1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CAUTION: autointeriorslive.com

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by dasmee, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Sep 14, 2010 at 6:17 AM
    dasmee

dasmee [OP] New Member

Member:
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd
    none yet
    To all fellow enthusiasts. I recently, Aug 8, 2010, placed an order with autointeriorslive.com. After reading a fellow Taco drivers success and satisfaction with the company. It is now 5 weeks later and after attending to a family emergency, I am following up on my order. Don from autointeriorslive and Nancy both called me telling me that Katzkin was running late on their orders. I paid and have been waiting. I decided to call Katzkin direct and they report that they are delivering, and have been deliviring on time. Katzkin is delivering within 3 days of the received order! Autointeriorslive.com is NOT affiliated with Katzkin and never placed my order and are no longer returning my calls. Katzkin says they have had a few complaints about this company and are looking into it. Indirectly they implied they want it shut down. Take my loss as a good reason NOT to do business with these people. Maybe they were legit or delivered to one or two folks in the past but they were NEVER affiliated with Katzkin according to Katzkin!!!
    FYI only: PayPal whom I use because of these instances has entered a dispute against them but to date they are not getting calls back or a response back from them (autointeriorslive). I should get a full refund in under 10 days unless they ship me a set per my invoice. Past experience tells me that I will likely get a set but it will be a defect set and the problems will only continue!!!

Any other members who are currently doing business with them meeting with trouble or success, let us know.

2. Sep 22, 2010 at 6:16 AM
    ec8

ec8 Newby

Member:
    Stuart
    Vehicle:
    There was a group by with them probably 6 months ago or so, maybe longer? It sounded like everyone that participated with them were satisfied. Search it up and talk to those that ordered, but sounded legit. I was going to take part but decided to save the $ in the end

3. Sep 24, 2010 at 7:53 AM
    dasmee

dasmee [OP] New Member

Member:
    colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd
    none yet
    Just a follow-up. After an extended time I was able to get PayPal to refund the money as that company is no longer responding to anyone who calls outside of new customers. PayPal is trying to close their account. I would recommend to anyone NOT to use them. Katzkin still denies any affiliation with them which means they are getting their leather somewhere else other than factory direct as they claim. ShopSAR.com is the way to go!

4. Sep 24, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    Rufus

Rufus Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD PreRunner Sport
    OEM Truck Bed Extender, Window Tint, Tailgate Security Mod, OEM Spare Tire Lock, Cam Locks (storage compartments), OEM Bed Mat, OEM Skid Plate, Stant 11504 Locking Gas Cap, TW Edrin55 OEM Running Boards, Pop & Lock w/Back-Up Cam, Black WeatherTechs, Red Line Quick Lift Plus Hood Struts, Wet Okole Front Seat Covers-black/charcoal with red & white TRD graphic & back seat pockets, DIY Satoshi Grillcraft & Old School Toyota Badge, TW ZonKs Black UWS Low Pro Truck Box, Rear Suspension TSB, 3M Scotch Guard Paint & Headlight Protection Film 8mm Urethane, Flyzeye V2 Wired Amber/White/Amber Interior LED Lights w/Silver Case, Sleek Looking Black LED Tail Lights from K2 Motors (Identical to OEM, but black).
    Wow. Thanks for the heads up. Everyone, lets get the word out bout these lowlife crooks. Nobody %@#*s with a TW member. :mad:

5. Sep 24, 2010 at 7:40 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    I would blacklist there name by reviewing them poorly all over the web. I hate companies like this.

6. Sep 25, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    gunner_20

gunner_20 .....

Member:
    Nixa, MO
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma DCLB Sport 4x4
    x2 :mad:

7. Sep 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM
    BLKTRD6SP

BLKTRD6SP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Crane Lake Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 Black TRD 6 Speed
    2 way remote start,3M rockguard
    I ordered mine from them and they were great to deal with although it did seem to take a long time.
    I phoned them after the other people on this site had received theirs and I had still not seen mine. They claim the order was lost or something but I did receive them a couple of days later shipped directly from Katzkin.

8. Nov 17, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    flounderbout

flounderbout Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Henry
    Guildford
    Hi,
    UK Hilux Surf forum member here - apologies for piling in on your forum.
    I ordered a Surf interior back in June 2011 from AutoInteriorsLive.com. I had various email exchanges with a guy called Don Tusso from AutoInteriorsLive, and spoke to him on the phone a couple of times. After endless delays he sent me this:

"Hi Henry,
    I most definitely understand and would feel the same.
    I sincerely appreciate your patience.
    Your kit will be shipping Thursday. I will email you when it does.
    I will have the tracking# for you within 24-48.
    Again, Thank You for your patience and understanding.
    Here is a coupon code worth $50 off a total order, for you, family or friend: spd50 I will handle your order and personally guarantee no delay!
    Thanks again for your business and enjoy your new leather interior.
    When you see the quality, you'll agree that it was worth the wait!

