Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

rough country 3 inch suspension lift questions

Old 02-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
whiteboytoy05 is on a distinguished road
whiteboytoy05's Tacoma Gallery
rough country 3 inch suspension lift questions

I am looking into getting a rough country 3 inch supension lift. With that being said has anyone installed one there self. If so was it relatively easy? and how does the truck handle and ride? Also I was planning on running 33inch tires on 18inch wheels, would this give me enough room for to fit the tires with little or no trimming??
Old 02-08-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Robertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to all

Name: Levi
Robertocritser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboytoy05 View Post
I am looking into getting a rough country 3 inch supension lift. With that being said has anyone installed one there self. If so was it relatively easy? and how does the truck handle and ride? Also I was planning on running 33inch tires on 18inch wheels, would this give me enough room for to fit the tires with little or no trimming??
i have it installed, i dont think it rides well at all, and it tends to jump accross the road haha. and i am rubbing with a 32 in tire. 275/55/20
Old 02-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
Thanks Robert I appreciate the info, did you do any trimming to try and stop the rubbing? or is it not that bad?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers are going to give you a pretty rough ride. You will definately need to trim some plastic to fit 33's. Some even have to chop the cab mount.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
Robertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to allRobertocritser is a name known to all

Name: Levi
Robertocritser's Tacoma Gallery
i havent trimmed it yet, it hasent bothered me enought. but when it comes to new tires i more than likely will to fit wider tires
Old 02-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #6
Okay thanks again for the info. KPT what lift do you have?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboytoy05 View Post
Okay thanks again for the info. KPT what lift do you have?
Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75"

More info in my build.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:41 AM   #8
Nate7747 is a jewel in the roughNate7747 is a jewel in the roughNate7747 is a jewel in the roughNate7747 is a jewel in the rough
Air Force: Medic/Prior Security Forces
Name: Nathan
Nate7747's Tacoma Gallery
Rough Country says you dont need spring compressors, but its a bitch without one, it took me and a friend using a tie down to crank on the sping to get it back in place. I hate this lift and will replace it as soon as I get my tax return. You will not be able to the a proper alignment without new UCAs, and I doubt you will get the tires to fit without some trimming.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #9
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate7747 View Post
Rough Country says you dont need spring compressors, but its a bitch without one, it took me and a friend using a tie down to crank on the sping to get it back in place.

Are you sure they didn't say you don't need a spring compressor for their top plate spacers, but you do for the coil spacers?
Old 02-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #10
Nate7747 is a jewel in the roughNate7747 is a jewel in the roughNate7747 is a jewel in the roughNate7747 is a jewel in the rough
Air Force: Medic/Prior Security Forces
Name: Nathan
Nate7747's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I even called them to ask a second time and they said that it was a simple install and I would not need one. They guy on the phone sounded pissed off that I would even call to ask questions. I would never buy fro them again, its a crappy kit in my opinion for what it cost. Rear blocks and shocks were strait forward though, not a single problem there other than what they say in the instructions is a 19mm nut on the U bolts is actually a 21mm, and since I didnt have anything over a 19 I had to make a trip to the store, on foot since the truck was taken apart.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #11
Taco R/C is on a distinguished road
Taco R/C's Tacoma Gallery
I bought this kit and really like it. Me and a friend installed it in about 6hrs in my garage. My truck aligned perfectly. I didnt have to have a coil compressor. Just removed the coil assembly put the spacer on top and put it back in...
Old 10-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #12
Taco R/C is on a distinguished road
Taco R/C's Tacoma Gallery
And i'm running 265/70R17 tires with no rubbing. That's only a 32" tire though.