Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Best Truck Cap?

Old 07-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
WestwardBound is on a distinguished road
Name: Rene
WestwardBound's Tacoma Gallery
Best Truck Cap?

I just bought a 2010 Tacoma Access Cab BSP and am looking to buy a hard cap for it. I was wondering if there are any suggestions for the direction to go in and what product to purchase. I only really know of leer and century, so suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
WoodsDweller
KraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shedKraQr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dave
KraQr's Tacoma Gallery
A.R.E color matched
Attached Thumbnails
Best Truck Cap?-img_0793.jpg  
Old 07-31-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
as in Gobias some coffee
gobias will become famous soon enoughgobias will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
gobias's Tacoma Gallery
I'm partial to ARE. Keep an eye out for used shells though. You can get one nearly brand new for about half the price if you're patient enough.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:42 AM   #4
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Leer, ARE, and Century are the most popular in my area.

I bought a Leer 100XQ. I've had it for 2 years now and it's great.

Find out what your local dealers are selling and compare features and pricing. See each on in person! Don't buy from looking at a picture on line, you cannot see/feel the quality of the product from a picture.

Also check out the manufacture's websites. Many times they have discount coupons available. I got a $70 coupon from the Leer website.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:06 AM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobias View Post
I'm partial to ARE. Keep an eye out for used shells though. You can get one nearly brand new for about half the price if you're patient enough.
x2. keep searching craigslist.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #6
as in Gobias some coffee
gobias will become famous soon enoughgobias will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
gobias's Tacoma Gallery
Thought I'd chime in again. Just picked up a used Leer 100R complete with windoors on both sides and a Yakima rack for $200 a couple weeks ago.

Good things come to those who wait. And search Craigslist for a couple months.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:05 AM   #7
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
ARE "Z" series is what I bought after much research.

If you don't need one right away try and find one used. You will save a bundle of $$$. I bought this new as I wanted color matched and I own a longbed truck.
I like the hidden hinge design on the ARE.

They "ARE" very proud of their toppers...$$$.