my lotek pillar had a terrible fit both with the handle and where it seats into the dash and i could not stand it anymore so i saw an idea from another member on xru about how he hacked his lotek and attached it to his oem pillar so i did a similar thing and it was actually pretty easy.
1. i cut enough of the gauge pillar out to keep some flat surface to use when i was going to epoxy it to the oem pillar and drew on the oem pillar where i wanted the pod to fit.
i only cut enough out of the oem one to fit the gauges and left a nice border around the hole in the oem one to use as epoxy surface. then i used 5 min plastic epoxy and attached the gauge pod to the pillar.
then i sanded the edge of the pod to try to blend it into the oem pillar as much as possible and checked my fitments.
then i used a 2 part bumper repair kit to fill in as much of the gap between the pod and pillar and then sanded my ass off. after i had it as good as i could get it i put bondo around the border and did the fine tuning.
then a coat or two of plastic fusion shimmer paint as a primer and to help add texture.
then a few coats of truck bed spray on bedliner and done!