1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

All Pro Wrap Around Side Pieces for Rear Bumper - Worth It?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Abe Froman, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Jul 7, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    Abe Froman

Abe Froman [OP] The Sausage King of Chicago

Member:
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2023 SR DCSB 4x4, White
    I have the All Pro rear bumper on it's way to me now. The wrap around side pieces would be another 2 weeks and I'm not sure if I should hold out for them. The off-roading I do is infrequent and pretty mild. The only reason I'm getting the steel plate bumper is that I smushed the OEM p.o.s. AND the main reason I'm considering the side pieces is the reports I've read that the A.P. bumper looks goofy (too wide) without them. Insurance paid me the full body shop cost to replace the bumper and trailor hitch, so money isn't an issue. I just want to make a smart buy. All Pro's web site says the side pieces "have support gussets that attach directly to the frame for added strength." I hadn't heard this before. Is this an improvement with the newest generation bumper? Anyone have a clue if this would prevent the side pieces from easily being pushed in to make contact with the bedside as has been previously reported? I'd love to see front-view pics of A.P. bumpers without the side pieces to see just how far it sticks out. is it really that goofy looking? Thanks for any input.

Products Discussed in

To Top