Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Anyone have these seat covers?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2011, 11:22 AM   #41
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by siskiyou blues View Post
Despite being cheap and ugly do you think it will do a reasonable job of protecting the front of the seats? Mainly from muddy dog paws?
The back seat cover looks like it'd cover the whole back seat but I didn't put them on because If I wasn't going to keep the fronts then I wasn't going to even try the back seats but it looks like i'd cover it all
Old 03-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #42
xpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xpert1111's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckdan View Post
Now that we have determined that these cheapos suck...anybody tried these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...Q5fAccessories
They look OK but I am not so sure about covering my better looking seats with plain grey ones.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #43
tpsky is on a distinguished road
tpsky's Tacoma Gallery
Hummmm...they look pretty good. You don't get much for $50.00...maybe you should be the beta tester!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:20 PM   #44
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Come on guys. They are seat covers for $50. What did you expect. You spent almost or more than $30k for your truck. Spend the extra money and get something you'll be proud of and actually like.

Or buy a dog hammock for the back seats.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #45
xpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxpert1111 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xpert1111's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
Come on guys. They are seat covers for $50. What did you expect. You spent almost or more than $30k for your truck. Spend the extra money and get something you'll be proud of and actually like.

Or buy a dog hammock for the back seats.
Man I hear ya but $400+ for seat covers on a brand new truck is killing me
I might just wait till they get so dirty b4 I buy covers
Old 03-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #46
siskiyou blues is on a distinguished road

Name: Carl
siskiyou blues's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpert1111 View Post
Man I hear ya but $400+ for seat covers on a brand new truck is killing me
I might just wait till they get so dirty b4 I buy covers
I hear you man.

Well I ended up buying the seat covers from tacoguy for shits and giggles, I'll get in the mail this week. I'm planning on upgrading once I can afford it, but until then I'll try to make this work.
Too bad they don't protect the whole seat as well as the more expensive options but it protects the parts most likely to get torn up and will be better then nothing.
I'll post here when I put em on.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:15 PM   #47
Super Stroked is on a distinguished road
Super Stroked's Tacoma Gallery
Look pretty good, how .

My opinion on the best seat covers is marathon. www.marathonseatcovers. c o m They aren't leather, but as far as durability and all that for a seat cover, they are the best out there in my opinion. I've had them on my ford superduty for over 4 years and they still look great and fit great. Lot cheaper than wet okoles
Old 08-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #48
usmc0311 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
usmc0311's Tacoma Gallery
fh group deluxe leather covers $70

2011 tacoma with fh group deluxe leather seat covers, not bad for the price.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone have these seat covers?-img_1010.jpg  
Old 08-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #49
Techy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
In my experience with seat covers you really get what you pay for. Most only last a year. I just installed my new superhides by marathon. They are bomb proof and I purge them to wet okle because they are more durable and you don't have the back sweat issues you have with wet okle. I will put up some pics when I get a chance.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #50
Techy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTechy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Techy's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some to check out.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...at-covers.html

Old 08-09-2012, 10:30 PM   #51
RadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant futureRadSurfTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
RadSurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
$30k truck, $50 seat covers? All you have to do is go into autozone or pepboys or whatever and see all the seats covers there, they are almost identical to all the other cheap seat covers sold. Think about the material, how much is paid for labor, shipping, etc...you tend to get what you pay for in most circumstances.
Old 05-24-2014, 01:41 PM   #52
tacomaniac81 is on a distinguished road
Name: salvadorean
tacomaniac81's Tacoma Gallery
Ok guys i been looking for a spesific thread about this fh group seats but in my case i wanted to see what the solida black sport seat for my 05 tacoma,well since i could not find a thread or youtube video tolp me make a desition i went ahead and bought them since they are only $42 on ebay,well received them yesterday and installed them today,i have to say i am really impressed with how good they turned out to be ,specially for being cheap cover $42 vs$600 wet okole..anyways i will be taking pics today and as soon As i can figure out how to ulpload my pics i will,or i will be glad to email them ,i been doing few things such as plasti dip color matching headlight eyelids and black plasti dip bumper bottom..pics coming soon
Old 06-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #53
Old 06-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #54
Upsssss sorry wrong pic on the first one.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:43 PM   #55
TrippTheGreat
BehindUranus is on a distinguished road

