Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Relentless Fab 05+ Front Plate Style Winch Bumper Review

Old 09-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
Relentless Fab 05+ Front Plate Style Winch Bumper Review

Thought I would write a little review on the Relentless Fab bumper I received a couple weeks ago from Eric. First of all, Eric was excellent at catering to my needs. I wanted this bumper built a specific way and he was able to do it all.

Installation was pretty easy. There were a few mods that I had to do such as cut the factory tow ring and shave some of the upper original bumper support down (thin piece of metal) but other than that it was pretty straight forward.

This thing is built like a freakin tank and the welds look really good and straight. Factory skid still works as well. The color is matte black and I had it powder coated. Fog lights are $18 Walmart specials and I plan to replace the 55w H3 bulb with a 100W PIAA or something similar. Still need to mount my Hella 4000's to the center. I will post pics when I do so.

Overall I'm very pleased with the product and IMO I think it's the best looking (and built) 05+ bumper on the market today. Please contact Eric for all your fab needs. I believe he builds sliders and will soon have a rear bumper for 05+ models.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...s-fabrication/

Now what you all have been waiting for

Old 09-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #3
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
looks good.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
Looks great!!
X2
Old 09-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed07NavyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3
Name: Josh
07NavyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i'm jealous.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #7
06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed06redtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06redtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i also noticed this in building my bumper from the front with the tires you can really see the taco lean with the aftermarket bumpers. looks great.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06redtacoma View Post
i also noticed this in building my bumper from the front with the tires you can really see the taco lean with the aftermarket bumpers. looks great.
Not sure if you are referring to my truck or not but my coilovers have been adjusted to account for the lean. The ground was slightly uneven in the pics.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #9
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
thats a great looking set up
Old 09-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #10
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I copied your side tubes off of the hoop

I plan on doing the same , with a slight modification
Old 09-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #11
Bsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud ofBsly862 has much to be proud of

Name: Nate
Bsly862's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking bumper! I really do like the tubes coming off of the hoop

Looks great
Old 09-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #12
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
cant wait to see it with the lights mounted
Old 09-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #13
francis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the roughfrancis1291 is a jewel in the rough
francis1291's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I would like to have an all pro bumper for mine but it is way to much money
Old 09-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #14
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
my favorite bumper.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
Looks just like the CBI bumper you had except with no logo cut out. Why have you switched front bumpers like 3 times already? Just curious.
Na looks a little different than the CBI. Comes down a bit more on the sides and lines up with the fenders instead of sticking out. Has holes instead of the CBI logo and it's one solid piece. I pretty picky with my crap and I just wasn't crazy about the CBI at all. Don't get me wrong, build and quality was top notch. Just not my cup of tea.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #16
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
looks heavy duty that's for sure.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #17
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:08 PM   #19
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmflyfisher View Post
Thought I would write a little review on the Relentless Fab bumper I received a couple weeks ago from Eric. First of all, Eric was excellent at catering to my needs. I wanted this bumper built a specific way and he was able to do it all.

Installation was pretty easy. There were a few mods that I had to do such as cut the factory tow ring and shave some of the upper original bumper support down (thin piece of metal) but other than that it was pretty straight forward.

This thing is built like a freakin tank and the welds look really good and straight. Factory skid still works as well. The color is matte black and I had it powder coated. Fog lights are $18 Walmart specials and I plan to replace the 55w H3 bulb with a 100W PIAA or something similar. Still need to mount my Hella 4000's to the center. I will post pics when I do so.

Overall I'm very pleased with the product and IMO I think it's the best looking (and built) 05+ bumper on the market today. Please contact Eric for all your fab needs. I believe he builds sliders and will soon have a rear bumper for 05+ models.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/rel...s-fabrication/

Now what you all have been waiting for
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Looks great!
Damn I love this bumper! Great work as always!

Do you have a lay-away plan like K-mart? I would like to buy one lol!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:40 PM   #20
stockplus is on a distinguished road
Name: L.J.
stockplus's Tacoma Gallery
Looks GREAT!

Thanks for posting the review + pics! I have a BSP AC too and it helps to see what this bumper is going to look like on my rig.