Dislike 74 35.92%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2010, 05:52 AM   #1
Xx Ares xX is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Ssgt
Xx Ares xX's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Discussion: Toyota Tacoma LED Halo Projector Headlights - Black

I just purchased a set of 05-10 LED Halo Projector Headlights - Black (3rd Generation) with H3 8000k HID lamps. I wanted to post some pics and answer any questions.

Let me know what you guys think

Old 09-15-2010, 06:01 AM   #2
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Too busy if you ask me. I had Gen 1s and had the same issue. Wound up blacking them out, much nicer look.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
I like em! Is the halo very bright? i know with one of the models...maybe the first? it was very VERY dim, but another, i think the 2nd gen, was realllllly bright. I like these better than the 1st and 2nd gen, but if the halos are dull and not very bright, i'd get the 2nd gen for the brightness. Have any night time pics? or can you comment on if the halos are very bright or not?
Old 09-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #4

Passanger side - Stock bulb; Driver side - HID H3 8000k (blue)

Lights on

Parking lights on

Lights on

Parking lights on
Old 09-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #5
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
oh wow, those are nice! I like the driver side bulb, good choice! Do you know if the halos are CCFL or led? I can't really tell, but it doesnt really matter, they look super nice! Do you know, if the housing is slimmer/shallower than the stock headlights, that is, they dont go as far into the engine bay. Specially, where the driver side one goes towards the battery, is there more space with these from their backs to the battery, or is the space the same as it was with the stock headlights. Thanks for all the answers and the pics, GREAT looking head lights!!!
Old 09-16-2010, 05:41 AM   #6
thanks! Much appreciated!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:34 PM   #7

Driver's side bay(HID)

Passanger's side bay (stock)

HID cap mod

stock cap

stock connector to tacoma wire harness
Old 09-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #8
megillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shedmegillet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
megillet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to megillet
How does the quality of the housings compare to stock?
Old 09-17-2010, 05:33 AM   #9
Thanks for the pictures! It has been confirmed now with 100% certainty, that these are in fact smaller/slimmer/shallower than the stock lights. Hopefully when they come I can get them installed right away, and then fit the batteries in, and get everything hooked up! Thanks for all your help!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:52 AM   #10

I think it is of pretty good quality. It doesn't look cheap at all. Only time will tell if the seals will leak. I haven't washed it yet but I have driven it in the rain and no condensation.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:01 AM   #11
Worse case senario, if they ever do leak, you can seperate the lense from the housing, and put on a good quality sealent too. Just something to think about ^_^
Old 09-17-2010, 07:05 AM   #12
MSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MSUtacoboy's Tacoma Gallery
i like em, they were on my last vehicle before the tacoma. i had a BMW x5. i loved running just the angle eyes (parking lights) and the fog lights. i need to look into it for the tacoma.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonesTrumpet View Post
Thanks for the pictures! It has been confirmed now with 100% certainty, that these are in fact smaller/slimmer/shallower than the stock lights. Hopefully when they come I can get them installed right away, and then fit the batteries in, and get everything hooked up! Thanks for all your help!
Congratz!!! If you have any questions about wiring them up just let me know

Old 09-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #14
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
where did you purchase these? i have a 1st gen and have been looking for some hid converstions and/or halo projectors and connot find any...
Old 09-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUtacoboy View Post
i like em, they were on my last vehicle before the tacoma. i had a BMW x5. i loved running just the angle eyes (parking lights) and the fog lights. i need to look into it for the tacoma.

***Caution***

If you think you will be able to see the Angle eyes during the day you will be sadly disappointed. For as bright as they look in the night pics, they don't show up in the day. But that’s to be expected with refracted light off only 2 LED lights in each eye.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:59 AM   #16
MSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMSUtacoboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Ares xX View Post
***Caution***

If you think you will be able to see the Angle eyes during the day you will be sadly disappointed. For as bright as they look in the night pics, they don't show up in the day. But thatís to be expected with refracted light off only 2 LED lights in each eye.
you could see them on my X5
Old 09-17-2010, 08:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by davestaco View Post
where did you purchase these? i have a 1st gen and have been looking for some hid converstions and/or halo projectors and connot find any...
Dash Z Racing

http://www.dashzracing.com/Lighting-...orLanding/true

JUST FYI...

If you get the lights it will have a sticker that says no HID lights or you will void warranty. I checked and they mean over 10000k or 12000k. I purchased the H3 8000k conversion kit at a discount with my order and they said they are fine.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:10 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUtacoboy View Post
you could see them on my X5
Sorry should have clarified. You will not be able to see them on the Halo LED Projector Headlights for the Toyota Tacoma 05-10 that we are currently talking about. Again sorry for the confusion
Old 09-17-2010, 08:13 AM   #19
thanks for clearing that up
Old 09-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #20
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Ares xX View Post
Dash Z Racing

http://www.dashzracing.com/Lighting-...orLanding/true

JUST FYI...

If you get the lights it will have a sticker that says no HID lights or you will void warranty. I checked and they mean over 10000k or 12000k. I purchased the H3 8000k conversion kit at a discount with my order and they said they are fine.
thanks for the link.....

Products Discussed in this Thread