LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Rip Off Report XM Radio

Old 01-12-2011, 01:58 AM   #1
BartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of light
BartStar's Tacoma Gallery
Rip Off Report XM Radio

Just like to report my past dealings with XM Radio
I agree to subscribe after my free XM ran out, the price was $45 for 3 months, I was mailed a bill, paid it, then 3 months later recieved another bill, same price, paid it.
When the next 3 months came I never recieved a bill in the mail, then at the same time discovered that XM took an unauthorized payment of $65 from my checking account.
I called them and they claim I signed up for a for an automatic payment from my account, I didn't!
I asked for my money back, the best I can do is they pro-rated it since the time I had XM and only gave me back $22.
It made me mad when they started taking money from my account they raised it $20, and I know other people that have XM and they tell me they have been paying $45 for years, why did they raise the price on me?
Since then they keep calling me and offering me a $15 per month rate, they have been calling me so much in the past I reported them to the "Do Not Call List" and to the State Attorney General, and the calls stop.
I told XM I don't want to deal with them cause they ripped me off and I hate them, I don't care if they are giving it away for free I still won't deal with them!
http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/xm-radio.aspx
Old 01-12-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
Big Cat
Nine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to all

Nine Mile Style's Tacoma Gallery
I canceled my account with sirius a month ago and since then they have been calling me daily and been sending me mail trying to get me to agree to sign back up for $20 for 3 months. I told them tonight to put me on the do not call list and the damn lady said that she put me on the list but it would take at least 2-4 weeks for the calls to stop. They are a pain in the ass
Old 01-12-2011, 04:46 AM   #3
U no kea but AINOFEA!
kauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedkauaibuilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 66H now w/ PHS
kauaibuilt's Tacoma Gallery
Got a letter in the mail - $70/yr and waived activation fee (for any radio that I had) but I had to sign up for auto-deduction. Small print said that it was only for the first year and subsequent years would be at the regular price. After hearing all the bad stuff about XM I didnt do it.Kinda sad though, had XM w/ traffic and weather on my 1st gen w/ aftermarket stereo/gps and NEVER had a problem with it or cancelling but, from everything Ive seen/read, XM went cheap with customer service and it's all gone downhill. Not gonna even consider them until this gets fixed!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
Auto pay sucks. I will not do it with anyone. They all abuse it
Old 01-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #5
gfiber is a splendid one to beholdgfiber is a splendid one to beholdgfiber is a splendid one to beholdgfiber is a splendid one to beholdgfiber is a splendid one to beholdgfiber is a splendid one to behold

Name: Gary
gfiber's Tacoma Gallery
People in Washington State also had the same trouble up to XM and Sirrus NOT cancelling the subscription when asked to do so. The Washington State Attorney Generals Office is involved trying to get them to stop this practice. Seems so many places pull thios crap now days. I suspect they will do anything to keep funds flowing in. So far as ending a check, the account numbers are on the bottom, all anyone has to do is have those numbers and the banks required paper work to do a direct deduction. Any more I am leary of even using a personal check to pay some bills. I try to use my banks online bill pay service when I can.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:16 AM   #6
When I grow up I want to be just like Me
BRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRP27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BRP27's Tacoma Gallery
It is not just XM.

Dish is offering a "free" HD upgrade if you auto pay. They want $99 for the service if auto pay is not chosen. It is a big money saver for these companies to have customers use auto pay. They don't have to mail out bills and they dont have to manually enter the payment against your account. And if they did not "cheat" it would be good for the customer. But they do cheat.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
Big Cat
Nine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to all

