Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Leer 100XQ Cap (Paint Match Issue)?

Old 01-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
jmckay is on a distinguished road
jmckay's Tacoma Gallery
Leer 100XQ Cap (Paint Match Issue)?

I just purchased a Leer 100XQ Cap (their top of the line cap) and it doesn't match my truck. I have a 2009 Double Cab SR5 that is "Super White". It's a standard Toyota color and the cap came back significantly brighter white than my truck. Leer said they used the paint codes (040) associated with my VIN. My truck is only 1.5 years old with 14k miles and always garaged so I know that paint hasn't faded. Don't know if white is a hard color to match (more than others?) or not but all of the Leer ads show Tacomas with perfectly matched caps on them. Anyone ever run into this or have any issue with a paint match on cap from Leer?
Old 01-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
krudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura about
Marines: 9th Marines
Name: Ted
krudawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmckay View Post
I just purchased a Leer 100XQ Cap (their top of the line cap) and it doesn't match my truck. I have a 2009 Double Cab SR5 that is "Super White". It's a standard Toyota color and the cap came back significantly brighter white than my truck. Leer said they used the paint codes (040) associated with my VIN. My truck is only 1.5 years old with 14k miles and always garaged so I know that paint hasn't faded. Don't know if white is a hard color to match (more than others?) or not but all of the Leer ads show Tacomas with perfectly matched caps on them. Anyone ever run into this or have any issue with a paint match on cap from Leer?
I'd pick up some touchup paint at Toyota and see if it matches your truck. If it does, than its Leer's Problem with their matching process, if it doesn't, take your truck back to your dealer and ask them for an explanation.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
jmckay's Tacoma Gallery
Good idea. Will get on it. Thanks for the idea!
Old 06-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
can200 is on a distinguished road
Name: Court
can200's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good idea. Will get on it. Thanks for the idea!
What resolution did you get for this issue?
Old 06-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
jmckay's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up getting a full refund from the Leer dealer. They did offer to have it repainted and did - but it was a freaking nightmare. I had to remove my fuel door and give it to them so they could match the paint but the Leer factory then lost my fuel door. I had to order one from a body shop and have it painted to match the truck and Leer paid for it. When Leer re-attached the Thule rack rails to the top of the cap they didn't seal the threads/screw holes so water leaked into the carpet headliner of the cap. By that point my patience was shot so I asked for refund and they refused. Through a long series of phone calls and legal strategies...the Leer dealer gave me a refund and said he would get Leer to eat the cost. Nice cap but poor quality controls
Old 06-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
can200 is on a distinguished road
Name: Court
can200's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I ended up getting a full refund from the Leer dealer. They did offer to have it repainted and did - but it was a freaking nightmare. I had to remove my fuel door and give it to them so they could match the paint but the Leer factory then lost my fuel door. I had to order one from a body shop and have it painted to match the truck and Leer paid for it. When Leer re-attached the Thule rack rails to the top of the cap they didn't seal the threads/screw holes so water leaked into the carpet headliner of the cap. By that point my patience was shot so I asked for refund and they refused. Through a long series of phone calls and legal strategies...the Leer dealer gave me a refund and said he would get Leer to eat the cost. Nice cap but poor quality controls
I just had a cap put on and the color does not match very well, hmm. Thanks for your informative reply.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #7
tacoburrito is on a distinguished road
tacoburrito's Tacoma Gallery
picked up my cap on saturday and color was way off, also forgot locks on my windoors and the cargo net was put on wrong. they are building me another cap that is hopefully color matched this time and are letting me use the one i got on saturday until the new one comes in. what a pain in the ass
Old 01-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #8
Just a guy.
hitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shedhitmans.army is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Veteran
Name: Chris
hitmans.army's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm. My 100xq matched dead on, radiant red. Only 2 things I don't like, how much the back window leaks when it rains, let alone when I wash the truck. Took it to the dealer 3 times, but no change. And the poor hinge design which limits how high the window can go.