Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

lotek dual gauge pillar fix

Old 07-09-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
lotek dual gauge pillar fix

my lotek pillar had a terrible fit both with the handle and where it seats into the dash and i could not stand it anymore so i saw an idea from another member on xru about how he hacked his lotek and attached it to his oem pillar so i did a similar thing and it was actually pretty easy.
1. i cut enough of the gauge pillar out to keep some flat surface to use when i was going to epoxy it to the oem pillar and drew on the oem pillar where i wanted the pod to fit.

i only cut enough out of the oem one to fit the gauges and left a nice border around the hole in the oem one to use as epoxy surface. then i used 5 min plastic epoxy and attached the gauge pod to the pillar.

then i sanded the edge of the pod to try to blend it into the oem pillar as much as possible and checked my fitments.

then i used a 2 part bumper repair kit to fill in as much of the gap between the pod and pillar and then sanded my ass off. after i had it as good as i could get it i put bondo around the border and did the fine tuning.

then a coat or two of plastic fusion shimmer paint as a primer and to help add texture.

then a few coats of truck bed spray on bedliner and done!

Old 07-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #2
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Nice work!

Mine fits nice, Must have lucked out.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #3
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
that looks freaken awesome
its looks factory
Old 07-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
thanks, i have heard some peoples fit perfect guess i got a bad one and i didnt like how it looked when i had to trim the handle for it to fit. now its perfect, for me at least. it really wasnt that hard just time consuming.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #5
Mtniner is on a distinguished road

Mtniner's Tacoma Gallery
Hey outlaw,

I know this is a really old thread, but I just bought a Lotek dual gauge pod and the fit is terrible. I stumbled upon your thread here but I see the pics don't show up, maybe they were moved or something? I was wondering if you still had them somewhere? If not no worries, it was awhile ago.

Thanks