Dislike 74 35.92%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2010, 05:00 AM   #41
Xx Ares xX is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Ssgt
Xx Ares xX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTacoLuvr View Post
Where did you get those lights and do you have a product number? Those are saweet!
Thanks
AZ
Purchased at Dash Z Racing
05-10 Toyota Tacoma LED Strip Projector Headlights - Black (R8 Style)
Item #: PRO-YD-TT05-HL-BK
Cost: $235 + $135 for 8000k HID upgrade kit
follow link:
http://www.dashzracing.com/Lighting-...-p7694813.html
Old 10-21-2010, 05:50 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing103 View Post
How you like that latest version HALO light with HID install on it?
Also can I adjust the cut off line on the HALO?
1)personally, I like them very much. With a projector type headlight, you can have a much brighter light (HID) because the light is focused were you need it and out of the eyes of oncoming traffic.

2) Yes, you have a very wide range of adjustment: Best guess

Horizontal: R 30degree & L 30 degree
Vertical: U 20degree & D 20degree

The best result I got were from setting out a marker dead center of the truck at 30'. I overlapped the beams centered on marker and raised horizontal line to about 4-5' off the ground. I'll take some pictures later

If you don't alighn your lights correctly, you could suffer from dead spots in your line of sight. This will piss you off, turst me.

I also went with the yellow hallogen fog lights:
My understanding is that it is important for fog lights to be one color (rather than white, which is all colors) because the different wavelengths(colors) of visible light scatter off the fog droplets differently. This phenomenon is known as "dispersion," because the different colors of light in an image will separate from each other,causing the image to "disperse." If you illuminate the road with only one wavelength (color) of light, the images of the objects you see will still become somewhat blurry because of the scattering of light by the fog, but at least you won't have extra problems from dispersion. So, if we want to use just one wavelength of light, which wavelength should we use? It turns out that light with short wavelengths scatters more than light with long wavelengths (short to long: violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange, red). So, a long wavelength light will be best. There's another thing to consider, too: our eyes are not equally sensitive to all colors. It turns out that we are most sensitive to yellow and green light. So, our best compromise between sensitivity for our eyes and a long wavelength for least scattering is yellow light. R.B Jr., Ph.D.

There is alot of debate on the subject but this is just my opinion...
Old 10-21-2010, 09:00 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemicals View Post
i got them to work!!! the quick crimp wasnt giving a connection so i had to shave the plastic off the wire
Congratz

I didn't used the supplied quick connects, i went out and bought 16-14 AWG, Nylon Insulated Butt Connector Terminals, Blue;
Old 10-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #44
greasemonk is on a distinguished road

greasemonk's Tacoma Gallery
The headlights look pretty nice dude, I want to get some headlights similar to those for my taco sometime soon.

I was looking at these actually,
http://www.carid.com/2008-toyota-tac...ml#fullInfoTab

Has anyone bought these before? And does anyone pictures of these on a tacoma so I can get a better idea of what they look like?

Thanks guys, didn't think I should make a whole new thread just for my question
Old 10-22-2010, 05:53 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasemonk View Post
I was looking at these actually,
http://www.carid.com/2008-toyota-tac...ml#fullInfoTab
Has anyone bought these before? And does anyone pictures of these on a tacoma so I can get a better idea of what they look like?
Thanks guys, didn't think I should make a whole new thread just for my question

Follow these treads; some good info & pics to get you started:

How to install the halo led projector headlight
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lighting/24756-how-install-halo-led-projector-headlight.html

Angel Eyes Projector vs. Eagle Eyes Projector
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...projector.html

The lights you are refering are "Generation 2" or "Angel eyes" projector headlights. Hope that helps.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:13 AM   #46
RidinHigh
SmallTacoBigDream is a glorious beacon of lightSmallTacoBigDream is a glorious beacon of lightSmallTacoBigDream is a glorious beacon of lightSmallTacoBigDream is a glorious beacon of lightSmallTacoBigDream is a glorious beacon of lightSmallTacoBigDream is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Beau
SmallTacoBigDream's Tacoma Gallery
sub
Old 12-07-2010, 05:33 PM   #47
ZenkaiTaco is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
ZenkaiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
How did the light output without the HID upgrade compare to the stock housing?
Old 12-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #48

it was pretty good,

I have had one of the smaller LEDs burn out, not to happy about it, I still haven't called the manufature to see what they will do for me
Old 02-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #49
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
how did you get hid lights into the projector housing
Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #51
monstar. will become famous soon enough

Name: Raul
monstar.'s Tacoma Gallery
I like em. Guess im biased cause i have them on mine too...
Old 02-25-2011, 07:34 AM   #52
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
how did you get hid lights into the projector housing
Buy an H7 HID kit?....at least that's what bulb came in the Gen 2's.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:32 PM   #53
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
I think they look like made in china junk.
I think they are illegal.
I think it's silly that you think 8K wont void the warranty when 10K would. As if one illegal color is safer than another.

Sorry, but you asked what we thought...
Old 02-28-2011, 09:20 PM   #54
Canadian member
tacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the rough

tacomian devil's Tacoma Gallery
More looks of these beauties?

Shemicals,

I think these are the lights for me...

This photo is of your Daytime Running Lights only, right??

Any chance that you would be willing to post another couple of photos:

1. With the DRLs ON, and with one of the signal lights is flashing.
2. With the DIMS on and the turn-signal light is flashing.

Thanks!

Quote:
i got them to work!!! the quick crimp wasnt giving a connection so i had to shave the plastic off the wire

Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #55
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomian devil View Post
Shemicals,

Thanks!

yes sir. i will give me a day or two..
Old 03-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #56
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I have an extra set of these..........

I'm thinking of how to pull the projector with the halo out of it and do my own retrofit in this housing that I also have but not using....

And use an H4 instead of the H7 that came in the halo ones and black out the rest of the housing that the projector doesn't cover. That way there'd be lows and brights with single projector. Depends on how bored I get. Maybe use the oem chrome housing to try it and save the BLHM looking ones. I'd have to move the ballast over too that runs the halo but shouldn't be too crazy.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:42 PM   #57
Banned
are you willing to sell you ccfl extras?
Old 04-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #58
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
those look nice dude i got halos as well(sig pic...kinda)
i was thinking and might look into what LEDs the new bmws use, and try and get something like those for the rings outside the hi and low beam cuz right now as i read somewhere in this thread, they arent visible in the day, i think that would be awesome!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #59
Sconnie
mudthedoor has a spectacular aura aboutmudthedoor has a spectacular aura about

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
Why did you only do the driver side?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:12 PM   #60
Canadian member
tacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the roughtacomian devil is a jewel in the rough

tacomian devil's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomian devil View Post
Shemicals,

Thanks!
I finally ordered a DIY kit from TRS and some new assemblies off ebay.

It took me a LOT longer to build the lights and install them, but the light quality is excellent, and it was a cool experience to build them myself. Here is the final product. Feel free to check out my other photos on my profile if anyone is interested in the DIY projector headlight route...