Nine Mile Style's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfiber View Post
People in Washington State also had the same trouble up to XM and Sirrus NOT cancelling the subscription when asked to do so. The Washington State Attorney Generals Office is involved trying to get them to stop this practice. Seems so many places pull thios crap now days. I suspect they will do anything to keep funds flowing in. So far as ending a check, the account numbers are on the bottom, all anyone has to do is have those numbers and the banks required paper work to do a direct deduction. Any more I am leary of even using a personal check to pay some bills. I try to use my banks online bill pay service when I can.
No wonder why I had problems I live in wa
Old 01-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #9
BartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of lightBartStar is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by saulibiomd View Post
Got a letter in the mail - $70/yr and waived activation fee (for any radio that I had) but I had to sign up for auto-deduction. Small print said that it was only for the first year and subsequent years would be at the regular price. After hearing all the bad stuff about XM I didnt do it.Kinda sad though, had XM w/ traffic and weather on my 1st gen w/ aftermarket stereo/gps and NEVER had a problem with it or cancelling but, from everything Ive seen/read, XM went cheap with customer service and it's all gone downhill. Not gonna even consider them until this gets fixed!
I agree with you when you said "kinda sad though" cause I would LOVE to have the service but won't subscribe cause they ripped me off in the past!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #10
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Mile Style View Post
I canceled my account with sirius a month ago and since then they have been calling me daily and been sending me mail trying to get me to agree to sign back up for $20 for 3 months. I told them tonight to put me on the do not call list and the damn lady said that she put me on the list but it would take at least 2-4 weeks for the calls to stop. They are a pain in the ass

I canceled my subscription two years ago and they still call me and send me emails trying to get me to sign back up.

I didn't have any problems canceling mine. They actually credited me back the pro-rated amount since I paid a yearly lump sum.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I have no problem switching everything to paying online, but I draw the line at auto pay. I like to know exactly when something is getting paid. I actually still pay XM with a check one of few things I do. Make them send me a bill once a year and I pay it.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
James
jamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamesglynn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamesglynn's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to get an XM snap radio with some Christmas money a couple weeks ago. When I called XM to get all the small print and to activate a radio, I could not believe all the numbers they come back with. They were going to just rip me off, I will stick with my Pandora radio on my smart phone.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #13
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
IMO XM/Sirius isn't worth it. They play the same shit over and over again. I like variety in my music so I couldn't stand hearing the same 5 songs repeated over and over.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #14
mj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmj918 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Meg
mj918's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Mile Style View Post
x2!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #15
N.GA Taco x3 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
N.GA Taco x3's Tacoma Gallery
Had XM in a Murano, a hassle to try to cancel, called about 5 times and finally got a nice American girl that didn't put me on perpetual hold/then disconnect and was finally able to cancel the autopay. Never again. If you have a smartphone, just plug into auxillary or use one of the FM converters and play thru radio, use Rhapsody or Pandora through the phone, much better. And XM does play the same songs over and over.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #16
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
They called me said half off for one year
Old 01-13-2011, 10:53 AM   #17
Simms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimms65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: David
Simms65's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Simms65
I worked for Circuit City Roadshop when XM was first hitting the market and had an account before it was publicly available. I had signed up for autopay and everything, had the service for years until I got my Tacoma. Never had an issue until I tried to cancel in September. They auto debited me in September, I called CS, they said I'd get a refund. Twice now I've been left on hold for over an hour waiting for someone who could fix the problem and get me my refund. Both times at about the 90 minutes on hold mark I've gotten so disgusted I just hung up. At this point I've invested more of my time than the $60 they owe me is worth. I may have gone back one I replaced the stock radio, but not now. The CS is terrible, and I will be happy to tell anyone who asks my story.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #18
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
canceled mine too because of billing f*ck ups.

only thing I miss about it is having decent tunes while in BFE with no cell service.

(no cell service = no pandora)
Old 01-23-2011, 04:39 AM   #19
Do Not Call List

It works!, You can register up to 3 phone numbers
The calls will stop
If you do get calls, remind them you are going to report them to the "Do Not Call List"
Its very easy to report and they will follow up and report back to you that they did or did not take action against who you reported.
https://www.donotcall.gov/
Old 01-23-2011, 05:29 AM   #20
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRP27 View Post
Auto pay sucks. I will not do it with anyone. They all abuse it
My wife says the same thing.we do everything online but she sends payment when she wants to