Notices

Wet Okole vs leather seat covers?

View Poll Results: Wet Okole or Leather Seat covers
Wet Okole 39 54.17%
Leather 33 45.83%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2011, 03:51 PM   #41
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
I had an ink pen leak in my pocket. Ruined my jeans, and the leather seat as well. Leather isn't nearly as waterproof or stainproof as Neoprene. Plus neoprene doesn't crack and chap. Another voter for Wet Okole's. I've had mine for 4 years, and they're still awesome.
Not going to argue with you when it comes to ink....that sucks about your seats

Correct me if I'm wrong though, aren't the wet okoles neoprene, covered by some sort of thin layer of fabric (which gives the covers the different colors like gray and charcoal). So wouldn't that fabric be just as susceptible to surface stains as cloth seats?

I guess what I'm saying is that the top of the wet okoles aren't waterproof, the bottom is, right?
Old 03-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #42
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong though, aren't the wet okoles neoprene, covered by some sort of thin layer of fabric (which gives the covers the different colors like gray and charcoal). So wouldn't that fabric be just as susceptible to surface stains as cloth seats?

I guess what I'm saying is that the top of the wet okoles aren't waterproof, the bottom is, right?
you are correct keith
Old 03-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #43
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post

Yes, but the fabric top of the cover are stain resistant. I have a problem with pens apprantley but I've had the cap come off a pen in my pocket and marked on my Wet Okole's. I took my Bissel Steam cleaner to it, and all the ink came off; no issues, you wouldn't get that result from leather. Ink mark on leather is a kiss of death. My wife's jeans used to leave blue stains on our Chevy Equinox leather seats that wouldn't come out no matter what I tried. I have no stains what so ever on my Wet Okole's. The fabric is Stainguarded with something fierce.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #44
lancezimm is on a distinguished road
Name: Lance
lancezimm's Tacoma Gallery
I agree completely with leather not being completely stain resistent. It also takes some attention to remain soft. My wife's Honda Accord has dark grey leather seats. We keep them looking like new with Lexol cleaner and conditioner, but I've seen some leather seats that look wore out after only a handful of years due to abuse.

Also, I have a 40 pound dog, and we always have to cover the leather seats in the car if we take him to the vet. His nails would scratch the heck out of the seat finish if we didn't.

I just bought Wet Okoles in the group buy, and I can't wait to get them on the seats. We used to use sheepskin covers on our seats. They kept seats looking new, but custom fit covers cost a fortune regardless of material. Neoprene should be a great alternative.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #45
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
Yes, but the fabric top of the cover are stain resistant. I have a problem with pens apprantley but I've had the cap come off a pen in my pocket and marked on my Wet Okole's. I took my Bissel Steam cleaner to it, and all the ink came off; no issues, you wouldn't get that result from leather. Ink mark on leather is a kiss of death. My wife's jeans used to leave blue stains on our Chevy Equinox leather seats that wouldn't come out no matter what I tried. I have no stains what so ever on my Wet Okole's. The fabric is Stainguarded with something fierce.
same thing is going on with my mom's audi, it's really quite unsightly haha
Old 03-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #46
Sandhopper is on a distinguished road

Sandhopper's Tacoma Gallery
Dark leather is my preference. I really like to Katskin look in the Tacoma. I am not a fan of neoprene. My wife had to buy an Acadia with titanium gray leather. Blue jeans started to turn them blue... With the light gray in my Tacoma, I like the gray with charcoal inserts. Def need to think about Heat and maybe go perforated for the summer.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #47
hokiesax is on a distinguished road
hokiesax's Tacoma Gallery
wet okole review

I've had my Wet Okole's for over 2 years now in my Tacoma. I live in Florida and I'm miserable in the summer. Total swamp ass all the time, even with the AC running. I just get cold on the front half of my body and still sweatin on the back. And I'm skinny, so it's not a fat guy sweat kind of thing. They do look really cool and I have a 4 year old so it has been easy to deal with spills. One time I took the seat cover off to clean though and there were some light water stains underneath the seats that I don't remember being there. I'm not sure if something actually soaked through or not.

ALSO, I bought these because we are at the beach all the time and I didn't want to have to worry about putting a towel down when we are wet. Yeah, you can just jump in with wet shorts on, but it's just like a wetsuit. It doesn't dry for like a day. So in the morning when I go to work my seats are still damp and my work clothes are wet by the time I get to work.

They do look cool though.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #48
hokiesax is on a distinguished road
hokiesax's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone have any recommendations for seat covers that look as cool as the Wet Okole's and fit as well but aren't made of neoprene?
Old 08-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #50
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
can wet okoles be washed in the washer machine?
Old 08-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #51
fvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the roughfvtalon is a jewel in the rough

Name: Mike
fvtalon's Tacoma Gallery
I got tired of the EZ stain (tm) stock fabric and I ended up going with leather. I was decided on the WO for a while and then the leather GB came up and while it was more money than WO I like the smell and look of leather and I thought the price was good.

I do like the look of the WO though, they don't look like seat covers at all, the fit looks great. I'd probably be happy with either one.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:17 PM   #52
those who seek fear shall be followed by fear
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Name: Chuck
TacomaMtnMan's Tacoma Gallery
If any group buys come up for WO I wanna know about it.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #53
Fla Yota is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Former USMC Coproral
Name: Drew
Fla Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaMtnMan View Post
If any group buys come up for WO I wanna know about it.

X2
Old 08-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #54
cstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcstephan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carl
cstephan's Tacoma Gallery
I WOULD BE IN FOR A GROUP BUY

I WILL CALL THEM TOMORROW AND SEE WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO DO A GROUP BUY
Old 09-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #55
tgus is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
tgus's Tacoma Gallery
Group Buy

One more for the WO group buy.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:15 PM   #56
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
How the hell does WO have more votes than leather? If you want expensive ass seat COVERS that are hotter than fuck then get the Wet Okes. If you want something that actually replaces the stock fabric, is easy to clean, waterproof, naturally smells good, and looks awesome, then get the leathers for the same, if not, a little bit more money.

$500 plus for neoprene is a joke.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:16 AM   #58
those who seek fear shall be followed by fear
TacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud ofTacomaMtnMan has much to be proud of

Name: Chuck
TacomaMtnMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
How the hell does WO have more votes than leather? If you want expensive ass seat COVERS that are hotter than fuck then get the Wet Okes. If you want something that actually replaces the stock fabric, is easy to clean, waterproof, naturally smells good, and looks awesome, then get the leathers for the same, if not, a little bit more money.

$500 plus for neoprene is a joke.

BLAH You could not pay me to put leather in my truck, unless I had a show truck. But to each their own.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #59
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaMtnMan View Post
BLAH You could not pay me to put leather in my truck, unless I had a show truck. But to each their own.
Right because a lot of non "show trucks" don't come with leather from the factory.

And I bet you someone could pay you to put leather in your truck. Same way someone could pay me to put neoprene seat covers in my truck.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #60
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
I'm happy stock.

Leather sucks when its below 40 outside, and leather sucks when its above 75 and sunny.

Neoprene sucks if you sweat, ever. Basically anywhere warm or damp.

I'm quite content with the standard fabric.