Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

do wet okoles make ya WET???

Old 09-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
do wet okoles make ya WET???

...Im talking literally-I know the looks of them have been well established as fantastic. What I need are honest opinions on comfort, especially breatheability. Do they create sweat after being on them for a while? I turned back a NICE set of Toyota custom covers because after 10-15 minutes on them our backs were swampy. Feedback please-and those of you who have had them for a while-do they hold their shape or are they getting sloppy? Thanks.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #2
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard lots of folks talking about sweaty back syndrome when using Wet Okoles... enough to make me not even look into putting them on my truck, despite how good they look. Hopefully some folks who have them will sound off here.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wow that sucks! Why on earth would they even use non breathing material like that? Very stupid IMO. I hope to hear some good answers on this.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
Logically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to allLogically Insane is a name known to all

Name: Wes
Logically Insane's Tacoma Gallery
The reason they're not breathable is because they're waterproof.. to prevent stains and whatnot.. you basically have to choose which you'd rather have, stained seats, or a sweaty back..
Old 09-14-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I rode in Tracy's truck with WO seat covers for an about and hour and I didn't have a sweaty back. Not bad for being a sweat fellow. LOL
Old 09-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have sweaty back with mine...In fact....When I jump in after being at the lake, they seem to dry very quickly. My last set were tight as a drum after 100K+ miles of my ass in them. The ones I have now are the same.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #7
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
Leather!!
Old 09-14-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
if its hot/humid out, and your windows are down, then yes you will get swamp back after a while.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #9
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Hold their shape? Yes they do.I've had mine for 2.5 yrs.The piping isn't worn either.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:18 AM   #10
Manlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManlaan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Manlaan's Tacoma Gallery
I've been running them since spring and I cant say I've noticed any sweaty back.

With my car with cloth seats/seat covers, on the hot days, I could guarantee I'd feel the chill from the breeze the second I step out of the car.

Its really just something I've never thought about with the WO because it never happens. Now that I think about it, even on days the truck is just way too hot to even be in after sitting in the sun all day, I've never noticed the seats being very hot at all, let alone sweating because of them.

I dont have any black or decals on my WO though, so maybe the dark seats and/or those with decals might have different experiences.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #12

Thanks for all your replies well I can say that the factory seat material does NOT cause sweat AND is stain and water resistant-how many times we have spilled on them over 10 years and they are still brand new. So-WTF on aftermarket stuff?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #13
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Thanks for all your replies well I can say that the factory seat material does NOT cause sweat AND is stain and water resistant-how many times we have spilled on them over 10 years and they are still brand new. So-WTF on aftermarket stuff?
I got the WO's because Im hard on seats. Going from a lake and right into the seat leaves alot of water on them. And there have been times, on a job site, I have been away from my truck, and caught in a sudden rain storm. Getting back to the truck gets alot of mud in it. Its nice taking the WO's off and seeing the seats still looking, and smelling like new
Old 09-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #14

Hey Chris yeah they make sense in your truck since you find yourself in more rugged scenery than I do (getting old) me and Rosie are looking for that comfort thing more than anything else so it's tough to decide but I digress
Old 09-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #15
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
Leather!!

Agreed...me got leather
Old 09-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #16
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
So am I to understand that the Toyota TRD seat covers make you sweat? I was gonna get me a set from CL for 4 $120.00. now im rethinking it. but also ouy here we get hot but at least its a dry heat, not that humid stuff you get on the east.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Hey Chris yeah they make sense in your truck since you find yourself in more rugged scenery than I do (getting old) me and Rosie are looking for that comfort thing more than anything else so it's tough to decide but I digress
You may want to see if someone local has them, and you can go for a ride....I think Wolfpack 5150 is in your neck of the woods...