Wet Okole 39 54.17%
Leather 33 45.83%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #21
thedude is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Lucas
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm going to get these. Just so damn hot in the summer in AR. Wish you could get them cooled too like on the F-150 seats.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #22
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Those look great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi7Taco View Post
I have WO (for 2 years now) and have never

seen the leather ones in person, only here on TW.

The leather look amazing, but I love my WO (they also look very good). They are very comfortable, have a nice thick pad for you butt as well. I can jump in my truck after snowboarding all day in a storm, being covered in snow and not worry about my seats getting ruined, or go hit the beach and not have to dry off first before leaving. Also, my dog loves them, easy to clean (spray some cleaner and rub in with wet cloth), easy to install (take the front seats out), they work for me

Front

Those look great
Back
Old 03-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #23
Resident MMA Fanatic
SlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimDigg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlimDigg's Tacoma Gallery
Lovin' my WO so far. Been installed since November.

Seat heaters was the best decision I ever made. I figured since I was spending 500+ I might as well get the heaters. I also like the fact you kind of slide in and out of the truck, especially with basketball shorts.

In the end shipped to canada it cost $650.

Before:

After:

and a crappy one of the back seat:

Old 03-17-2011, 11:19 AM   #24
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
These leather seats look badass... Of course they are $1100
You can prob get a set like that for $800 or so through John Huey in the GB going on.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #25
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
You can prob get a set like that for $800 or so through John Huey in the GB going on.
Man I wish, I looked at the group buy and crunched the numbers - $1100. The two tone, emboridery, perforation, and heat pads add up. Just a basic plain leather package might be around $800.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:34 AM   #26
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
oh yeah the heaters. well how much would a set up like that cost for WOs?
Old 03-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #27
TOYWERX
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
I assure you, the WO install is much easier if you remove the seats.

I like my WO's, but I have seen the leather in homerTacos truck and really like that too. Depends on your preference. If you live in a colder climate, get eh heaters no matter which one you choose.
Awww... Thanks John!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Any good custom leather is gonna run you in the neighborhood of a grand, plus a couple hundred more if you pay a shop to install it.
mine was under $600.00 start to finish.
I lucked out on finding the Exact kit I wanted at a kick ass price. I got the heated seat kits from eBay and had a friend with an embroidery shop do the logos on the seat backs.
Props to Andrew for the leather GB
If I did not use my truck primarily for work, I would have gone the WO route.
And that's coming from the guy who posted the DIY Leather Thread.

It all depends on your preference and use of your truck.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:56 PM   #28
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
oh yeah the heaters. well how much would a set up like that cost for WOs?
WO with logo, two tone ect. are about $450-500. Not sure if you really need heaters with them or not, but I wouldn't have leather without it.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #29
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
mine was under $600.00 start to finish.
Right, because...

Quote:
I lucked out on finding the Exact kit I wanted at a kick ass price.
and

Quote:
had a friend with an embroidery shop do the logos on the seat backs.
and installed it yourself.

Not saying it can't be less. Giving the ballpark average for purchasing retail. I'm assuming everyone knows they can/should deal-hunt.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #30
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
Where do you guys buy your WO when there isn't a group buy?
You can still buy from WO regardless of a group buy or not.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #31
GP100 is a jewel in the roughGP100 is a jewel in the roughGP100 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Paul
GP100's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered front and back seat covers for my access cab, one map pocket, one gun pocket, in Realtree AP camo for 430 total. Not too shabby
Old 03-21-2011, 08:37 PM   #32
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Heres my input, had the WO's for about 2 years now. (I headed up a group buy when i got mine so needless to say, i got one hell of a deal...)

To start off, I installed mine in the summer time in south alabama humidity and heat. Yes, they do make your back sweat more than stock seats. However, they are not cold in the winter and scolding hot in the summer like leather will be. also, i spilled a ton of transmission oil on mine (don't ask) and it cleaned right out.

Cleaned them for the first time last month in about 1.5 years with a handheld carpet shampoo vacuum with just hot water and they came out looking brand new. To give you an idea of how dirty they were, my shedding dog rides in the cab and when i hit the mud, i usually leave the windows open anyways.

so the question arises, leather or WO. Would I pay full price for either? no, but having had vehicles with leather and the WO's in this truck, I would much rather have the WO's. I'll never buy another vehicle with leather again. I hate the way it wears on the driver seat after a few years. So if you're getting some, get the WO's for sure.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:13 AM   #33
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
Heres my input, had the WO's for about 2 years now. (I headed up a group buy when i got mine so needless to say, i got one hell of a deal...)

To start off, I installed mine in the summer time in south alabama humidity and heat. Yes, they do make your back sweat more than stock seats. However, they are not cold in the winter and scolding hot in the summer like leather will be. also, i spilled a ton of transmission oil on mine (don't ask) and it cleaned right out.

Cleaned them for the first time last month in about 1.5 years with a handheld carpet shampoo vacuum with just hot water and they came out looking brand new. To give you an idea of how dirty they were, my shedding dog rides in the cab and when i hit the mud, i usually leave the windows open anyways.

so the question arises, leather or WO. Would I pay full price for either? no, but having had vehicles with leather and the WO's in this truck, I would much rather have the WO's. I'll never buy another vehicle with leather again. I hate the way it wears on the driver seat after a few years. So if you're getting some, get the WO's for sure.
Thanks for the info. I use ac when it's hot as hell anyway so that shouldn't be a huge issue. I like the looks of leather but very true about it being hot in the summer and cold in the winter. And they do look like crap when they wear out. Are WO more comfortable than stock seats?
Old 03-22-2011, 06:23 AM   #34
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
wet okole because leather is for luxury vehicles

or computer chairs
Old 03-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #35
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
Thanks for the info. I use ac when it's hot as hell anyway so that shouldn't be a huge issue. I like the looks of leather but very true about it being hot in the summer and cold in the winter. And they do look like crap when they wear out. Are WO more comfortable than stock seats?
they add a little more cush.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #36
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
My leather was $1000 OTD installed... here in Cali (everything costs more in Cali)

I could have done it myself and saved $300 but I had better things to do

I couldn't get myself to spend $500 on seat covers not made of leather
Old 03-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #37
Aggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud ofAggie97 has much to be proud of

Name: Daniel
Aggie97's Tacoma Gallery
Love my tan leather...

Old 03-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #38
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFun View Post
For example, I spilled a Big Gulp all over my passanger seat and center console. I got home and used paper towels to clean up the seats and they were good as new. The WO covers kept the soda from damaging my seat. Try that with leather.
Leather is virtually water-proof and stain-proof

Old 03-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #40
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Leather is virtually water-proof and stain-proof

I had an ink pen leak in my pocket. Ruined my jeans, and the leather seat as well. Leather isn't nearly as waterproof or stainproof as Neoprene. Plus neoprene doesn't crack and chap. Another voter for Wet Okole's. I've had mine for 4 years, and they're still awesome.

Products Discussed in this Thread