Notices

Discussion: Toyota Tacoma LED Halo Projector Headlights - Black

View Poll Results: Like or dislike: 07-10 LED Halo Projector Headlights - Black
Like 132 64.08%
Dislike 74 35.92%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #21
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
I also have a set..I think 2nd gen. have 3 leds vertical..will this schematic work with mine?..i cant find any instructions on installing them.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:57 AM   #22
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
I think the vertical LEDs are the gen 1s. i could be wrong though
Old 09-18-2010, 08:00 PM   #23
Xx Ares xX is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Ssgt
Xx Ares xX's Tacoma Gallery
This is the final product. Let me know what you guys think
I added Blue parking lights and Putco yellow halogen fog lights

Old 09-18-2010, 08:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
I also have a set..I think 2nd gen. have 3 leds vertical..will this schematic work with mine?..i cant find any instructions on installing them.
I do believe it should work for you. The fourth LED will be the eye lid.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:09 AM   #25
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet View Post
I think the vertical LEDs are the gen 1s. i could be wrong though
Correct, if they look like mine they are first gens. The wiring diagram will work for you.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:30 PM   #26
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
okay so i also have the spyder lights but in chrome. they come plug and play with the black and white wires (leds) hooked up to rings. can u post pictures of where the rings for the leds get connected
Old 10-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #27
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
yeah...im kinda wondering about all those wires and what im connecting them to as well...though, i hadn't taken a real good look, litterally got them installed as it was getting super dark out, the next day we got 6 inches of rain...so, im still waiting for a nice sunny day off to finish up my project, hopefully tomorrow!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #28
tacomacho is on a distinguished road
tacomacho's Tacoma Gallery
What's the difference beetwin ccfl and led.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:06 AM   #29
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
nah makes it look like a rice rocket imo
Old 10-04-2010, 01:35 AM   #30
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
I dont like it at all, Just my opinion though.

Looks good on some sports sedans but trucks look silly with Halo and projectors.

Last I checked they are not legal in California because they are not DOT.

If you got pulled over that would be a stupid fix it ticket especially if you sold your stock lights.

I say just do a HID bulb and call it a day.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #31
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemicals View Post
okay so i also have the spyder lights but in chrome. they come plug and play with the black and white wires (leds) hooked up to rings. can u post pictures of where the rings for the leds get connected
Get some splice connectors and tap into the power that goes to your corner running lights. No diagram necessary. If they don't turn on instantly switch the wires, the polarity is backwards. Takes 5 min tops from hood up to hood down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomacho View Post
What's the difference beetwin ccfl and led.
LEDs are very dim, you can only see that they are lit up at night. CCFL are very bright, and glow during the day.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #32
ktrain71 is on a distinguished road
Name: kevin
ktrain71's Tacoma Gallery
those look really cool im interested .was thinking covers at 1 time but came across lights like yours and those are the ones i want.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:02 AM   #33
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
nah makes it look like a rice rocket imo
So do those tails you have imo..........
Old 10-14-2010, 06:45 AM   #35
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
can you post some photo that the HID shine to a wall? I want to see the cut off line of it.
If you're talking about the fogs and if he put H10 HID bulbs in the oem housings, there is no cutoff line other than what the bumper hole does because of them being recessed. There is no hood in oem fog housings.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
can you post some photo that the HID shine to a wall? I want to see the cut off line of it.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #37
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
okay so i installed the headlights today, havent hooked up the angel eyes yet but im either going to do them in 30 minutes or tomorrow. ill let u guys know how that part goes
Old 10-17-2010, 05:57 AM   #38
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Ares xX View Post
Check out my thread, "Discussion: Projector Headlight Lighting- Xenon(HID) vs. Halogen". good pictures of wall shots
How you like that latest version HALO light with HID install on it?
Also can I adjust the cut off line on the HALO?
Old 10-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #39
Banned
yo, so i wired everything up and i tried both the ren and the white wire with the blue stripe as the connector and i get no response with the leds, is their supposed to be a bridge between the power and ground wire?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #40
Banned
i got them to work!!! the quick crimp wasnt giving a connection so i had to shave the plastic off the wire

Products Discussed in this Thread