Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Extang (soft) Tri Fold Tonneau Install PICS (and quick review)

Old 02-02-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
acozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shed

acozzens's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Extang (soft) Tri Fold Tonneau Install PICS (and quick review)

I have a set of 23 walkthru pictures to help people shopping for or installing Tonneau Covers. I realize it's an oldy-but goody topic at TWorld but never wrong to have more helpful pics. The pics are from my 2006 taco 4d 5' bed.

In particular, I chose the Extang Tri Fold that I got right here thru this site's links. After about a year of ownership, I really love this tonneau. Rain / water in the bed is NOT a problem. I manually wash the truck, so not sure about car wash drive thru's. Install was pretty easy, and I love the folding action.

This tonneau solved many problems for me. The ONLY thing I would think about again is getting something that is not so razorblade ready for theft. But I think if someone wants your stuff, they can steal it hard top or soft. Basically, I think tonneau covers should be purchased based on your specific needs and situation which of course, vary from owner to owner

I didn't have a scan gauge before installing the Tonneau, so I can't speak to the great question of gas mileage. You'll have to watch the Mythbusters gas mileage episode and decide for yourself. For me, MPG was secondary. Part of this purchase was so I could at least get my golf clubs ( or other random items ) out of obvious sight. I hated shoving my wet clubs INSIDE my cab after a round of golf for clubhouse beers. With the tonneau, I can easily store all my equipment under the Extang safely go visit the 19th hole without having my cab smell like a football locker room.

Full Set of 23 images ( w/ light descriptions ) at Flicker

a few teaser pics:

Truck Tonneau Extang Trifold Install and Pics 21 by BooyaGadget, on Flickr

Truck Tonneau Extang Trifold Install and Pics 4 by BooyaGadget, on Flickr

Truck Tonneau Extang Trifold Install and Pics 17 by BooyaGadget, on Flickr
Full Set of 23 images ( w/ light descriptions ) at Flicker
Old 02-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
how long was the install?

great pics you posted
Old 02-03-2011, 12:43 AM   #3
acozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shedacozzens is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
how long was the install?

great pics you posted

thx tcBob..

Ehh, install was a couple hours while snapping pics and reading the manual.

i also forgot to mention I did get a free "tonneau tonic" with my order, and I did apply it. I'm a believer in the product ( or similar ). Ballpark similar to putting rainex on a windshield. But for a product like this it helps with rain/dirt etc. wipes off clean and still looks pretty much brand new after a year. A major note to that is that I have, and park inside a garage. 98% of the time, even at work.

AC
Old 02-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Mr Jackboots
gran torino is one of the sharper tools in the shedgran torino is one of the sharper tools in the shedgran torino is one of the sharper tools in the shedgran torino is one of the sharper tools in the shedgran torino is one of the sharper tools in the shedgran torino is one of the sharper tools in the shedgran torino is one of the sharper tools in the shedgran torino is one of the sharper tools in the shedgran torino is one of the sharper tools in the shedgran torino is one of the sharper tools in the shedgran torino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

gran torino's Tacoma Gallery
TWO HOURS.....what did you do have a beer between each step

Mine was on in 15 minutes.

I like mine alot, easy on and off when necessary.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gran torino View Post
TWO HOURS.....what did you do have a beer between each step

Mine was on in 15 minutes.

I like mine alot, easy on and off when necessary.

Yes..
And every project I do I tend to snap a lot of photos etc, so that I can share with the wonderful taco family.

I'm never in too much of a rush...