I use orange RainX washer fluid with no problems 41 50.62%
I applied regular RainX to the side and back windows with no problems 38 46.91%
The orange washer fluid sucks ass and created issues 1 1.23%
The regular rainX F'd up my side and back windows 3 3.70%
I use something better 8 9.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
Question Rain X

Hopefully I put this thread in the right place. History: I've used RainX washer fluid (orange stuff) in my previous vehicles with AWESOME results in my opinion. I talked the old man into switching to it a while back and he swears it causes small "pits" in the windshield. Not so sure about that, there is a lot of sand on the roads here. Anyway, before I make the switch in my brand new taco I want your opinions on the following poll questions:
  1. I use orange RainX washer fluid with no problems
  2. I applied regular RainX to the side and back windows with no problems
  3. The orange washer fluid sucks ass and created issues
  4. The regular rainX F'd up my side and back windows
  5. I use something better
Thanks for the input!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:04 AM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I hear ya on the pits. Just had my windshield replaced 2 summers ago and there are tiny pits all over it.
I just wax my windshield with carnuba paste.Seems to work for me pretty good.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
mine has pits......just used regular washer fluid. I think its unrelated.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #4
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I use the orange Rain-X. I like it. Does only seem to be totally effective at speeds 45+
Old 09-23-2010, 05:58 AM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
I just wax all of my windows when i'm waxing the truck, the wax pretty much does the same thing rain-x does.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #6
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
So wax on the windows has no negative effects like streaking when using wipers, etc? Might have to try that.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I have pits on my windshield also.

My husband put RainX on my windshield once about a year ago and the stuff is far gone by now.

I don't think the pits have anything to do with the RainX or anything to do with the washer fluid.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
So wax on the windows has no negative effects like streaking when using wipers, etc? Might have to try that.
nope.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #9
KaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shedKaBaL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KaBaL's Tacoma Gallery
I think they're unrelated as well. I've used normal RainX on all my vehicles for years, as well as my Taco since it was new. Haven't noticed anything, no pits, nor effects on the rear/side windows. Also use the wiper fluid - I swear by this stuff!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:50 AM   #10
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I use normal rain-x on both the car and the truck and I really like it. In the winter i find ice/frost doesnt stick (as bad) to the windshield either. No pits or anything here
Old 09-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #11
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
I have use regular rain x since I got the truck. I havn't noticed anything with the windshield or any other window.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #12
gunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant futuregunner_20 has a brilliant future

gunner_20's Tacoma Gallery
Used the orange since i bought the truck. Haven't noticed any pits on my window either
Old 09-23-2010, 01:11 PM   #13
Shack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shedShack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lane
Shack's Tacoma Gallery
I fill my washer fluid with the rain-x orange. It does work as advertised. My only complaint is that it seems to leave a dirty film on the blades that builds up and eventually leaves a mark on a dry windshield just as the wiper stops and retreats.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #14
Kernel is on a distinguished road
Kernel's Tacoma Gallery
I've used rainx on my vehicles with great results. That said, on the Taco I've switched over to Invisible Glass with the rain repellent. It seems to work just as well and is absolutely amazing as a glass cleaner.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:19 PM   #15
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Rain-X. Love it. I don't use anything else.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #16
ky taco
chopper is on a distinguished road

Name: chop
chopper's Tacoma Gallery
I use rainx on everthing I drive.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #17
futuretacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shedfuturetacoowner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: First Responder, Primary Care Paramedic, Advanced EMT
Name: Andrew
futuretacoowner's Tacoma Gallery
put rain x original on the outside and rain x anti fog on the inside
Old 09-24-2010, 06:58 AM   #19
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Sand and rocks cause pits.

I use rain x regular a year and add rain x additive to my washer fluid to maintain it. Works well!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #20
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
I fucking love rain-x!