Sincerely,
    Don

D.J. Tusso

AUTO INTERIORS LIVE ®
    (877) 452-8954 Ext 833
    (302) 235-2942 Ext 833
    djt@AutoInteriorsLive.com"

That was back in September. Since then, total radio silence. The phone would never be answered, and now it has been cut off completely. And when I checked today the website has gone down too.
    I'm afraid this place appears to be just a complete scam, and this Don Tusso appears to be a crook. What other explanation can there be for a complete failure to respond?
    They have cost me hundreds of dollars, which I am unlikely to get back since I didn't pay by PayPal.
    Gutted.
    But at least maybe others will be warned off getting caught up in the scam.

9. Nov 17, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    How did you pay? Only reason I ask is most credit cards have a system for filing fraud claims against a vendor, similar to Paypal. Call your card company and let them start going to work for you.

10. Nov 17, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    flounderbout

flounderbout Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Henry
    Guildford
    Yes I am on that now, thanks. Have to check back through my records to see how I paid. I have been growing increasingly suspicious with unanswered emails and calls, but the first sign that I have found is that they are scammers was this thread which I just came across today.
    Presumably the company has been going south for a while, and this Don Tusso crook has just merrily kept taking orders and then skipped town with all of the cash...
    :mad:

11. Jan 7, 2012 at 2:47 PM
    tjgondek

tjgondek New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Palm Springs, CA
    I was reading some of the posts and came upon flounderbout in the UK and dasmee at TocomaWorld....and your problems with AutoInteriorsLive.com. Flounderbout UK and other people like dasmee, myself, and others around the net have had the same problem being scammed by AutoInteriorsLive.com. Some have recovered their money through their credit card companies and some (like myself) have not. I may have caused Mr. Don Tusso's disappearance from the net, although he does have a facebook page. I took my complaint directly to the State of Deleware's (USA) Consumer Protection Division - Department of Justice and the Attorney General's Office. They have been investigating Mr. Tusso and AutoInteriorsLive.com since I sent in a written complaint last August 24, 2011. Mr. Tusso has been giving them a line like he does with everyone else (including promising a refund to me), but nothing materialized. Last November 28th, 2011 I received a call from the State of Deleware (USA) Attorney General's Office and they informed me the complaint has moved forward to the Director of Consumer Protection. While this may be a slow process, I did want to inform members of this forum, that investigative actions are being taken and hopefully we shall have some results. I have advised the State Attorney General of others, such as flounderbout UK and dasmeee (USA), that have been scammed by Mr. Tusso. If anyone has a complaint they may contact the State of Deleware (USA) on the net through "Deleware Consumer Complaint" and file a complaint on line or through the mail. You may also contact them via email: consumer.protection@state.de.u s. You can also contact me via email at: tjgondek@gmail.com and I will forward information to them as well. Just thought I would bring members up to date on AutoInteriorsLive.com and the pirate Mr Don Tusso. Any information I receive from the State of Deleware Attorney General I shall pass on to you all. Best to all.

12. Jan 10, 2012 at 11:08 AM
    tjgondek

tjgondek New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Palm Springs, CA
    I have just received an email this date that a

Special Investigator, Mr. Robert Schreiber, Fraud and Consumer Protection Division, Department of Justice, 820 N French St, Wilmington, DE 19801 (USA) email: Robert.schreiber@state.de.us, phone (1-302-577-5183)

has been assigned by the Director of Consumer Protection Unit to further investigate Mr. Don Tusso - AutoInteriorsLive.com. I would encourage anyone who has been wronged by AutoInteriorsLive.com to at least send an email to Mr. Schreiber and reference case no. CAS-204619. There is always strength in numbers. I have already informed them (the Consumer Unit) that there are other victims and a note from all would cement that fact. So spread the word. If Mr. Tusso's activities go beyond the borders of the USA perhaps we can get other legal consumer protection entities involved. Push come to shove, I would not hesitate to complain to Interpol....it couldn't hurt. Best to all.

13. Jan 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM
    zul

zul Professional Goofball

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, Color-matched Grille, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails, RokBlokz mud flaps WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Steel bed cage
    Bump for justice. Hope this conman gets caught.

Products Discussed in

To Top