Notices

Tacoma topper recommendations

Old 02-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
ajwtacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: allen
ajwtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma topper recommendations

Hey all,

I have a 2010 tacoma access cab and I am now on the market for a topper. My needs have surpassed the OEM bed toolbox (anyone in the market for a toyota toolbox seattle/tacoma area washington, lets make a deal!)

I would love to hear your opinions on toppers, what you like/don't like about yours. Models that you think are best?

I really like are's win-door option. has anyone experiences issues with leaks with this model?

This is the link that got me started on my research: http://www.bajataco.com/Camper1.html ideally looking for at least vented side windows, rails on the top for a rack, and something that looks good with the tacoma styling.

Pictures would be much appreciated along with your opinions!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
cooleronline is on a distinguished road

cooleronline's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on my third ARE cap, and obviously pleased with the quality. I have the MX series on my Tacoma, and my only complaint is the single "T" door handle. My previous cap - a CX series - had a double T handle, which is more secure. I also had a Z series, which has a completely different type of handle. It is the most secure becuase you can't grab it and pull really hard to open the locked door.
Attached Thumbnails
Tacoma topper recommendations-tacoma.jpg  
Old 02-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #3
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
I love my leer signature
Old 02-24-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
ARE "Z" series is what I finally went with. I like the beefed up hinden hinge/door lock/latching system the Z series comes with. Do a search on this topic and you will find plenty of options.