Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Seafoam Motor Treatment: The Short Review

Old 03-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
Seafoam Motor Treatment: The Short Review

Application: 2001 Tacoma (150k Miles), 2000 Mazda Protege

Procedure: 150ml (1/3 Can) through brake booster air line, rest of can in full gas tank

Pros: Easy to use, smoothed shifting a bit, cleaner idle.

Cons: None

Price: $12.96

Would I Buy Again: Yes

Vendor: Lordco
Old 03-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Now if I could make a rig that fogged it in before the throttle body, it would be liquid gold. The booster line goes to the intake, if I remember correctly, which neglects to clean the rest of the induction system further upstream.
Still a good product. I just need to cobble something together for a small, low volume fogger...
Old 03-02-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Cornelius Fire Department and Metro West Ambulance
Name: Robert
06TRDZombieHunter's Tacoma Gallery
Its only like 6 dollars here in Portland.. thats a big price differance.

I did it on my 06 Tacoma with about 65K and my girlfriends 96 Civic with 180K and smoothed the idle and all that just like you said. Great stuff in my opinion...

Girlfriends car smoked like hell for like 15 mins of driving and my truck gave a couple poofs and then was clean . . Cleaner engine with lower miles? I dunno
Old 03-02-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
its $12 also in alaska.. shipping is a bitch! but its great stuff also!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, it's about $9 per can at Wal-Mart.

I've used it before in the tank and vacuum hose. Got a smoother idle out of it.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
Now if I could make a rig that fogged it in before the throttle body, it would be liquid gold. The booster line goes to the intake, if I remember correctly, which neglects to clean the rest of the induction system further upstream.
Still a good product. I just need to cobble something together for a small, low volume fogger...
We made one with an inline fuel petcock and some fuel line. Works great.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing about seafoam sounds like it could be good for anything in your engine... Just watched a lot of youtube on it. I'm skeptical...
Old 03-02-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
love seafoam. i use it on everything.........trucks/cars/lawn mowers/golf carts. it simply works.

berryman b12 chemtool also works good, but moreso in cleaning gummed up carburetors from lawn mowers and such.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #9
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
I was literally reading a old thread on this I really wanna do this but I dont know where the vacuum line is and I dont know what is the most effective way of doing anyone help me out ???
Old 03-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #10
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post
I was literally reading a old thread on this I really wanna do this but I dont know where the vacuum line is and I dont know what is the most effective way of doing anyone help me out ???
This thread is a good read:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...0-seafoam.html

Post 7 has vacuum hose location.

Run engine to get it nice and warm before the procedure.
You can easily disconnect that hose from the brake booster (round black thing on the driver side firewall). It'll be sucking air and the engine will continue to run. I measured out 1/3 of the can in a glass measuring cup and SLOWLY poured it in while my friend gave it gas to about 2000 rpms so it doesn't stall.

Then the truck was turned off for 10 minutes, then I took it for a drive.

I followed the instructions on the can and on the official website.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/how-to-u...treatment.html
Old 03-13-2011, 08:48 PM   #11
krudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura about
Marines: 9th Marines
Name: Ted
krudawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimDigg View Post

Application: 2001 Tacoma (150k Miles), 2000 Mazda Protege

Procedure: 150ml (1/3 Can) through brake booster air line, rest of can in full gas tank

Pros: Easy to use, smoothed shifting a bit, cleaner idle.

Cons: None

Price: $12.96

Would I Buy Again: Yes

Vendor: Lordco
I don't believe it. Nothing works better that frequent oil changes and maintenance by Toyota( or your favorite garage) every 30k. Most Gasoline has additives to keep your injectors/carbs clean and the valves from loading up with carbon. Believe me guys, this stuff is expensive snake oil.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #12
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudawg View Post
I don't believe it. Nothing works better that frequent oil changes and maintenance by Toyota( or your favorite garage) every 30k. Most Gasoline has additives to keep your injectors/carbs clean and the valves from loading up with carbon. Believe me guys, this stuff is expensive snake oil.
I imagine you've never used it, if you're making that statement.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:06 PM   #13
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMatt02's Tacoma Gallery
just used it on my 1994 infiniti q45 with 134k. put about have can in vacuum line, waited 10 min.. smoked liked hell for a good 5 mins. Didn't notice any difference afterwards... . still have rough idle and jumping rpms.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #14
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMatt02 View Post
just used it on my 1994 infiniti q45 with 134k. put about have can in vacuum line, waited 10 min.. smoked liked hell for a good 5 mins. Didn't notice any difference afterwards... . still have rough idle and jumping rpms.
lol It's not like it performs a tune up and adjusts your timing. Just cleans the internals a little.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:12 PM   #15
moe1967 is on a distinguished road
moe1967's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Go run the shit out of it.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #16
Banned
TacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMatt02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
lol It's not like it performs a tune up and adjusts your timing. Just cleans the internals a little.
when did i ever say it did buddy? on the can it says smooth's idle and steady's rpms. just saying it didn't do that for my particular vehicle.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #17
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
when did i ever say it did buddy? on the can it says smooth's idle and steady's rpms. just saying it didn't do that for my particular vehicle.
Yea, and it does. But if you have a stretched timing chain or plugged injectors where it can't go through, then it's not going to do a whole hell of a lot.

Additionally, your first question makes no sense, buddy. When did you say what did what?
Old 03-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #18
Banned

you said "it's not like it performs a tune up and adjust's your timing", and i said when did i ever say that it did. can you not comprehend english????? probably is a dead injector but I gave it a try, and was stating it didn't work for me. Sorry you get all butt hurt over the fact that I said it didn't work for my vehicle.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #19
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you said "it's not like it performs a tune up and adjust's your timing", and i said when did i ever say that it did. can you not comprehend english????? probably is a dead injector but I gave it a try, and was stating it didn't work for me. Sorry you get all butt hurt over the fact that I said it didn't work for my vehicle.
you mad bro? you said you dont believe it because it didnt work on your beater. Ry said it isnt a tune up in a can and you say when did i say it was.. NOW you're asking if he can comprehend English?

holy shit bro you're saying you probably have a dead injector yet expected seafoam to cure it?

you're dumb dude you should probably go rethink this forum thing
Old 03-14-2011, 05:18 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmonkey View Post
you mad bro? you said you dont believe it because it didnt work on your beater. Ry said it isnt a tune up in a can and you say when did i say it was.. NOW you're asking if he can comprehend English?

holy shit bro you're saying you probably have a dead injector yet expected seafoam to cure it?

you're dumb dude you should probably go rethink this forum thing
you feel better now after giving your buddy a reach around??? your the dumb one misinterpreting my statement, re-read you f'n tard. I never said I didn't believe it, I was just seeing if it would maybe treat my problem. I didn't know whether I had a dead injector or not.