LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

All Pro Wrap Around Side Pieces for Rear Bumper - Worth It?

Old 07-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
The Sausage King of Chicago
Abe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shedAbe Froman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, National Park Service
Abe Froman's Tacoma Gallery
All Pro Wrap Around Side Pieces for Rear Bumper - Worth It?

I have the All Pro rear bumper on it's way to me now. The wrap around side pieces would be another 2 weeks and I'm not sure if I should hold out for them. The off-roading I do is infrequent and pretty mild. The only reason I'm getting the steel plate bumper is that I smushed the OEM p.o.s. AND the main reason I'm considering the side pieces is the reports I've read that the A.P. bumper looks goofy (too wide) without them. Insurance paid me the full body shop cost to replace the bumper and trailor hitch, so money isn't an issue. I just want to make a smart buy. All Pro's web site says the side pieces "have support gussets that attach directly to the frame for added strength." I hadn't heard this before. Is this an improvement with the newest generation bumper? Anyone have a clue if this would prevent the side pieces from easily being pushed in to make contact with the bedside as has been previously reported? I'd love to see front-view pics of A.P. bumpers without the side pieces to see just how far it sticks out. is it really that goofy looking? Thanks for any input.