Leather 33 45.83%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
thedude is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Lucas
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Wet Okole vs leather seat covers?

Any advantage to Wet Okole besides cheaper price? Are Okole's hot in the summer, cold in winter like leather and do they breath at all?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Seriously what's the deal about the Okole's. They look good but are they practical?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #4
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure leather would look better but the WO are a lot more practical. They are fitted perfectly but can be removed for cleaning. They are also made from neoprene and that makes them worth their weight in gold when you climb in sweaty and muddy.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
For example, I spilled a Big Gulp all over my passanger seat and center console. I got home and used paper towels to clean up the seats and they were good as new. The WO covers kept the soda from damaging my seat. Try that with leather.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #6
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
They both look good. WO is cheaper and don't have to remove seats for install. Just don't won't to be hot and cold all time like leather wo heat or ac.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:45 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I personally don't like Neoprene.... In the summer, they make me sweat and I had that feeling.

Leather? I don't like leather seats for the same reason.

But, if I had to guess.... Okales being cheaper & you can probably wash them easier (throw them in the washer??).
Old 03-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #9
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Had two good group buys going on, one for leather, one for WO. I went WO because I don't want to deal with the hassle of removing seats and they are about half the price.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:47 AM   #10
That Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I personally don't like Neoprene.... In the summer, they make me sweat and I had that feeling.
Yup summer months can be interesting. The neoprene won't burn you like leather can but it certaintly doesnt breathe well, leading to a sweaty back.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:03 AM   #11
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude View Post
They both look good. WO is cheaper and don't have to remove seats for install. Just don't won't to be hot and cold all time like leather wo heat or ac.
I assure you, the WO install is much easier if you remove the seats.

I like my WO's, but I have seen the leather in homerTacos truck and really like that too. Depends on your preference. If you live in a colder climate, get eh heaters no matter which one you choose.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:36 AM   #12
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFun View Post
Yup summer months can be interesting. The neoprene won't burn you like leather can but it certaintly doesnt breathe well, leading to a sweaty back.
Hmmm maybe I should think twice about getting them then. Love the looks but I live in AR, summers are hell here. Last thing I want is to sweat while in my truck. You guys get sweaty even with AC on?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:48 AM   #13
That Guy
Quote:
Hmmm maybe I should think twice about getting them then. Love the looks but I live in AR, summers are hell here. Last thing I want is to sweat while in my truck. You guys get sweaty even with AC on?
I prefer windows open when driving but I'll drive to work with the AC for appearances sake. Granted I'd sweat even with regular seats in the summer months but the WO are only marginally worse, if at all. If it's hot out... I sweat.

AC on, no major issues.
AC off, sweaty back.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:50 AM   #14
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
You can spill soda on leather and clean it up just as easily. Wet Okoles are nice but spending $500 on covers that just go over the seat seems a bit expensive.

I used to want WOs but spent a little bit more money and got the leathers. Its a lot more classier.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #15
Jedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: 0621 Field Radio Operator, Cpl
Name: Josh
Jedi7Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have WO (for 2 years now) and have never seen the leather ones in person, only here on TW.

The leather look amazing, but I love my WO (they also look very good). They are very comfortable, have a nice thick pad for you butt as well. I can jump in my truck after snowboarding all day in a storm, being covered in snow and not worry about my seats getting ruined, or go hit the beach and not have to dry off first before leaving. Also, my dog loves them, easy to clean (spray some cleaner and rub in with wet cloth), easy to install (take the front seats out), they work for me

Front

Back
Old 03-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #16
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I am also trying to decide which would be the better choice. I think the leather looks better and would be nice to have, but cost is about double. The Wet Okoles look good also and seem to fit well, plus they cost less. With the number of members who own them, the Okoles must be a good product. The weather in AR are about the same we have in TX so the summer heat is a concern with me also.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #17
GP100 is a jewel in the roughGP100 is a jewel in the roughGP100 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Paul
GP100's Tacoma Gallery
I just got in on this Wet Okole group buy. When I take my dog to the beach I think they'll fare better than leather.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Leather. Leather. Leather. Get Leather. Leather. Leather will do the trick. I'd go with some leather myself.

Seriously though, I've had WOs now for about a year and a half. Here's the breakdown:

- Once you pay $400+ for a set of seat covers and realize what seat covers are for, you feel like a fucking retard.

- Hot in the summer.

- Comfortably warm in the winter (they hug you).

- The added padding is nice.

- The fit is perfect and they look fantastic.

If I could do it over again? I'd go leather. Which is what I plan to do when I kill the Okoles.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #19
Air Force:
thedude's Tacoma Gallery

These leather seats look badass... Of course they are $1100
Old 03-16-2011, 07:42 PM   #20
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

These leather seats look badass... Of course they are $1100

Any good custom leather is gonna run you in the neighborhood of a grand, plus a couple hundred more if you pay a shop to install it.