Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

"Console Vault" Review & Info

Old 01-31-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
"Console Vault" Review & Info

Just got a Console Vault for my truck. I must say....for the amount of money you pay for it, it's WELL WORTH it. My original thoughts were..."It's too damn expensive!"

Well - when you get this thing and you pick it up and realize just how heavy it is.... you'll soon realize why it costs what it does. This little box weighs 9.5lbs!!
Very heavy duty and nobody is getting inside this thing without some sort of power tools.

I did a writeup with lots of pictures as I didn't see any detailed pictures or information about the Console Vault in my researching -especially not on a tacoma.

I have an ipod connection that I routed up into my center console. My husband had to mill a hole out of the vault and I had to cut a hole in the bottom of my console to route the cable up through into the vault. There's info (and pictures) on this as well.
Here's the writeup:
http://www.lieblweb.com/consolevault.html

Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
jemartin144 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
jemartin144's Tacoma Gallery
Thats pretty cool. I wonder if they have one that would fit in the storage box in the rear of the access cabs, at least then the storage unit would have a purpose.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
Noodle is on a distinguished road
Noodle's Tacoma Gallery
This was my first add on to my new truck. It's worth the money if you carry anything valuable such as a gun, electronics or cash. I can keep two pistols and a little ammo if I wanted to. I trust it to withstand anything short of a blow-torch. Go for the combo lock.