster 40 series, 8000k HID's, Low-pro tool box, 7" touchscreen with JBL speakers and sub,
    Hey dude sorry to hear, I just went through the same thing with my old yellow lab Daisy, tuff to take, I still will think of her every now and then, or something will remind me of her and i just laugh, she was awesome.

9. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    CorrectionCop

CorrectionCop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Off Road SR5 V6 access cab
    Locking differential,TSB 4 Leaf Spring, Bug deflector.
    Sorry to hear of your lose. I to lost my best friend a couple of years a go. It takes time to get over but, you never forget them.

10. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    951TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Irvine, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OffRoad
    Yea I laugh when I think of some of the things he has done and get sad when certain things remind me of him. It will be hard to find a dog that will be at least half as mellow as he was.

11. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    So sorry to hear :(

12. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    DieselTech

DieselTech Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    2005 Taco
    3" Lift, Eagle Alloys, 285/75 Mickey Thompson BAJA's, Flowmaster 40 series, 8000k HID's, Low-pro tool box, 7" touchscreen with JBL speakers and sub,
    Yeah man, Take your time before getting another dog, I just got one now And i love him, (Moose) btu im happy i didn't get him right after daisy.

13. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Man i'm so sorry to hear that! He was a very handsome dog! My mom and dad just gotta Goldie and named her Gracie...We've always been Golden Retriever fans! Take care man

14. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:37 PM
    951TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Irvine, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OffRoad
    Yea I'm going to wait awhile before I start looking for another dog. What kind of dog did you end up gettin?

15. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:38 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    951TRD ,

very sad news indeed , I lost my best buddy in September after 17 years with us , it is very hard , and you think about them all of the time .

The rainbow bridge story above is what I imagine when I think of where my friend is now , when I first lost him I read an article called " Do pets go to Heaven " and the very simple answer was , " of course your pets will be there in Heaven waiting for you , otherwise how could it be considered Heaven "

I wish you the best ,

OZ

16. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM
    RockyTacoma

RockyTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dojo
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    2002 tacoma trd
    stock
    losing pet is tough on anybody. esp dogs. i get really depressed when my dogs dies

17. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:41 PM
    yotanator

yotanator Not your average girl

Member:
    First Name:
    Katie
    Sonora, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 4WD
    Custom built and painted grill, iPod interface, TRD shift knob, TRD cat back exhaust, Flowmaster muffler, 285/75/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja Radials, blacked out emblems, 3" Daystar Lift, Halo headlights, Hunter 4x4 bull bar, 1 1/2 wheel spacers, rooftop light bar, KC daylighters
    Very sorry to hear that. I know how rough losing a pet is, especially suddenly. It will get easier though. :)

18. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    951TRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Irvine, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD OffRoad
    Thanks for everyones support... No doubt that we will see each other one day.

19. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    RockyTacoma

RockyTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dojo
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    2002 tacoma trd
    stock
    ..........this made me cry, i had a dream like that once.

20. Mar 14, 2010 at 4:57 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I just had a little moment myself , you sure get attached to your little buds and usually don't realize the extent of it until they have left ,

OZ

To Top