Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Access Limited Tonneau (Lots of Pics)

Old 11-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #41
leeer1 is on a distinguished road
leeer1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for post

The pictures and link help me decide to get the Limited. Installed today and the pics help clarify any questions I had.

thanks for the info.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #42
SAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shedSAIRS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kelly
SAIRS's Tacoma Gallery
I just received mine from FedEx through Truck Alterations. So I used a t-30 torx bit and started to take the screws out of the rail....sure enough I stripped 3 of the bolts. I had the head of the torx bit firmly in, but the bolts were in their solid and the head stripped very easy.

so to get the stripped bolts out I need vice grips...then what? It doesnt seem like you have any room to rotate the screw enough to back it out.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #43
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the LiteRider on last week from Truck Alterations. Very happy with the service and the cover itself. So far 10x better than my previous Truxedo LoPro QT. Still need to figure out the weather stripping around the tailgate to make it perfect.

All eight side rail screws came off very easily on mine, but can see it would be a pain in the ass to get them out once stripped.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #44
LSUTaco is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Ordnanceman
LSUTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed my Access Roll Up cover.

There was a 3 inch cut on the cover when I received it in the mail. Access shipped a new cover as a replacement, but it didn't have none of the bars or black end pieces so now I have to removed all the pieces from the torn cover and install it on the new cover.

I had no problem using the T30 torx tip and the installation went good, but seeing that cut on the cover irks the shit out of me. I'm going to remove the old cover parts and install it onto the new cover here in a couple weeks when I get back from my road trip. I'm hoping it's as easy as installating it on the truck.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:13 AM   #45
Blevrock is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
Blevrock's Tacoma Gallery
Problems with the Access Literider?

Has anyone installed an Access cover and had issues with a bed extender? Would any Access cover be better or worse for the use of one of these? I just installed an extender on my pickup and Id like to still be able to use it.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #46
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just guessing but I'd think the low profile one might interfere with the extender. I have the literider and it's higher than the bed rails so wouldn't interfere.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #47
tacotime2012 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
tacotime2012's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

First post on Tacoma World! I've been reading alot of posts and getting alot of information from you guys. Thanks a bunch!

Over the last month or so, I've been troubled trying to decide which cover was best for me, and with the help of this forum I've finally narrowed it down to the Access Limited. At first I was thinking one of the soft or hard trifolds, but I didn't like the idea of having to remove it (although easy) from the truck if I needed the whole bed. Let's face it, a 5ft bed isn't much real estate! Thanks Pharmakon for the great writeup. I've also ordered from Luke at truckalterations and spoken to him as well. Got alot of good info from him!

I also liked that the Limited comes with a lifetime warranty. Can't beat that!

Thanks again everyone!
Old 07-14-2012, 09:56 AM   #48
TODEOTA is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 819th REDHORSE Squadron
Name: Jake
TODEOTA's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write-up. Looks like a good product. Unfortunate name though... "access limited".
Old 07-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #49
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up a used Loredo yesterday. Kinda dirty and needs treatment. So what do you use to clean a treat these covers? I see there are different products out there but can't seem to find anything specific for the Access brand. I know each manufacturer uses different materials so I was looking to find something specifically for the Access brand.

Bottom line is I don't want to just throw some leather treatment on there that may cause the material to stretch. Or do I not need to worry about this? I do think it needs some treatment to soften the material. It looks a little dull. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #50
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so after posting this I went and searched again and found this. http://shop.agricover.com/product/formula2cleaner So do any of ya'll use this or something else?
Old 07-30-2012, 11:27 AM   #51
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
I'm just guessing but I'd think the low profile one might interfere with the extender. I have the literider and it's higher than the bed rails so wouldn't interfere.
I have Access LiteRider and it does not interfere with OEM bed extender.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #52
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
The literide isn't low profile though.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #53

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
The literide isn't low profile though.
Oh man, I was supposed to quote Blevrock in my above response. I need to pay more attention.

Anyway as I said Literider does not interfere with bed extender, but as you said, LiteRider is not low profile, so Tonnosport, Vanish or Lorado from Access may or may not interfere. Idk...
Old 09-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #54
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
Had this on for over a year now and no complaints, haven't even had to adjust the tightness.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #55
Stingray is on a distinguished road
Stingray's Tacoma Gallery
Access 5' tonneau rail length

Hi guys. Brand new member here. I have a dc taco with 5' bed. My brother had a 6' bed on his taco. He upgraded to a tundra and gave me his access roll cover. Thinking about cutting the rails to use on my truck. Does anyone know the length of the rail for the 5' bed. My buddy is an auto upholsterer and he said he will shorten the cover for me. Thanks for your help.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #56
nevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nicenevenelestate is just really nice

Air Force: F-16 Avionics Tech 01-07
Name: Andrew
nevenelestate's Tacoma Gallery
Looking into getting one of these, one quick question. Have any of you that have the Access Limited cover noticed a change in MPG? Positive or negative? I have a 2012 access cab and have been avg-ing around 18.4mpg.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #57
Dave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud of

Army: MP
Name: Dave
Dave23487's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, I read through this and decided to get the Access Limited. Was all ready for the install with this guide, but unfortunately I stripped the second screw trying to get the stock CMS rails off... those of you that also posted this happening, how exactly did you get the stripped screw out of there?
Old 12-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #58
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
Vice grips and a shit ton of 1/8 turns.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #59
Dave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud ofDave23487 has much to be proud of

Army: MP
Name: Dave
Dave23487's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
Vice grips and a shit ton of 1/8 turns.
Sounds good thanks. I actually got some help from another member here and he recommended bolt extractors as another option.
As a side note, I got the other 6 screws out fine, you just need to expect them to be really well set and hopefully that can help anyone else avoid the stripped screws problem!
Old 12-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #60
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, at least two of mine stripped while doing it, turned into a longer job then I anticipated.