1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

trd supercharger reviews?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by commtrd, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Jul 5, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    commtrd

commtrd [OP] commtrd

Member:
    Corpus Christi TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4wd V6
    Thinking about getting a trd supercharger for my 2009 access cab v6: Can anyone who has had the trd supercharger installed provide some feedback as to how the engine performs after the install, how is gas mileage affected, linearity of boost (is it linear from idle or does it kick in at some elevated rpm) etc. I have read a little here about the SC and that it does increase power, but not a word about how gas mileage is affected; I would expect mpg to go down some but how much? Would also have to switch to super unlead grade so need to know what kind of hit I would take if I get a trd SC. I need more power than the stock 4 litre v6 for towing a trailer and due to the cost of adding the SC (over $4000) I am really debating whether to just take the hit and trade off this taco to get a 3/4 ton diesel truck. All this is really my fault for making an impulse buy on this truck without doing near enough research beforehand.

Any thoughts on this appreciated.

Products Discussed in

To Top