Name: Tripp
BehindUranus's Tacoma Gallery
Im highly considering Cover Kings atm in the Kryptek Thypon camo print located here http://www.carid.com/2002-toyota-tacoma-seat-covers/coverking-camouflage-seat-covers-16381241.html

Ive been looking for / considering seat covers for a while now and this thread was an interesting read. Anyone have opinions on CoverKings? This is the CoverKign site link as well with the Kryptek on the seats http://www.coverking.com/custom-seat...s/kryptek.html

Let me know,
-BU
Old 07-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #56
MichaelinTn is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
MichaelinTn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindUranus View Post
Im highly considering Cover Kings atm in the Kryptek Thypon camo print located here http://www.carid.com/2002-toyota-tacoma-seat-covers/coverking-camouflage-seat-covers-16381241.html

Ive been looking for / considering seat covers for a while now and this thread was an interesting read. Anyone have opinions on CoverKings? This is the CoverKign site link as well with the Kryptek on the seats http://www.coverking.com/custom-seat...s/kryptek.html

Let me know,
-BU

I have Cover King ballistic grey in my 2014 standard cab. The only negative response I have is that the method of securing the seat back does not take into account the wiring harness for the side air bag. I noticed when I was installing the seat covers that there is a plastic shield running up the back of the seat (bench seats) in my truck. This plastic shield I take it is there to ensure that the wiring harness does not get damaged in everyday use of the vehicle. I left it in place and, because of this I was unable to secure the Velcro strip which is supposed to keep the seat back cover in place. This was mildly disappointing but, the cover fits tightly enough that it has not been an issue.

Other than this mild oversight by Cover King, and the length of time I had to wait for delivery ( It took six weeks) I am very pleased with my seat covers. They match the interior of my truck so well that unless I point out that I have seat covers no one even gives them a second look.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #57
Ummmm...for the prices they run,am not sure if i would pay that much,to be honest i was also looking for the perfect match to my truck interior,and when i bought the cheap covers i thought i may regreat them,but surprisingly they fit so good i was even impressed,now i have to say i can only bouch for the ones i bought and not for the other seat cover made by this company,ohh and they do come in diff colors..
Old 07-15-2014, 10:40 PM   #58
TrippTheGreat
BehindUranus is on a distinguished road

Name: Tripp
BehindUranus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelinTn View Post
I have Cover King ballistic grey in my 2014 standard cab. The only negative response I have is that the method of securing the seat back does not take into account the wiring harness for the side air bag. I noticed when I was installing the seat covers that there is a plastic shield running up the back of the seat (bench seats) in my truck. This plastic shield I take it is there to ensure that the wiring harness does not get damaged in everyday use of the vehicle. I left it in place and, because of this I was unable to secure the Velcro strip which is supposed to keep the seat back cover in place. This was mildly disappointing but, the cover fits tightly enough that it has not been an issue.

Other than this mild oversight by Cover King, and the length of time I had to wait for delivery ( It took six weeks) I am very pleased with my seat covers. They match the interior of my truck so well that unless I point out that I have seat covers no one even gives them a second look.
Do you have any photos by chance? Id really like to see them in an actual application other than the web lol.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #59
MichaelinTn is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
MichaelinTn's Tacoma Gallery
Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindUranus View Post
Do you have any photos by chance? Id really like to see them in an actual application other than the web lol.

I finally got some pics of the CoverKing seat covers.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone have these seat covers?-seat-covers.jpg   Anyone have these seat covers?-close-up.jpg   Anyone have these seat covers?-center-seat-belt.jpg   Anyone have these seat covers?-side-air-bag.jpg  
Old 08-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #60
WarEagleTacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Tracey
WarEagleTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
By far the best seat covers on the market are from www.coverking.com if you ask me. My wife has a 2008 4Runner with 117k and seats look brand new and hers are waterproof for trips to the lake and beach with the dogs. You wont be disappointed but they are a little expensive.

Products Discussed in this Thread