1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Dad, Sister and Cousin

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by 90YotaPU, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:02 PM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU [OP] The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    I knew things were going too well when my wife got a good raise at work and I'm on the verge of getting a new job.

My dad was diagnosed with a type of prostate cancer the other day. To make things worse, he's a long distance truck driver and won't be home for another week to discuss his options. The doctor told him the test results over the phone. It amazes me how bad things happen to good people. He's been driving trucks since 16 (now 66) and has always taken every load offered and driven old trucks because they were paid off just so me, my sister, and my mom could have a good life and never go without. Now after all that, he gets cancer. Makes no sense to me.

My cousin while at work the two days ago passed out. After being rushed to the emergency room and having all tests run on him, they found several tumors in his brain. He's going in for surgery on Tuesday. He just got married this past winter and is only in his mid-20's. Has his whole life ahead of him.

I also have my sister going in for elective surgery to have gastric bypass performed. She's always had a problem with her weight and though she won't tell us, I believe the doctors are pushing it so she doesn't have health problems down the road. She's only 34. We lost my uncle a few years back due to health problems caused by him being overweight.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination but please keep my family in your thoughts (or prayers if that's what you do).

2. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:04 PM
    Hoyal

Hoyal Whiskey bent and hell bound.

Member:
    First Name:
    Devin
    N 39.2249 W -106.16974
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra
    Big tires, big lift, Lots of stuff's.
    You have been through a lot. I hope things look up for you. You and your family are in my thoughts.

3. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:07 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    I'll hope for a good outcome for everyone involved. You have a lot on your plate, so take the time to take care of yourself as you deal with everything. Good luck.

4. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    X2!

5. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:14 PM
    Drewboto

Drewboto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    Base model ಠ_à²
    (Former Tacoma owner) 17" Mustang wheels, Eclipse AVN 5435, Deck plate mod, vertical Maglite mount, K&N high-flow air filter, Delta gullwing box, amp, sub, 30 percent tint, floor lighting, tilt activated glove box lighting, lighting behind seat, engine bay lighting, SR5 grill surround, power windows, outside temp display
    Prayers sent man.

6. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM
    cb0913

cb0913 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 Red TRD Sport 4x4
    hope everything works out well, mike.

7. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:21 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    :pray: sent Mike!

8. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:29 PM
    Machete Eddie

Machete Eddie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD OffRoad
    You and your family are in our prayers.

9. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:37 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    :pray: Prayers sent Mike.

10. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:41 PM
    loves.her.truck

loves.her.truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blu
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner trd
    being sent right now :pray:

11. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:47 PM
    90YotaPU

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    Thanks so much everyone. The comraderie (sp?) means a lot to me on here. Both my sister and my counsin are going in for surgery on Tuesday and I'll be heading down to the hospital. My dad has an appointment scheduled for when he'll be home next and he'll discuss the options with his doctor.

My dad always talked about him and I going on a father / son vacation. It's a shame it's taken this kind of jolt to get to it, but my wife and I decided I'm going to look into booking a cruise for him and I to go on. He's always been trying to get my mom to go on one and she's too afraid of boats. I've been on several and know he'd love it. This may be the perfect thing for us to do together.

12. Apr 9, 2011 at 8:55 PM
    DSMissed

DSMissed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kerri
    Lead South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 TRD OR
    3" lift with adjustable shocks and AAL, TPS disabled, anytime locker mod, MOOG greasable ball joints and adjustment pins, URD M3 s/c, Pioneer nav headunit, xplod 1000w amp, 10" infinity sub, tinted windows, lightly tinted tails, color matched front grill with blacked out emblem. Do battle scars count as mods?? =D
    Thats alot to have on your mind, but just be strong... the stronger you and the rest of your family are, the stronger your father/sister/cousin will be. Life has a funny way of working, but it always goes on.

13. Apr 9, 2011 at 9:38 PM
    wing103

wing103 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport / Dark Gray
    Grill Craft upper & Lower Grill WetOK Seat Cover, Devil Horn, Bug, Windows Deflector, Side step Bar, HID 55W 8000K Headlight, HID 35W 4000K Foglight, Fog Light Mod, Interior LED Map Light Mod, Electric Tail Gate Lock, Leer Cab, Key ring light, Bed LED lights Mod, Kenwood DNX5120, Signal Mirror with Heat
    From the bottom of my heart, I wish you and your family, everything come out well at the end.

14. Apr 9, 2011 at 9:45 PM
    mlittle

mlittle T O Y O T A

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Fort Sill, OK
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x4
    Hopefully everything has a positive outcome. Keep your head up. You are your family will be in my prayers.

15. Apr 9, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    elytravis

elytravis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Always changing...but there is no place like home.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Nautical Blue DCLB TRD Sport
    Black tube steps, Skid plate, Bilstein 6112's front and 5160's rear, Bakflip F1 folding cover, EGR raingaurds, All weather floor mats, AFE pro dry filter, BFG 265 70 R 17 KO2's.
    I wish you and your family the best. They are in my prayers. I'm not the preaching type, but God has a funny way of working things out. What ever you believe, in the end it's got to be good because you wait your entire life to get there. I truely hope for the best outcome for family situation.

16. Apr 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    rleeharris

rleeharris "Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tundra Crew Max TRD Off Road
    OP, sending prayers for your family and YOU too. Take care of yourself man; stresses can build up and before you know it they can become overwhelming. Make sure to take time to reflect on all these things and find some way to keep tabs on your own well-being. I've been there and I can't stress this enough. Reaching out here is a great step in that direction.

Again, my prayers for your father (I have great respect for truck drivers!), sister, and cousin. May God bless and comfort you all in this difficult time. And may He give you calm and peace to wade these troubled waters. He is there for you--never, EVER, forget that.

17. Apr 9, 2011 at 10:07 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    Prayers for sure man, hope everything goes well

18. Apr 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i hope the outcome for everyone is good!! prays coming! i had a friend in HS. sophomore year she had brain cancer had surgery they got like all of it. junior year it came back. had surgery agin. and in the end she ended up dyeing. very very sad!!! she was 17.

19. Apr 10, 2011 at 12:39 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    I'm sorry to hear of the tough times you are facing.
    Could I have their first names if you don't mind me asking. I'd like to add them to my prayer list?

Make sure you book that cruise with your pops!!! You'll have a blast and never regret it.:)

You are in my prayers too Mike. Drink water, eat fruits, and take care of yourself because your family needs you healthy and strong for them during these trying times.

Extra thoughts and prayers on Tuesday.

20. Apr 10, 2011 at 6:32 AM
    90YotaPU

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Guys (and gals). Names as follows:

Dad: Jim
    Sister: Melissa
    Cousin: John

I'll be keeping everyone updated on things as it comes along.

To Top