Installed my Access Tonneau today. I bought it from Truck Alterations tuesday late afternoon and it arrived this morning (Saturday).
It was pretty easy to install and took about 2 hours, including adding the "Trail seal" weatherstripping around the tailgate, and taking pictures along the way.
I know this has been written up before but I thought I would add another just because I wanted to.
Access Limited, 2010 tacoma short bed:
Nice Packaging. Heavy weight heat sealed plastic bags hold the parts. Notice above the box sealed with straps (unlike my running boards, which were hanging halfway out of the box because the tape ripped during shipping, but that's another install and a different vendor, so on with this one...)
Hardware included. Stainless would have been a nice touch, but for now I'll just keep an eye out for rust and change it later if I have to.
The first thing you have to do is remove the side cargo manaement system rails, for this you will need a Torx T-30 bit.
If you're careless, as I was, you might end up stripping one of the bolts while trying to remove it, if this happens there is just enough room for you to break the bolt loose with a standard pair of vise grips.
The longer bolts that come with the tonneau don't use the same Torx bit, they instead use a 5/32" Hex bit.
Heres the basic order for attaching the rails: Bolt with washer goes through the factory CMS rail, then through the tonneau rail, then the supplied spacer to your original mounting holes for the cargo rails. It would probably be helpful if you had a friend hold things for you, but since I was alone I found it easiest to start with one end, thread it in loosely and then do the opposite end before adding the middle bolts. Tighten them after you get all the bolts in.
Here's a couple of the rails after attachment:
Here's a pic to show how the cleat fits after installing the tonneau rails. they still work and there is room to tighten and loosen the cleat to move it, but you have to slide it on from the end of the rail rather than using the "push and turn" method of inserting a cleat. No big deal though, as you can just leave them on the rail for when you need them.
After installing both rails, set the tonneau near the cab with the front bar flipped up toward you (tonneau right side up, but front bar flipped upside down). In the picture you can see the silver nut that you bolt the tensioner to.
Thread the bolt that attaches the tensioner into the nut but don't tighten, repeat on the passenger side.
next flip the front bar with attached tensioners rightside up and slide it forward into position. once it is in place you can slide the tensioners out to line up the hole for the bolt that mounts the tensioner to the rail. install this bolt (both sides), then you can center the tonneau left to right and tighten the other tensioner mounting bolts in the front bar that you loosely threaded in a few steps back. (sorry for the lack of detailed photos during this part)
At this point you are almost done, now you just have to roll out the tonneau and check whether you have too much or not enough tension dialed in. The tonneau should be taught, without any sag and should thump like a drum when tapped. If it is too loose or too tight, roll it up and adjust the tensioners. took me 3 tries to get it just right. Also one of my tensioners was mis-threaded and stripped when I tried to adjust it, I will be contacting Access (Agri-cover) to see if I can get it replaced, but in the mean time I have a regular nut in it's place to keep things working.
Here are some shots of the cover on the truck.
For the trail seal I chose to go a slightly different way from the reccomended mounting position. here are a couple detail shots. It fits pretty snugly and looks like it will keep most of the water out. I will follow up with a reply the next time it rains...
Mounted the bottom piece upside down it seemed to be the best fit due to the location of the tape that sticks the gasket on. nice snug fit when the gate is closed too.
This is the part that took a lot of pondering. it looks as though the rails end in such a place that they will dump all of the water shed from the cover down the inside of the tailgate, I ran the gasket all the way up to the bottom of the rail to try to keep that from happening. I also have some left over gasket from the front seal, if what I have done doesn't work right I might have to use some of this to help shed the water away from the inside of the bed.
Overall my first impression of the tonneau is very good. The install was pretty straight forward and the quality seems good. To be nit-picky I think having a metal insert (for the thread) inside the tension adjustment knob would be a plus, as it would have prevented my stripping issue. Hopefully I won't have any problems getting that replaced. Stainless hardware would also be good, but I can't complain for the price of this thing, and that is something easily upgraded if I really had to have it.
Thanks for checking out my thread! I'll keep this updated as I get some use out of it.