1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fender Installation Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by 08pretaco, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Mar 16, 2011 at 1:54 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    So far I am kicking myself in the ass SO FAR for getting these fenders. Yes I realize it is fiberglass and yes I do realize nothing is perfect.

I stopped by half a dozen body shops and 1 off-road shop. Here is the cost breakdown:

Fenders Retail: $400
    Install Estimates: 8-10 hours on the conservative side with an hourly rate 0f 60-100 an hour (100 for the off-road shop).

I though 8-10 hours was ridiculous so I called the company and asked them if those estimates sounded normal...they said yes.

So thus far I am spending more installing the fenders than what their cost is. Maybe its just me and the weather here is Arizona, since its getting hot, but I don't understand how fitting fenders can be so much.

It may seem like I am bad mouthing any fenders but what I am trying to get across in this post is:
    Whoever buys fenders, be prepared to pay just as much for fitting as you did for buying them. Have the money set aside and be prepared!

2. Mar 16, 2011 at 2:00 PM
    Tacomanator

Tacomanator Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clam Slammer
    Southern Cali
    King 2.5" extended travel coilovers with compression adjusters, Camburg UCA's, King 2.5" rear shocks, TRD 1st gen CAI.
    thats crazy! what kind of fenders are they? my buddy and i put fenders on his f150 in a little over an hour with some sanding. i know its a f150 and not a Tacoma, but still...

3. Mar 16, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Scaffolding and a painted grill
    Buy a Dremel and a couple of cases of beer and make a weekend of it. The front fenders took me about an afternoon per side the first time through. Second time around I knocked each side out in about 2 hours.

Bedsides go much faster.

It's not rocket science. Save yourself some cash and do it yourself.

4. Mar 16, 2011 at 2:11 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Mj I do not think I have the patience in me to do something like this unfortunately. I'm so frustrated with them as it is I don't want anything to do with them, I would probably rip them off and run with out fenders, burn them after running them over 1000000 x times lol

5. Mar 16, 2011 at 2:14 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    Scaffolding and a painted grill
    Sell 'em to me. I could always use a spare set. ;)

The installation really is as time consuming as people say. The beer definitely helps!

6. Mar 16, 2011 at 2:36 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    call chris,i bet he will put them on for a box of klondike bars:D

Products Discussed in

To Top