Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Access Limited Tonneau (Lots of Pics)

Old 03-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #21
Thermonuclear Protection
478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed478DblSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

478DblSport's Tacoma Gallery
+1 rep to you sir. Referenced yours & 95SLE's write-ups and purchased an Access Roll Up cover from Truck Alterations http://www.truckalterations.com/html/tacomaworld.html. Very pleased with the product, dealer, and installation was simple thanks to y'all.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #22
Better to be a Smart Ass than a Dumb Ass
1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed1Biggerwoody is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: That Guy
1Biggerwoody's Tacoma Gallery
Great Post. Was thinking of getting Bakflip G2 but after reading your review, can't justify the extra $400. Thanks for all of the help.
Cheers
Old 04-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #23
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Great cover. I put mine on in December. No problems on install. Looks good. Operates as expected even in freezing cold upstate NY.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #24
KillTaker is on a distinguished road

KillTaker's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered an Access Limited this past Saturday through Truckalterations.com and Got it today (Tuesday). Great customer service, fast-as-hell shipping and a fantastic price.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:29 AM   #25
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Curious to hear follow up from all of you who installed this, how is it in the rain? Also, trying to compare the different Access products and I still can't figure out what the difference between the LE, the standard Rollup, and the Literider are??
Old 04-08-2011, 10:55 AM   #26
thedude is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Lucas
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
Curious to hear follow up from all of you who installed this, how is it in the rain? Also, trying to compare the different Access products and I still can't figure out what the difference between the LE, the standard Rollup, and the Literider are??
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...r-cover-2.html

There you go man, post #37. He has the best prices on those as well.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #27
opinions are like assholes; everyones got one.
TacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoSport's Tacoma Gallery
I got he Access Limited and very happy with it. No rain leaking in anywhere.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #28
rocketmantis is on a distinguished road
rocketmantis's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate you posting these instructions. I just installed mine and it looks great. I have no doubt reading this post saved me from some serious frustration during the install.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #29
KillTaker is on a distinguished road

KillTaker's Tacoma Gallery
Follow Up

So I've had the Access Limited on for about a month now. It's been through some nasty weather and it's held up great. A few SMALL drops of water at the corners by the tailgate but the gasket fixed that. 303 works great on this thing as well. The install was a breeze. Completed it myself in about 40 minutes. So far so good.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #30
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This post helped convince me to both buy an Access and to buy from Truckalterations. So for those of you who have ordered from Luke at truckalterations, the shipping was pretty fast? I ordered it saturday but there was a problem that got fixed yesterday, so I'm hoping I'll get it by the weekend so I can install on saturday.

For those of you who ordered the trailseal kit, how much (if any) extra is there after doing the tailgate? I bought the literider and I'm trying to figure out if I should just go to Homedepot and buy some rubber gasket before the tonno gets here for sealing the front, or if there will be enough extra to seal the front rail as well as the tailgate.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #31
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed mine, took me 2 1/2 hours because I stripped 2 of the stock bolts and had to use vice grips to get them out ...^%@#&^%@#&%^@$&^$@&^@$

Anyways, overall it's great for the price.. I got mine for $351.60 shipped to my door from Autoanything.com, however I don't like how high the rear of it sits and is a good half inch off of being flush with the tailgate, I tried lowering the bars like it recommended but because of the plastic on the tailgate it forces it up, almost exactly like how yours is in the picture.. It's driving me crazy right now, I will re-attack it again tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:31 AM   #32
cms is on a distinguished road
cms's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome thread! Just what I was looking for!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:08 PM   #33
shoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to behold
shoebag22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
I just installed mine, took me 2 1/2 hours because I stripped 2 of the stock bolts and had to use vice grips to get them out ...^%@#&^%@#&%^@$&^$@&^@$

Anyways, overall it's great for the price.. I got mine for $351.60 shipped to my door from Autoanything.com, however I don't like how high the rear of it sits and is a good half inch off of being flush with the tailgate, I tried lowering the bars like it recommended but because of the plastic on the tailgate it forces it up, almost exactly like how yours is in the picture.. It's driving me crazy right now, I will re-attack it again tomorrow.
This gap is what is keeping me from pulling the trigger on one of these covers... It looks cheap to me and it has to allow water to enter...
Old 09-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #34
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
Actually with the material that hangs down it only lets in dime sized puddles near the tailgate after going through the automatic car wash. I am very happy with it, and I've hauled stuff 5-6 times since I've installed it. The only thing I wish I knew before hand was that the bar near the cab takes up 3 inches of your bed space, and on a 5ft bed it pisses me off how many things are over 4'9" yet less than 5ft. (fridge, desk.. although a washer AND dryer will fit in the bed if they are turned sideways!)
Old 09-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #35
shoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to beholdshoebag22 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
Actually with the material that hangs down it only lets in dime sized puddles near the tailgate after going through the automatic car wash. I am very happy with it, and I've hauled stuff 5-6 times since I've installed it. The only thing I wish I knew before hand was that the bar near the cab takes up 3 inches of your bed space, and on a 5ft bed it pisses me off how many things are over 4'9" yet less than 5ft. (fridge, desk.. although a washer AND dryer will fit in the bed if they are turned sideways!)

i didn't realize it would take up bed space at the cab end... is this true for all access roll ups?
Old 09-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #36

It's minimal but I don't think there's a single tonneau that won't take up at least a little space near the cab.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #37
2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of2009Silver has much to be proud of

2009Silver's Tacoma Gallery
Pharmakon....

What camera did you use? Those pics are nice and crisp....
Old 09-20-2011, 03:06 PM   #38
What do the tailgate seals actual do? Is it to stop water from coming in directly in the tailgate gaps, or do they direct all of the water that the cover dumps off the back?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #39
Pharmakon will become famous soon enough
Name: Ronnie
Pharmakon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2009Silver View Post
Pharmakon....

What camera did you use? Those pics are nice and crisp....
Canon 50D with the "kit" lens (EF 28-135mm).

shoebag22: I think it's mainly to keep direct spray from entering. I tried to run it up under the side rail enough to help keep the run off out as well. I don't really have any water issues near the back though, just 2 small trickles up near the front in heavy rain.

Also just for an update, after 8 months I am still completely satisfied with this tonneau. It has held up great and works just as I need it to.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #40
dstefan is on a distinguished road

dstefan's Tacoma Gallery
Dust Sealing??

Can anyone with these covers report on how we'll they keep out fine dust?

I have a hard ARE Tonneau that I love, but am looking at going to a bed rack mounted on top of the bed rails to hold a roof top tent. My bed is very well sealed as is the tail gate, so the only place for dust to enter is the tonneau. The ARE is well sealed now, but I'm wondering how much dust I'd get with one of these?

I go a lot of sandy/dusty places in the Southwest with fine dust that can really penetrate.

Thanks!
David in Phoenix