Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Amazon CB radio setup - good/decent?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Amazon CB radio setup - good/decent?

Hey guys,

Looking to get a simple (& cheap...) CB radio setup for when running the trails with others. I was pointed to amazon where there is an inexpensive CB radio, and I would also need an antenna.

No experience with CBs, just wanted to know if the specs are good/match and that it's a decent setup.

CB:
http://www.amazon.com/Midland-1001Z-...0222993&sr=8-1

Antenna:
http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-Base-Loa...0222993&sr=8-9

Also, what about the magnetic mount? Are they usually good or do they fall off all the time? Should I get a solid mount? If it is solid, It'd be nice not to get a huge redundant one...

Thanks in advance...
Eddy
Old 03-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Bump?

I believe this is why things are "tossed" into the 2nd Gen category... who goes straight to product reviews to see what's up?....
Old 03-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #3
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
I run a cobra that is similar to that one. Cobra DX19. Wilson antennas are great. I recommend a Wilson 1000.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
should be a decent set up...both credible names

the magnet mount is nice so you can take the antenna off when you're not using it...

is that your 2011 taking that massive jump in your sig?
Old 03-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post

the magnet mount is nice so you can take the antenna off when you're not using it...

x2

Didn't know James got a new black DC!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #6

Navy:
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post

Cool thanks...

And yeah that's my '11

Man... This James guy sure has a rep... Lol
Old 03-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #7

Navy:
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Your one lucky SOB running pretty much stock suspension and jumping.

I think a roll cage should be installed with about 100 other safety items before you should be jumping IMHO.
Hah yeah I'm lucky. Wasn't plannin on jumping high (the 4.0L pushed me to do it! ) or gettin that much air but luckily everything was sound after and I got a cool jump under the belt Trust me won't be doing that again before I do many, many mods

Products Discussed in this Thread